Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2018, 21:36   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Hi Ramki,

If you are driving from Bengaluru by road, the order of visiting would be as follows:

Bengaluru - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Jaipur - Agra - Delhi.
If by other means, then it would Delhi - Agra - Jaipur (Package tour by multiple tour operators by Volvo, peace of mind) - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Delhi
Food options for vegetarian - Multiple options available. In Udaipur, it would be Sankalp hotel. For Jodhpur and Jaisalmer, suggest checking Tripadvisor.

But would suggest increasing the time period.

You would need 2 days for Delhi local, 2 days for Delhi Agra Jaipur, 4 days for Jaisalmer, 2 days for Jodhpur, 3 days for Udaipur. This would make it an actual holiday.

I did this trip 1 1/2 year ago with my 3 1/2 year old. Might have the actual itenary lying around somewhere. Will post it.
Thanks very much LegalEagle. But I will not be able to extend the holidays and reaching Delhi and coming back from Delhi to Bangalore is a costly affair(30K for return flight alone for family). Dropping Delhi and Agra from iternary. Now, how can we plan?
Old 2nd October 2018, 22:06   #422
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hey guys,
Me, wify and my 4 year old daughter, want to visit Rajasthan this Diwali from Bangalore. After seeing some travelogues here and elsewhere, we plan to visit Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Udaipur, Agra, Sand dunes and finally Delhi(Anything else we can cover?). I have around 9 days starting from 3rd November to 11 November.
Please let me know the best iternary to cover these places with details like travel, staying options, food (vegetarian only). I prefer not to drive in this whole tour.
Thanks very much in advance.
Regards
@Mods, If this is not the right thread, kindly move accordingly. Thanks.
If it is not a driving trip,then you can fly from Bangalore to Jaipur and hire a cab from Jaipur and keep the same car with you for the entire trip.

BLR-Jaipur
Jaipur:2nights
Jaipur-Jodhpur (via Pushkar/Ajmer):Jodhpur 2Nights
Jodhpur-Jaisalmer:2/3nights
Jaisalmer-Udaipur:2/3nights
Udaipur-Mumbai-Bangalore: flight
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:31   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If it is not a driving trip,then you can fly from Bangalore to Jaipur and hire a cab from Jaipur and keep the same car with you for the entire trip.
BLR-Jaipur
Jaipur:2nights
Jaipur-Jodhpur (via Pushkar/Ajmer):Jodhpur 2Nights
Jodhpur-Jaisalmer:2/3nights
Jaisalmer-Udaipur:2/3nights
Udaipur-Mumbai-Bangalore: flight
For this one, two constraints -
1. Flight tickets for BLR Jaipur sector - due to the season, would be expensive.
2. Vehicle for the entire trip - Current rate is around Rs 12 - 14 per km, with a minimum running requirement. Add to that the cost of driver's nightstay, his "batta" daily running, and the associated expenses. It was due to this reason I left a common car option out and took vehicles locally.

Quote:
Thanks very much LegalEagle. But I will not be able to extend the holidays and reaching Delhi and coming back from Delhi to Bangalore is a costly affair(30K for return flight alone for family). Dropping Delhi and Agra from iternary. Now, how can we plan?
Depends how you wish to do the trip - if you are going for self drive, then suggest using Ahmedabad as a base camp. Drive to Udaipur, then onto Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, and then back to Udaipur, and onwards to Ahmedabad.
If it is by other means, then suggest hiring vehicles at each location locally. I might have the contact of the travel agency which I used for all the above stops. Payment was consolidated, in advance, and the vehicles and the drivers were pretty good.
Would need some time to get into the details. If possible, will try to provide all information by the weekend.
LegalEagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 18:26   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
For this one, two constraints -
1. Flight tickets for BLR Jaipur sector - due to the season, would be expensive.
2. Vehicle for the entire trip - Current rate is around Rs 12 - 14 per km, with a minimum running requirement. Add to that the cost of driver's nightstay, his "batta" daily running, and the associated expenses. It was due to this reason I left a common car option out and took vehicles locally.

Depends how you wish to do the trip - if you are going for self drive, then suggest using Ahmedabad as a base camp. Drive to Udaipur, then onto Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, and then back to Udaipur, and onwards to Ahmedabad.
If it is by other means, then suggest hiring vehicles at each location locally. I might have the contact of the travel agency which I used for all the above stops. Payment was consolidated, in advance, and the vehicles and the drivers were pretty good.
Would need some time to get into the details. If possible, will try to provide all information by the weekend.
Thanks very much LegalEagle
Would wait for your reply and decide on the iternary.
Old 8th October 2018, 09:20   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much LegalEagle
Would wait for your reply and decide on the iternary.

Hi Ramki067,

I have attached the Excel with a proposed itinerary for your trip. Do let me know if you need any additional help.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Trip Modified.xlsx (11.5 KB, 273 views)
LegalEagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 07:17   #426
BHPian

Hi guys, need a bit of help in planning my Rajasthan road trip. I am driving from Gurgaon in a XUV and will reach Jaisalmer by 2 PM on 18th November. I plan to visit longewala and tanot. I also plan on spending a night in desert and visiting some forts in Jaisalmer. I have booked an evening safari in Ranthambore on 23rd of November so i need to be there by 23rd morning or 22nd night. Can someone advice me how to spend the days in between. I would also like to know how many days are enough in Jaisalmer.

Last edited by AnkitAnimesh : 21st October 2018 at 07:29.
Old 21st October 2018, 09:30   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Hi guys, need a bit of help in planning my Rajasthan road trip. I am driving from Gurgaon in a XUV and will reach Jaisalmer by 2 PM on 18th November. I plan to visit longewala and tanot. I also plan on spending a night in desert and visiting some forts in Jaisalmer. I have booked an evening safari in Ranthambore on 23rd of November so i need to be there by 23rd morning or 22nd night. Can someone advice me how to spend the days in between. I would also like to know how many days are enough in Jaisalmer.
Tanot - Longewala will take up almost the entire day. I suggest you start early morning from Jaisalmer and don't forget to get some packed food for lunch. Although there are canteens at Tanot and Longewala both, supplies can be iffy and you may get just biscuits/juices etc.

On the day you arrive in Jaisalmer, you could explore the local market, go there in a rick leaving your car at the hotel.

One day can be spent covering the local attractions in Jaisalmer - starting with the fort. Lots to see, and if you take a guide along, can be fun.

One day you can dedicate to the desert stay, safari etc. They usually start from afternoon onwards so the first half you could explore the ruins of Kuldhara.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 03:11   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Tanot - Longewala will take up almost the entire day. I suggest you start early morning from Jaisalmer and don't forget to get some packed food for lunch. Although there are canteens at Tanot and Longewala both, supplies can be iffy and you may get just biscuits/juices etc.

On the day you arrive in Jaisalmer, you could explore the local market, go there in a rick leaving your car at the hotel.

One day can be spent covering the local attractions in Jaisalmer - starting with the fort. Lots to see, and if you take a guide along, can be fun.

One day you can dedicate to the desert stay, safari etc. They usually start from afternoon onwards so the first half you could explore the ruins of Kuldhara.
This is very helpful. Assuming i stay 18th, 19th and 20th in Jaisalmer, can you suggest what destination should i choose for 21st and 22nd. As i already stated i need to be in Ranthambore on 23rd so i would like to know what else can be done in between.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:05   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
This is very helpful. Assuming i stay 18th, 19th and 20th in Jaisalmer, can you suggest what destination should i choose for 21st and 22nd. As i already stated i need to be in Ranthambore on 23rd so i would like to know what else can be done in between.
Well, you could spread out your visit so as to see Jaisalmer at leisure. You can do the city tour on 2 days or spend an additional day at the sand dunes - maybe explore the possibility of having a meal out on the dunes and returning late at night to the camps. The "traditional" song and dance programs are usually the same every night, so you won't miss too much if you spend a night away.
Old 27th October 2018, 02:26   #430
BANNED

Hi people, I and my friend are planning a road trip from Delhi to explore Rajasthan and Gujarat in the last two weeks of December this year. We have good 12-13days and thinking of covering Jaisalmer, Rann, Diu and Gir national park. I wanted to know if its doable or not, especially since we are just two of us.!
And if it's not doable, what modifications do you recommend? I have covered Udaipur already so maybe Jaisalmer can be skipped?
Old 30th October 2018, 00:12   #431
BHPian

Hi, planning to do a Ranthambore trip from Gurgaon during Diwali week. Driving down with family. What is the best route to take and how are the road conditions.
Which is a better option?
1. Gurgaon - Bhiwadi - Alwar - Dasua - Lalsot - Ranthambore

2. Gurgaon - Manoharpur (just before Jaipur on NH 48 ) - Dasua - Lalsot - Ranthambore

Please advice.
Old 4th November 2018, 07:27   #432
BHPian

Did Pune to Jaisalmer ( 1231 kms) in 2 phases. 1st phase of 720kms from 6AM to 7PM till Mehasana (outskirts till shanku's water part), stayed over night at a hotel and 2nd phase of 511kms from 7.30AM to 5.30PM on the way visiting Modhera Sun temple and Rani Ka Vav at Patan.

On NH 48 road condition improves after 420kms in Gujarat (kosamba) till Ahmedabad. NE1 is butter smooth and one of the best maintained Express ways in western india i guess.

All the state highways in Gujarat including SH41, SH54, 72, 130 NH27, NH68 are in good condition.

Tharad to Sanchore came across heavy truck traffic for 70kms and these are big size . vehicles . Suddenly they all vanished after some right turn which takes them to north India i guess. From their on the last 270kms is traffic less. Took 5hrs for 330kms between Tharad & Jaisalmer.
Old 6th November 2018, 11:07   #433
BHPian

Hi Bhpians

Planning to drive to munabao this Thursday From Ahmedabad.

Need advice from people for the trip.
Old 11th November 2018, 08:09   #434
BHPian

Did Udaipur to Pune ( 887kms) in 15hrs y'day 10-Nov (7.30AM - 10.30 PM). This includes 2 Tea Breaks + Lunch + 30mins break at Narmada park Bharuch and evening Mumbai traffic through Thane.

1. Udaipur to Shamlaji (Gujarata RTO checkpost) is bit slow avg speed around 60-65 kmph due to the 3rd lane expansion work in progress

2. Took Gujarat SH 45 + 67 from Shamlaji to Vadodara 210kms (bypassing Ahmedabad). This one is a fantastic SH built by Gujarat govt, through Godhra/Halol and we were able to maintain avg speed of 80-85 kmph. SH 45 is all the way till Vapi, but seems like 50kms long than the usual NH 8 (NH48) From Halol SH 45 moves to Vapi and we need to take SH 67 to Vadodara.

3. All cars travel toll free on Gujarat SH's, I've traveled around 440kms through SH's of Gujarat with decent avg speeds of 65 kmph and no tolls at all, which speaks about quality of roads.
udaygk77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2018, 14:18   #435
BHPian

Drove down from Gurgaon to Ranthambore last week. Google showed up three options
1. Gurgaon - Alwar - Dausa - Lalsot - Ranthambore
2. Gurgaon - Manoharpur - Dausa - Lalsot - Ranthambore
3. Gurgaon - Manoharpur - Kothun - Lalsot - Ranthoambore

Opted for the Manoharpur - Dausa - Lalsot route on the onward journey.
Started around 8.20 am on Diwali day and reached by 4 pm. Had a halt at Old Rao Hotel near Biwadi for the breakfast. Reached Manoharpur around 11.30 and then Dausa by 12.15 noon. Journey till this was very enjoyable. Then the nightmare started - Dausa to Lalsot was(is) a complete mess. This took about 1 hr and 30 mins negating all the smooth drive till then. Once we crossed Lalsot, then the drive to Ranthambore was good again. All in all took about 6 hrs and 30 mins for 345 kms drive.

Gurgaon - Manoharpur - NH48, Overall good, but regular patches where the top layer has eroded. No need to slow down, but a bit uncomfortable. Two tolls, Fastag helped. 170 kms / 70kmph. Two tolls - Shahjahanpur - Rs 130, Mahoharpura - Rs 60

Manoharpura - Dausa - NH148 - Entry from NH48 is still under construction - about 1 km. Once this was crossed, the next 65 kms was butter smooth, one of the best i had driven in the northern part of India. Clearly marked, good dividers and picturesque as well. One toll before half way. Fastag helped. 70 kms / 85 kmph. One toll - Nekawala Plaza - Rs 45

Dausa - Lalsot - NH148 - Just before the Dausa town, need to take right on to the Agra-Jaipur highway and then take left through the ring road to join the Lalsot road after the town. The nightmare started here. The next 30 kms was a torture to drive even in an automatic. Road construction work was(is) going on in the entire 30 km stretch. It was(is) like every one km, the roads were dug up and filled with gravel and concrete patch for the next one km (not yet completed through, with sharp edges and rods protruding on the sides). Maybe one year down the line, the road will be good. But now, if you have (even if you do not have )a choice please avoid it. Suspension, engine, gearbox, tyres, your legs and passengers will be saved. 40 kms / 25 kmph. Luckily no Toll.

Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries-20181107_122416.jpg

Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries-20181107_122435.jpg

Lalsot - Ranthambore - SH 24 - This was a welcome bliss after the previous 40 kms of hell. Good road. But lot of villages/small towns on frequent intervals and hence need to slow down regularly. Few unmarked speedbreakers, visible during day, but not sure during the night. Need to be wary of these. With farms/cultivation on either side a good soothing drive. 70kms / 65 kmph. Two tolls - but private cars were waived off. Only commercial vehicles were charged.

Return Opted for Lalsot - Kothun - Manoharpur option.
Started around 1 pm after lunch and reached by 10 pm after couple of breaks including dinner at Old Rao Hotel. Googled for other options with drive time. Instead of Lalsot - Dausa, the other option was to go to Kothun and then drive skirting Jaipur to reach Manoharpur. Checked drive time and google maps showed 1km/min drive time which is very good in day time. Additional distance was about 40 kms compared to previous route, but drive time more or less same. Hence opted for this. All in all took about 6 hrs and 45 mins for 385 kms drive.

Lalsot - Kothun - NH23 - This road can be reached by taking a left into the Chaksu-Lalsot link road which comes 2 kms before the Lalsot town starts. Good road and about 3 kms on this, take left to join into NH23.While 1-2 kms of this stretch was bad and made me think to turn back to the hell ride, but maps kept showing very good average speed. Hence kept moving on. After that the road opens up and is a good 4 lane one till Kothun, recently laid, markings not yet done. Definitely better than many roads but not as good as Dausa - Manoharpur stretch. 43 kms / 65 kmph. No toll as yet.

Kothun - Manoharpur - NH52 / NH248 - Good road. Tonk road it is. After 34 kms on this, take a right and go through some outskirts of Jaipur and join the Mahal road for about 7 kms and then join into NH248 and then onto NH48 few kms before Manoharpur. Mahal road and upto NH48, speeds will be low due to high local traffic and people crossing at odd places. 105 kms / 50 kmph. One toll - Barkedha Toll Plaza on NH52 - Rs 90. Fastag works.

Basis this recent experience, would recommend to take the round about way, rather than Lalsot-Dausa stretch atleast for the next 12 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks