Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2020, 02:05   #571
BHPian

I visited last year Dec 2019. Last I went was in 2009. Not going back to Jaisalmer again. They have spoilt the charm. After 30 - 45 mins of folk song and dance they switch to DJ. If I wanted to listen to nightclub music there are numerous options in NCR. But they say it's public demand, and much to my dismay all camps were actually playing the same. We decide to return back to hotel instead of the camp , to atleast have a more comfortable sleep. The story might be different in Rajasthan tourism camp, but then their other services are below par.

If plan is final. Skip the camp, do desert safari in open jeep and return back to the comfort of hotel. Unless you want to see the sunrise in desert.
Old 15th November 2020, 10:41   #572
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
What about this route by Google Maps? How are the roads? If you have any idea.

Attachment 2077852
I did this route of Udaipur-Samlaji-Godhra-Halol-Vadodara-Pune back in Nov 2018 during day trip, Samlaji to Vadodara is a 4 Lane Non Toll road ,where in i did avg speed of 80-85, assuming road conditions are same i would recommend this road , point to note is not many eateries as you might find on the other section on Golden quadrilateral. If google is recommending it then it should be good even now too.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:36   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
I did this route of Udaipur-Samlaji-Godhra-Halol-Vadodara-Pune back in Nov 2018 during day trip, Samlaji to Vadodara is a 4 Lane Non Toll road ,where in i did avg speed of 80-85, assuming road conditions are same i would recommend this road , point to note is not many eateries as you might find on the other section on Golden quadrilateral. If google is recommending it then it should be good even now too.
Hi completed the trip last week and, indeed, I took this route. The roads on this section, though were four lane, were fantastic plus no tolls for the cars. I need to travel back to Jaipur, maybe I’ll try a different route this time.
Old 15th November 2020, 20:13   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
When you are on long distances, its always better to take tolled arterial roads even at the cost of extra distance. Not sure about the status of many interior sections other than the main ones.
Just drove from Gurgaon to Udaipur two days back. Roads are good, except some 5-10 kms overall in some small patches. Covered in 9 hrs via Ajmer and couple of 20 mins break.

Agree, do not go for inner roads, stick to tolled highways. Jaipur to Ajmer is fantastic as usual and can easily do high triple digits without break. After Ajmer, need to keep a close watch for bovines crossing randomly. Still good speed can be maintained.

And did Udaipur to Jaisalmer yesterday. Went by Google maps than the recommended Udaipur Jodhpur Jaisalmer route. Encountered some scary village roads and some nonexistent mud roads through unknown village hamlets. While it was the shortest route by 25 mins and 35 kms, it did scare me as I was travelling with kids. About 100 kms was this Google Natasha (name given by my younger kid for the Google lady voice) directed shortcuts of no roads in hamlets which actually do not even exist in population census reports. So, stick to main highways during long distance, please.

Last edited by Karvel : 15th November 2020 at 20:20.
Karvel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 15:13   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
What about this route by Google Maps? How are the roads? If you have any idea.

Attachment 2077852
Maybe you will take the Pali Sirohi Mehsana one on the return. It is very good. But tolled road.

Last edited by cpabhijit : 17th November 2020 at 15:14.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 20:55   #576
BHPian

Which is the best road from Udaipur to Ahmedabad and Rajkot? Via Palanpur or via the Mumbai highway?
I hear that the NH taking you to Vadodara etc from Udaipur is under road-widening process. Hence.
I will prefer to go via Ahmedabad to Rajkot if conditions of road are not too bad. Otherwise, the East-West corridor (?)
Any suggestions will help.
Old 21st November 2020, 23:06   #577
BHPian

Hi all. I am planning to travel to Kantha National park from Jaipur in the second week of December. This journey of, around 18 hours, we are planning to cover in two parts. The first day we are going to cover the maximum distance and leave around 3-4 hours of journey for the next day. I couldn’t find any city to stay in on the route shown by the Google Maps. Is it recommended to travel to Jabalpur, which is around 14 hours journey from Jaipur, and then continue to Kantha the next day.
Also, what could be the best route?
Old 22nd November 2020, 13:20   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Which is the best road from Udaipur to Ahmedabad and Rajkot? Via Palanpur or via the Mumbai highway?
I hear that the NH taking you to Vadodara etc from Udaipur is under road-widening process. Hence.
I will prefer to go via Ahmedabad to Rajkot if conditions of road are not too bad. Otherwise, the East-West corridor (?)
Any suggestions will help.
Take the Shyamlaji-Himmatnagar route. Going via Vadodara will increase the distance and journey time. The road widening works are going on at several places on Shyamlaji-Himmatnagar stretch which may slow you down by a hour. Ideal driving time between Udaipur and Ahmedabad is 4.5 hours . Palanpur stretch will also increase the distance and driving time unnecessarily.
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:02   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Take the Shyamlaji-Himmatnagar route. Going via Vadodara will increase the distance and journey time. The road widening works are going on at several places on Shyamlaji-Himmatnagar stretch which may slow you down by a hour. Ideal driving time between Udaipur and Ahmedabad is 4.5 hours . Palanpur stretch will also increase the distance and driving time unnecessarily.
Thanks a lot! So, you meant it is advisable to take the Shyamlaji route in spite of the road widening work.
In fact, I will not have to go to Vadodara at all, since I will like to turn towards Rajkot. Any idea how the Ahmedabad bypass route like? Does one have good refreshment points?
Old 22nd November 2020, 18:15   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot! So, you meant it is advisable to take the Shyamlaji route in spite of the road widening work.
In fact, I will not have to go to Vadodara at all, since I will like to turn towards Rajkot. Any idea how the Ahmedabad bypass route like? Does one have good refreshment points?
Ahmedabad bypass route is well laid tarmac called here as the SP ring road. Though at few places traffic is at peak during evening hours but still manageable. You need to follow the below route once you reach Gandhinagar : Right turn from Chiloda circle-Left from a Circle with a Air Force plane-Drive straight till Vaishnodevi circle-Right turn onto the SP ring road-Follow the hoardings for Rajkot (merely 8-10 kms to drive). Avoid reaching Ahmedabad in evening time as during peak hours the traffic jams are evident at many places and hoping to the Rajkot highway will take sometime.
Old 23rd November 2020, 07:48   #581
BHPian

Quote:
You need to follow the below route once you reach Gandhinagar : Right turn from Chiloda circle-Left from a Circle with a Air Force plane-Drive straight till Vaishnodevi circle-Right turn onto the SP ring road-Follow the hoardings for Rajkot (merely 8-10 kms to drive). Avoid reaching Ahmedabad in evening time as during peak hours the traffic jams are evident at many places and hoping to the Rajkot highway will take sometime.
Once again, thanks a lot! These are very clear road directions! My aim could be to reach Rajkot by evening. So, I am looking for crossing Ahmedabad by lunch time (and will be looking for a decent place where I can have the famed thali as lunch, though not too expensive).
Is the Ahmedabad - Rajkot - Porbandar highway also four-lane throughout?
Old 23rd November 2020, 08:23   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Once again, thanks a lot! These are very clear road directions! My aim could be to reach Rajkot by evening. So, I am looking for crossing Ahmedabad by lunch time (and will be looking for a decent place where I can have the famed thali as lunch, though not too expensive).
Is the Ahmedabad - Rajkot - Porbandar highway also four-lane throughout?
You can try Gujarati Thali in Gandhinagar there are many options available just google once before reaching. If you wish to try it in Ahmedabad you will have to take a slight detour. Moreover, Rajkot is also famous for Gujarati food.
Secondly, yes the Ahmedabad- Rajkot highway is 4 lane. The travel time should be around 4-4.5 hours.
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:27   #583
BHPian

Quote:
You can try Gujarati Thali in Gandhinagar there are many options available just google once before reaching. If you wish to try it in Ahmedabad you will have to take a slight detour. Moreover, Rajkot is also famous for Gujarati food.
Secondly, yes the Ahmedabad- Rajkot highway is 4 lane. The travel time should be around 4-4.5 hours.
Thanks again! I will try it somewhere in Gandhinagar itself. Rest of the queries, I think I will post in another thread, a Guharat-specific one

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 23rd November 2020 at 17:28.
Old 1st December 2020, 16:05   #584

Gentlemen,

As a part of my annual ritual (cross country drives), I am planning for a tour from Bangalore to Rajasthan and cover few historical spots of interest in RJ. There is also an aspiration to visit Durgapur, my hometown - and stay there through the month of January and return to Bangalore after sometime. I am traveling with my wife and son (7 years old) and we are comfortable upto 16 hours per day drives. As Jaipur is where my in-laws are, I have to first reach there (to reduce their risk of COVID) before my vacation starts. Have gone through the recent discussions in this thread and based on it, have come up with a trip plan for all of you to review and opine, on the following categories:-

1. KA to RJ Interstate routes - BLR-HYD-NAG-BHO-JAI (also working with HVK Sir to fine tune this, may be Nagpur-Jhansi-Tonk)
2. RJ Intrastate routes - Within RJ
3. RJ to WB Interstate routes - Covering Lucknow & Varanasi

Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries-brb-plan.png

Any help with regards to the road conditions for the planned sectors will be very helpful. Also, if you could suggest some budget hotels based on your experience would be of immense help. Thanks!
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:46   #585
Senior - BHPian

We are going to Jailsmer from 24th Dec to 28th Dec. The route we selected is Ahmebdabd-Deesa- Sanchor- Barmer-Jaisalmer. Is it the right route? Any input regarding this route is most welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks