Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 18:45   #661
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Which is the best route from Jaisalmer to Mount Abu currently? I would prefer good roads and good hotels/rest stops, hence a bit longer route is fine. It would be a daytime drive.
Old 17th October 2022, 12:24   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Quick question: are you referring to the view from the top of the fort at dusk, or a view of the fort from a rooftop restaurant at dusk?
In fact, both of them are worth the time spent. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to the view point where you can get the glimpse of the fort during sunset since I was a bit late in reaching back from Longewala.

I could only devour the view of the sunset from the fort as seen in the pictures I shared. But if you reach Jaisalmer earlier in the evening, you can try going to the vantage point where you can see the view of the fort during the sunset.

Have a safe trip!
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 08:19   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post
Which is the best route from Jaisalmer to Mount Abu currently? I would prefer good roads and good hotels/rest stops, hence a bit longer route is fine. It would be a daytime drive.
From Jaisalmer, drive to Jodhpur and then towards Pali - Abu Road. Excellent roads with sparse traffic.
Old 28th October 2022, 22:24   #664
BHPian

Dear all,

I am planning a Rajasthan trip towards the end of next month. I have 5 days at my disposal. Please suggest places and sights that should absolutely be in my list for a 5-days trip.
TIA!
Old 29th October 2022, 19:13   #665

Dear all,

We are planning to drive down from Chennai to Jodhpur/Jaisalmer by 1st week of Feb 2023 via Hyderabad by our Tata Safari, which I have taken delivery of today.

Both my sons will drive the vehicle and we hope to cover around 1000 kms a day. Would seek your help on the route we should take, one with good options to stay en route. On the return journey, we don't have to come via Hyderabad and are open to other options.

Tentative plan is to reach Hyderabad on the evening of 1st Feb and start from there on the 2nd post noon. We always avoid driving post 6/6.30pm and we can start the drive by 4 am. We have 11 days in hand and would be reaching Chennai on 12th Feb.

Looking forward to your valuable inputs.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 30th October 2022 at 10:05. Reason: Post formatting
ChanLee is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th October 2022, 09:47   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanLee View Post
We are planning to drive down from Chennai to Jodhpur/Jaisalmer by 1st week of Feb 2023 via Hyderabad by our Tata Safari
Congratulations on your new vehicle!

I think from Hyderabad, you will be taking the Pune - Mumbai route to Udaipur. Udaipur is worth spending two days. You can then proceed to Jodhpur and Jaisalmer and Tanot and Dunes.

As soon as you enter Udaipur from south, you have plenty of hotel options. I had stayed at Lords Inn which turned out to be good. But what I did there was to park the car at the hotel and book cabs for city touring. It is difficult to navigate through the roads to City Palace and Lake Pichola.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 30th October 2022 at 10:05. Reason: Quoted post edited
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 20:13   #667

Hi,Thank you for the response.We have been to Udaipur before and hence may not be very keen unless we are forced to take a halt after a long drive.Is it advisable to take Nagpur,Kota route or Via Pune?Also considering that we may start from Hyderabad around 1 PM we may at the max can cover 400 KMS before 6 30 PM post which we will take a halt.Where can we possibly halt for the Night stay?
Old 31st October 2022, 15:07   #668
BHPian

hi, I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Jaisalmer in my BMW 330i with my wife and two Teen boys. We were a regular road travelers until the pandemic hit us. So long trips are not new to us. We are planning this after the 10th CBSE exams in April 1st week. My questions are
1. will the weather be too bad/hot for travel and tourism.
2. we have planned the following route. Pls suggest if any optimization can be done or any other better routeRajasthan Road Trip : Queries-roadtrip.jpg
Old 31st October 2022, 15:52   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
hi, I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Jaisalmer

Yes, the weather will be hot and uncomfortable for a roadtrip. In RJ, nights might still be ok, but throughout the route the temps will be 35+ degrees in the day.

If possible, I'd suggest to plan it just after the onset of monsoon, in June end/ Jul start.

Quote:
2. we have planned the following route
Traffic builds up as we enter MH, and crossing Mumbai is an event in itself. So instead of Hubbali, it is better to advance to Belagavi, which will take about 8 hrs including breaks. 3 PM start is good enough for it.

From Belagavi, halt at Navi Mumbai instead of Mumbai. From there, start early and cross Ghodbunder road/ Vasai creek before 7 AM.

A'bad-JSLR might be a stretch. I think Jodhpur-JSLR is 2-lane, so starting early is advised. It is possible to reach before daybreak, since the sun sets much later in the west. I remember in Narayan Sarovar (GJ), it was still daylight at 8 pm.

Lastly, instead of Nagpur, if you can plan another night at Udaipur, you can club Kumbhalgarh or Chittorgarh too (not both) as a day trip from there.
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 17:06   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
Yes, the weather will be hot and uncomfortable for a roadtrip. In RJ, nights might still be ok, but throughout the route the temps will be 35+ degrees in the day.
I can do either at this time of the year or December end. At all other times Kid's school and my office both will not allow. I was thinking summer will have extended evenings which can be utilized for sight seeing's and rest of the day for taking rest. But the hot weather will be of concern definitely thats why Asked this question. If really not advisable then will look for an alternate destination. But all places drivable from Bangalore will be equally hot or hotter !

Quote:
it is better to advance to Belagavi, which will take about 8 hrs including breaks. 3 PM start is good enough for it.
sure can try for this.

Quote:
Lastly, instead of Nagpur, if you can plan another night at Udaipur, you can club Kumbhalgarh or Chittorgarh too (not both) as a day trip from there.
We have already seen Udaipur quite extensively during our last RJ trip. I have decided to include Nagpur to include Pench National Park tour.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion.
Old 1st November 2022, 22:42   #671
BHPian

hi,
pls guide me on below queries for current status :
1) consider taking the route Mumbai -> Barmer - Kiradu Temple - Munnabao - Phuliya - Jaisalmer / Sam : is there any restriction or prior permit required to travel ?

2) Jaisalmer - Tanot - BP609 - Longewala - Jaisalmer / Sam : what is the procedure for permits, especially for BP609 ? what are the restrictions ? Im assuming this circuit can be done as day-trip.

regards,
Old 2nd November 2022, 09:21   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
2) Jaisalmer - Tanot - BP609 - Longewala - Jaisalmer / Sam : what is the procedure for permits, especially for BP609 ? what are the restrictions ? Im assuming this circuit can be done as day-trip.
BP609 needs permission from BSF office in Jaisalmer. It will take a day to get it. At the time we went (March 2013), they were not giving permissions to visit BP609.

Tanot and Longewala have no restrictions. The entire circuit has got brand new roads through the Bharatamala project.

Be wary that you won't get proper food and there was exactly one IOCL at Ramgarh. You probably will get snacks at Tanot, but that's it.

Quote:
We are planning this after the 10th CBSE exams in April 1st week. My questions are
To give an idea. It was 36 in Jodhpur and 38 in Jaisalmer in early March. Udaipur will be the only place that'll be pleasant year round.

Last edited by narayans80 : 2nd November 2022 at 09:26.
Old 2nd November 2022, 16:24   #673
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a quick question that needs an urgent answer. I. am reaching Jaisalmer around 6 pm today. I plan to see Tanot Mata temple, Longewala and reach Sam dunes in time for watching sunset tomorrow.
By what time should I start tomorrow morning from Jaisalmer?
Google estimates 5.5 hours for the 280 kms. Is this accurate? I don't think I'll be spending more than 30 minutes each in Tanot and Longewala. Staying overnight tomorrow at camp eKhas. Heading to Bikaner on Friday.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vnabhi : 2nd November 2022 at 16:25.
Old 2nd November 2022, 17:02   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
By what time should I start tomorrow morning from Jaisalmer?
Took us 7 hours (0900-1600) for the Hotel-Tanot-Longewala-Hotel trip. This was when the roads were narrower.

I have no idea on the sunset time in Jaisalmer for this time of the year, so you have to back calculate and start accordingly.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 17:45   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Took us 7 hours (0900-1600) for the Hotel-Tanot-Longewala-Hotel trip. This was when the roads were narrower.

I have no idea on the sunset time in Jaisalmer for this time of the year, so you have to back calculate and start accordingly.
Many thanks. We saw sunset at 6 pm 2
days ago at Udaipur. Same time yesterday at Jodhpur. Guess it will be the same tomorrow.

Was 7 hours including the time spent at either place?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks