Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2023, 18:40   #706
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Did Pune - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Mt. Abu - Vadodara - Statue of Unity - Pune trip late-December 2022. Total 3,500 kms. 90% of the roads were excellent, 5% good, and the remaining drivable. The longest drive was Pune to Udaipur - 15 hrs, 925 kms. Most other drives were 5-6 hrs, and SoU to Pune being 11 hrs. All routes have good fuel and food facilities. Despite the holiday season, the road traffic was moderate. Tourist spots were crowded though.
Musaafir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 18:07   #707
BHPian

Hi all, what is the best route to go from Jaipur to Chandigarh?
I am seeing the below route in Google Maps. However, I see a lot of traffic on this route sometimes (like today).

Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries-a47de872ce6d41b69c22dd93045e2415.png
Old 31st January 2023, 21:09   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanLee View Post
Hi FamilyTraveller,
Exactly the same circuit that i have been planning for Feb 2003.Please let me know once you complete the trip.Will be of great help to me.
I am planning to do this in Mar 28- 10-Apr. please let me know your experience and also suggest places/hotels to stay
Old 1st February 2023, 09:49   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
I am planning to do this in Mar 28- 10-Apr. please let me know your experience and also suggest places/hotels to stay
During my visit to Chandigarh last Apr, I had stayed in Hotel Chandigarh Beckons. https://goo.gl/maps/XC78HrtsutwnqM2t7

Good place with enough space for car parking in the premises.
Old 1st February 2023, 13:12   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi all, what is the best route to go from Jaipur to Chandigarh?
I am seeing the below route in Google Maps. However, I see a lot of traffic on this route sometimes (like today).
Hi

Drove from Ambala to Jaipur on 3rd Jan 2023. The Trans Haryana - NH152D was a pleasure to drive with almost no traffic. I had used the same route on 31st Dec to travel to Hisar from Jaipur and had the same experience. The speed limit here is 100 kmph for cars and you can easily maintain the same.

Only points of concern while travelling from Jaipur side is the lack of operational rest stops, out of the ones I crossed on my way the first couple were still being constructed, post that there was one with a petrol pump and one toilet block working. while travelling from Jaipur, please fill up on fuel before you join the expressway as the fuel stops are few While in the opposite side a couple of rest stops after Ambala are completely operational with food service, operational clean toilets and fuel. Post that as you travel towards Rajasthan the rest stops are still not working.

Hope this helps.
Mgdoodler
Mgdoodler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 13:09   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgdoodler View Post
Drove from Ambala to Jaipur on 3rd Jan 2023. The Trans Haryana - NH152D was a pleasure to drive with almost no traffic.
How's the stretch from Jaipur to Narnaul?

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th February 2023 at 14:31. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 6th February 2023, 14:14   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
How's the stretch from Jaipur to Narnaul?
Jaipur Narnaul road surface is patchy mostly and lots of traffic both passenger and commercial. Its part of NH 48 and is okay for most part
Mgdoodler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 12:49   #713
BHPian

Me and a friend are considering riding through Rajasthan in the 2nd half of March. Any idea wrt the weather during that period?

The route we have planned on is:
Mumbai-Mt Abu-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Ajmer-Ranthambore-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Statue of Unity-Mumbai

Any advice on these would be appreciated. Must visit places, restaurants/eateries, etc.
Old 11th March 2023, 13:42   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Me and a friend are considering riding through Rajasthan in the 2nd half of March. Any idea wrt the weather during that period?

The route we have planned on is:
Mumbai-Mt Abu-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Ajmer-Ranthambore-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Statue of Unity-Mumbai

Any advice on these would be appreciated. Must visit places, restaurants/eateries, etc.
The weather would be hot during the days and pleasant in the evenings and night.
  • Mumbai - Abu: This is a long route to be covered. Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Palanpur - Abu Road - Mount Abu. The weather in Abu should be pleasant. Try not to visit Abu on a weekend as you will find it crowded and hotels unnecessarily expensive. Find a good eatery and try the famous 'Abu Rabri'. It is really good.
  • Abu - Jaisalmer: I see that you have Jodhpur in your plan. The better route to Jaisalmer is via Jodhpur. But there is an alternate route too - via Dhanera - Barmer. Take that but travel during daylight. Barmer to Jaisalmer is a breeze. This route has very few eateries. You can plan your journey to have lunch at hotel Kaushal International just after Sanchore.
    There is plenty to do in Jaisalmer, but don't miss Bhatia Sweet shop in the heart of the city. Try Ghotua - a local delicacy.
  • Jaisalmer - Jodhpur: Breeze to drive. Try Gypsy Dining hall in Sardarpura, Jodhpur.
  • Jodhpur - Ajmer: Again, roads are good. There are small eateries all through, but not all are good. Try stopping near Kishangarh for food.
  • Ajmer - Ranthambore: Roads are good again. Book your safari in advance. Food at Anuraga Palace is very good.
  • Ranthambore - Chittaur - Udaipur: Good Roads again.
  • Udaipur - SOU: Go via Vadodara and have lunch or food at Vadodara itself. Very few options on the way to SOU from Vadodara. There is a food court at SOU that serves everything - though I found it to be expensive. Weather here will be hot to very hot.
  • SOU - Mumbai: Go via Rajpipla, Ankleshwar. Google maps shows a state highway but that can get crowded.
acquillew is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 20:05   #715

Can you suggest Good and decent hotels in Mt. Abu for family trip.
Old 12th March 2023, 08:09   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_RedDevils10 View Post
Can you suggest Good and decent hotels in Mt. Abu for family trip.
Hotel Silver Oak, near Nakki lake. Has good rooms and very good food. Close to main attractions and eateries.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 20:43   #717
BHPian

Thanks for responding and the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
The weather would be hot during the days and pleasant in the evenings and night.
I'm already wary of the weather but circumstances are such, can't help. Would have really loved to do this trip in Nov end - Dec.

Since its been a while since I last posted, there have been some change in plans.

We've decided on Mumbai-Palanpur-Mt Abu-Jodhpur-Bikaner-Jaipur-Chittorgarh-SOU-Mumbai

Palanpur would be a halt. Next day visit Mt Abu, check some spots out and move onto Jodhpur. Will be there at Jodhpur and Jaipur for 2 days each considering the number of places to check out. This would be a 9 day trip start to end. Any tips and advice on this would be appreciated.
Old 14th March 2023, 12:48   #718
BHPian

Quote:

We've decided on Mumbai-Palanpur-Mt Abu-Jodhpur-Bikaner-Jaipur-Chittorgarh-SOU-Mumbai

Palanpur would be a halt. Next day visit Mt Abu, check some spots out and move onto Jodhpur. Will be there at Jodhpur and Jaipur for 2 days each considering the number of places to check out. This would be a 9 day trip start to end. Any tips and advice on this would be appreciated.
I would say don't halt at Palanpur. Palanpur to Abu isnt a very long drive and on a good day, you should reach Abu in about 90 minutes from Palanpur. Avoid going through Abu Road Town. On NH 27, continue till you cross Abu Road and at Satovan park, take left on to SH49. Drive straight and you will skip all the hustle bustle of the town and reach the foothills of the Mount Abu ghats.

Jodhpur - Bikaner: Good roads throughout. Most of the stretch remains traffic free but watch out for stray cattle on the roads. There are plenty. I was in Bikaner recently (end of December) and stayed at an AirBnB - Desert Sun Homestay hosted by Manvendra Singh. Gem of a guy to stay with. He was a tourist guide but the pandemic forced him to open up his house for BnB. He is very knowledgable and helped us with our sightseeing around the city. The food cooked by his mom is amazing and you would't get that kinda food in the entire city. It is a little away (3-4 km) from the main attractions (near the Jodhpur Bypass road).

Bikaner - Jaipur: Few eateries on road again, but good roads throughout. I travel to Jaipur often and prefer staying at Welcomeheritage Traditional Haveli. Very good place and has decent food. It is near the Collectorate Circle and hence has plenty of eating joints nearby. If you are into Chats, Samosas etc., try Prajeet Chat Bhandar in Chandpole bazar. Plenty of varieties and also good taste.

Cheers!

Last edited by acquillew : 14th March 2023 at 12:50. Reason: typo
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 21:21   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
I would say don't halt at Palanpur. Palanpur to Abu isnt a very long drive and on a good day, you should reach Abu in about 90 minutes from Palanpur.
The problem is we'd be riding from North Mumbai, starting post 5am. It takes 12 hours to Palanpur, 13 for Abu Road. Considering any unusual traffic or stops causing delays, and also that we'd be a bit tired by the end, we want to avoid riding post sunset. Plus I can't find proper, decent budget hotels at Abu Road, considering it's just a pit stop and we leave early next morning. Would have gone straight to Mt Abu if were going by car.

Quote:
I was in Bikaner recently (end of December) and stayed at an AirBnB - Desert Sun Homestay hosted by Manvendra Singh. Gem of a guy to stay with.
Looked it up. This is definitely where we'd be halting. Thanks a lot for this recommendation.

Quote:
It is near the Collectorate Circle and hence has plenty of eating joints nearby. If you are into Chats, Samosas etc., try Prajeet Chat Bhandar in Chandpole bazar. Plenty of varieties and also good taste.
Will try booking a place in this area. Thanks a lot for all the suggestions.
Old 15th March 2023, 12:08   #720
BHPian

Quote:
The problem is we'd be riding from North Mumbai, starting post 5am. It takes 12 hours to Palanpur, 13 for Abu Road. Considering any unusual traffic or stops causing delays, and also that we'd be a bit tired by the end, we want to avoid riding post sunset. Plus I can't find proper, decent budget hotels at Abu Road, considering it's just a pit stop and we leave early next morning. Would have gone straight to Mt Abu if were going by car.
North Mumbai to Abu Road is definitely doable with a 5 am start. My dad and I have done this on separate occasions. With summer approaching, you should be able to reach before sunset.

I would encourage you to check this hotel (Srijan Inn) at Abu Road. We have stayed twice here, and found it really good for overnight stay. its right on the highway, clean & spacious rooms and good food. I know of few other BHPians who stay here as well on their drives, and had got it as a reco from one of them.

About Bikaner, one place i'll highly recommend is the Gajner Palace. Would recommend a night's stay or atleast a dinner there, and enjoy sunset drinks.
Its 15 kms outside of Bikaner, but is a gem of a location. You might have seen this property in many movies too. Not saying the food is out of this world, but its the ambience and location which is quite a charm in the desert areas.

For Jodhpur, the city is love for food, history & walks. Tough to go wrong with food choices anywhere, but some like Gypsy Restaurant, Janta for Mirchi Vada & Pyaaz Kachori have been favorites for long. The zipline at the fort was quite fun when I did it few years back. Hoping its still there.

Enjoy and have fun!
VT-RNS is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks