Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 01:02   #586
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepapa View Post
Gentlemen,

1. KA to RJ Interstate routes - BLR-HYD-NAG-BHO-JAI (also working with HVK Sir to fine tune this, may be Nagpur-Jhansi-Tonk)
2. RJ Intrastate routes - Within RJ
3. RJ to WB Interstate routes - Covering Lucknow & Varanasi

Any help with regards to the road conditions for the planned sectors will be very helpful. Also, if you could suggest some budget hotels based on your experience would be of immense help. Thanks!
Why do you have to take the Agra route to Lucknow from Chittorgarh? Shivpuri - Jhansi is more logical, I suppose.
Old 15th January 2021, 17:35   #587
BHPian

Planning to do a drive to Rajasthan from Mangalore from 20th Feb, 2021.
My route will be : Mangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Jaipur - Udaipur

Can someone suggest good places to stay at these locations in Rajasthan as we are travelling with a 3 year old kid.
Old 17th January 2021, 08:43   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptraveller View Post
My route will be : Mangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Jaipur - Udaipur

Can someone suggest good places to stay at these locations in Rajasthan as we are travelling with a 3 year old kid.
Last week, I stayed not in Ahmedabad but in Gandhinagar. It was in Hotel City Inn, very close to the highway to Udaipur. Payed around 4000 inr. Was a good place. You get basement parking too, not at all crowded. It is about 7 kms away from the famed Akshardham temple.

In Udaipur, I stayed for four nights last week. This was in Lords Inn. Payed 2500 inr, inclusive of taxes and breakfast. This turned out to be a good choice, much better than City Inn of Gandhinagar, and a great deal. I booked the rooms after reaching the places.

The Lords Inn is on your right as soon as you leave the highway and enter Udaipur. You have ample parking. The hotel is all a family one.

I kept my car parked at the hotel, and preferred uber taxi-s to go and visit places in Udaipur. The city has narrow roads when you go to the city palace etc, and these roads are broken. The taxi takes you there for just 100 inr. If you take your own car, parking at city palace alone will cost you 350 inr plus headache...

But, if you need lake-facing room, you need to look for other options. This hotel is in a relaxed area of the city.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 17th January 2021 at 08:45.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 19:48   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When we did the trip, we did exactly the same route that you planning on, we stayed at the following places.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...an-m800-6.html (From"Aadab & Bagunnava" Land to Land of "Khammaghani"(Hyd to Rajasthan by M800))

Jaisalmer: Suryagarh https://www.suryagarh.com/
Jodhpur: Taj Hari Mahal
Jaipur: Four Points Sheraton, Tonk Road https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...r-city-square/
Udaipur: Trident, Udaipur & Leela Udaipur
Ahmedabad: Country Inn Suites
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 23:15   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
In Udaipur, I stayed for four nights last week. This was in Lords Inn. Payed 2500 inr, inclusive of taxes and breakfast. This turned out to be a good choice, much better than City Inn of Gandhinagar, and a great deal. I booked the rooms after reaching the places.e alone will cost you 350 inr plus headache....
Thank you very much for these hotels. I have planned to stay at Lords Inn considering it works out better at Udaipur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
When we did the trip, we did exactly the same route that you planning on, we stayed at the following places.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...an-m800-6.html (From"Aadab & Bagunnava" Land to Land of "Khammaghani"(Hyd to Rajasthan by M800))

Jaisalmer: Suryagarh https://www.suryagarh.com/
Jodhpur: Taj Hari Mahal
Jaipur: Four Points Sheraton, Tonk Road https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...r-city-square/
Udaipur: Trident, Udaipur & Leela Udaipur
Ahmedabad: Country Inn Suites
Thanks for responding and sharing your article with me. I have had a nice time reading your experience and it offered a great deal of insight for my upcoming trip.
Old 23rd January 2021, 23:17   #591
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

Need your valuable inputs.

Planning a road trip to Jaisalmer from my hometown in Punjab (Mansa).

I was wondering if someone can provide any sort of guidance on which route should I take and what are the road conditions. I would prefer to take national highways (4 lane) even if increases the travel time a bit.

And any guidance on places to visit/best hotels?
Old 25th January 2021, 06:12   #592
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Udaipur: Many Many options here across comfort lines. If you are looking at budget options you can also look at the Fern chain. When we had been to Gujrat some years back I remembered this chain and looked for them. I did find them in Udaipur and it turned out to be a very good option. Food also was very good.

Ahmedabad: Again many many options. Just pick and chose based on your purse.

Jaisalmer: You may see inflated pricing thanks to tourist season. Apart from what Ranjit mentioned Mariott is very nice. There is also Rang Mahal.

Jodhpur has a nice Marriott business hotel close to airport right opposite the new high court
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 11:57   #593
BHPian

New Delhi - Ranthambore Route

Friends,

I am planning a road trip from New Delhi to Ranthambore. Can someone please guide me on the best route and road conditions? Looking at the distance, I would prefer sedan as it will be more comfortable, but if the road condition is not good, then will have to pick up SUV.
I would request if one of my friend can help me please.
Old 29th January 2021, 20:42   #594
BHPian

Re: New Delhi - Ranthambore Route

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Friends,

I am planning a road trip from New Delhi to Ranthambore. Can someone please guide me on the best route and road conditions? Looking at the distance, I would prefer sedan as it will be more comfortable, but if the road condition is not good, then will have to pick up SUV.
I would request if one of my friend can help me please.
Hi Collbareilly,
Roads are generally good in this part of the country. Though i did this trip a year back, the conditions should be the same. One really bad section () was there which was under 4 lane work, about 30 odd kms, which should have got completed and better now. Otherwise the route is good. I went in an Octy and the roads are good for a sedan.

Sharing the link of my update, in this same thread,for your reference:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4497132 (Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries)
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 19:25   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Udaipur: Many Many options here across comfort lines.
Thank you Ampere for the suggestions. Noted.

Hi All, how safe is the highways between Karnataka and Rajasthan and inside Rajasthan considering there are road blocks happening/planned in various places opposing farm laws? I'm wondering if I can still continue with my plan of travelling to Rajasthan from Karnataka on 20th Feb.

Your responses are much appreciated.
Old 8th February 2021, 20:18   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
inside Rajasthan considering there are road blocks happening/planned in various places opposing farm laws
Nothing in Rajasthan except Free Tolls in some place Roads are overall best in the country or at least in North India. You can do 1000 Km in a day in Rajasthan without a sweat.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 06:12   #597

Good morning guys
Some urgent suggestions. Been driving from Goa and reached Jodhpur via Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Udaipur.

Driving to Amritsar today and leaving in a bit. Please suggest the best road to travel. Prefer good highways rather than small state roads.

Got jacked when we missed the highway somewhere between Udaipur and Jodhpur and lost time due to the smaller roads.

Please advise and thank you.
Old 21st February 2021, 09:27   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriansarita View Post
Good morning guys

Driving to Amritsar today and leaving in a bit. Please suggest the best road to travel.
I guess by the time you read this reply, you might have already crossed the Nagaur junction. I travelled to Jaisalmer last week and covered two entirely different routes.
What I can suggest you now is that for Punjab leg of your journey. Go via
Hanumangarh-Sangaria-Dabwali-Bhatinda-Faridkot-Amritsar

Road is really good in that stretch and you can easily do 80-100.
rohitsharma359 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 20:04   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post
I guess by the time you read this reply, you might have already crossed the Nagaur junction. I travelled to Jaisalmer last week and covered two entirely different routes.
What I can suggest you now is that for Punjab leg of your journey. Go via
Hanumangarh-Sangaria-Dabwali-Bhatinda-Faridkot-Amritsar

Road is really good in that stretch and you can easily do 80-100.
You are absolutely right. I am already in Amritsar. The roads from Jodhpur all the way till Amritsar were excellent. Started at 6.45 and reached exactly 12 hours later at our hotel. Thanks for your help.
Old 28th February 2021, 09:27   #600
BHPian

Did a trip to Rajasthan recently from Mumbai. Have to agree that Roads in Rajasthan were simply fab and you would love driving your car over there. In Rajasthan you could easily do an additional 20-30 kms every hour. Makes a world of difference over long travel.

Mumbai - Udaipur (Distance 739 kms Drive Time - 11 hrs 50 mins)
Took the Mumbai - Vadodara - Godhra - Modasa - Udaipur route. Route till Vadodara is the standard route. Once you take the right from Vadodara towards Godhra, the roads are under construction so progress here will be slow in some stretches and you’ll find the occasional pothole. On entering Rajasthan the roads are mostly completed - proper 3 lane each sides and butter smooth.

Udaipur - Jodhpur (Distance 310 kms Drive Time 4 hrs 30 mins)
Now here you have 2 options - through Nathdwara (250 kms) and through Siroli (310 kms) but the time taken was almost similar. The route through Nathdwara was only 5-10 mins quicker. So decided to enjoy the extra 60 kms through the Siroli route and it turned out to be a good decision.

Jodhpur - Jaisalmer (Distance 268 kms Drive Time - No way !!! )
Insanely well kept. Well i could say this has to be the autobahn of India. You’ll handsomely beat the google maps time here. I beat the time hands down.

Jaisalmer - Ahmedabad (Distance 579 kms Drive Time 9 hrs 30 mins)
Excellent roads in Rajasthan. You’ll face a bad 20 kms stretch once you're near Sanchore. Lot of construction going on in the Gujarat stretch and hence you'll find a lot of diversions / Stoppages. Road from Palanpur is under widening at many places and hence will slow down your avg speed. Took 4 hrs to do 1/2 the distance and 5 1/2 hrs to do the remaining 1/2

Ahmedabad - Mumbai - Std route. widely covered
nick.cs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks