Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:36   #691
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
Thank you so much for the insight sir ! Since you've been on the stretch, do these plans look okay ? I am travelling with 4 senior citizens so I'm gonna have to take stops.

DELHI TO UDAIPUR STRETCH : Delhi - Jaipur Bypass - Ajmer Bypass - Bhilwara Bypass - Rajsamand - Nathdwara - Udaipur

UDAIPUR TO VADODRA STRETCH : Udaipur - Kherwara - Samalaji - Modasa Bypass - Godhra - Halol - Vadodara

This is definitely doable, but I would suggest start early on both days. You will cover a lot of ground when the traffic is less.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 16:36   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for the insight sir ! Since you've been on the stretch, do these plans look okay ? I am travelling with 4 senior citizens so I'm gonna have to take stops.

DELHI TO UDAIPUR STRETCH : Delhi - Jaipur Bypass - Ajmer Bypass - Bhilwara Bypass - Rajsamand - Nathdwara - Udaipur

UDAIPUR TO VADODRA STRETCH : Udaipur - Kherwara - Samalaji - Modasa Bypass - Godhra - Halol - Vadodara

Delhi to Udaipur is definitely doable. Did it sometime back. Started around 7 am from Gurgaon and reached Udaipur by 5.30 pm. Two breaks for Breakfast and Lunch at dhabhas and two additional bio breaks at petrol pumps. 9 hrs of drive time and 10.30 hrs of total time. Can easily average 70-75 km/hr and good enough to reach Udaipur by 6-7 pm even with additional breaks or at slightly lower average speeds.
Old 7th December 2022, 22:48   #693
BHPian

Hi, We will be travelling from Amritsar to Jaisalmer on 2 Jan 2023. We plan to halt at bikaner on 2nd and reach jaisalmer on 3rd.

We will be 6 in total: me and my wife, 2 kids, my father and mother.
I need assistance for hotel booking at Bikaner.
Kindly suggest some good hotel to stay for 1 night.

It will be helpful if the hotel is close to Bikaner - Jaisalmer highway.

Awaiting a quick response.
Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 01:10   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinpune View Post
Dear BHPians,

We are two couples with a kid each in tow. We have planned a trip to Ahmedabad + Udaipur from 26th Dec to 1st Jan

DAY 1 - Landing in Ahmedabad 26th Monday Evening.
DAY 2 - 27th Tuesday Day trip to the Statue of Unity
DAY 3 - 28th Wednesday
- Leave for Udaipur in the Morning
- Evening Udaipur Bagore ki Haveli and evening Cultural Performance
DAY 4 - 29th Thursday
- Udaipur Palace and local sightseeing ( Saheliyon-ki-bari, Car Museum, Wax Museum)

DAY 5 - TBD

DAY 6 - 31st Saturday Evening - Catchup with family based in Ahmedabad/Shopping

DAY 7 - 1st Sunday Return flight from Ahmedabad in the afternoon.

We have hired an Innova Crysta for the road drive. Here are the remaining things we want to do, but we can't do all of them and need your input.

- Ranakpur or Dilwara Jain Temple
- Kumbalgarh
- Mahara Pratap Museum at Haldighati
- Sun Temple at Modhera

Need some input from the community on what would be the best course here. If we want to retire on Day 5 in Ahmedabad, we will have to choose between Kumbalgarh and Sun Temple. If we stay the night of Day 5 in Udaipur, we may be able to do both Kumbalgarh and Sun Temple.

Looking forward to your input.
Hi,

On the 28th Wednesday, since you are leaving in the morning then you in will reach Udaipur at 3 pm ( approx 6 hr drive from Ahmedabad). So in the evening show starts at 7 pm in bagore ki haveli after that you can see ambrai ghat, gangour ghat.

On 29th - visit the city palace and skip saheliyo ki Badi and the car- wax museum (nothing great to see there just a regular garden), instead plan to visit the world's famous Jagmandir which is situated at the center of lake Pichola(entrance is same for city palace and jag mandir) and plan to take lunch there( food is mouth-watering there). Then enjoy your evening at Fateh Sagar lake. The best lake in Udaipur.

On the 30th- you can visit Sajjangarh ( a fort which is situated on top of the mountain inside a city) and there is also a very nice biological park in Sajjan Garh after that you can visit badi lake.

Don't skip Kumbhalgarh, this is the best place to see near Udaipur and you can also see haldighati along the way.
Ranakpur is an average destination in comparison to kumbhalgarh.
All the places I have mentioned are very special visit all of them.

Quote:
Hello fellow Bhpians

I'll be doing a road trip from New Delhi to Goa with 4 senior citizens starting Dec 1. The plan is to do it in four parts -
  1. Delhi to Udaipur
  2. Udaipur to Vadodra (attending a wedding)
  3. Vadodra to Mumbai (seeing family)
  4. Mumbai to Goa

Since I am the only driver, I've chosen to drive mostly during the day. While the other stretches are good, I need any info that I can get on the Delhi-Udaipur stretch.

A few friends who've recently done Jaipur and Ajmer trips tell me that the highway, atleast until Jaipur isn't that great anymore and there's a lot of pothole, roadbumps, uneven patch dodging that I should be ready for.

Anybody been on the stretch recently ? Any alternate routes ? Any specific places to avoid ?

Deepesh
Jaipur to Ajmer stretch is not good because of road construction work so it consumes a lot of energy and time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
I did this stretch 2 weeks back, Jaipur to Mumbai in a single day, took me 16 hours.

Till Vadodara it's fairly ok. I took Modasa - Godhra route. Road is 90% good, the bypasses are in a mess. Expect fair amount of traffic during regular hours. Very limited food joints, no tolls!

Vadoara - Mumbai is a nightmare. The highway is in shambles between Vadodara and Surat. Heavy car traffic as well. So would suggest start early morning if possible. Once in MH the road is better with few bad patches.

Mumbai - Goa, I have always taken via Pune.

I would have suggested you route via MP (Bhilwara - Neemuch - Ratlam - Indore - Dhule - Pune - GOA), but given you have to be in Vadodara there isn't much choice.
True, I do Udaipur to surat trip every month, and from my experience, Vadodara to Mumbai highway can be easily awarded as the " most dangerous highway in India" with sudden 3-lane roads changing to 2 lane bridge, etc.
Last year I was traveling in my Benz with family both my left tires went into a deep pothole which resulted in an alloy crack with a tire burst, even I saw i20s, alto, or swift which have more sidewall with tire bursts.
Specially worst stretch is near Bharuch which has lots of traffic be it autorickshaws, 2-wheelers, trucks, or daily commuters. The average speed on the 6-lane highway is never above 55 to 60 kmph.
The best way to avoid this traffic is to pass this stretch before 6 pm from my personal experience.

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th December 2022 at 01:45. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 8th December 2022, 12:38   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hi, We will be travelling from Amritsar to Jaisalmer on 2 Jan 2023. We plan to halt at bikaner on 2nd and reach jaisalmer on 3rd.

We will be 6 in total: me and my wife, 2 kids, my father and mother.
I need assistance for hotel booking at Bikaner.
Kindly suggest some good hotel to stay for 1 night.

It will be helpful if the hotel is close to Bikaner - Jaisalmer highway.

Awaiting a quick response.
Thanks
Any help regarding the above query?
Old 8th December 2022, 14:17   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Any help regarding the above query?
My favorite place is The heritage hotel at Gajner Palace. Its 15 kms out of Bikaner, but on the way to Jaisalmer.
You might have seen this property in some movies/shows too.
Have a look, I think its totally worth staying a night and enjoy the views of the lake/greenery, esp at dusk! Good food at the restaurant too

Here is the link on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/39SW4xyHyxqicjEd9
VT-RNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 18:15   #697
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.

I plan to visit Jaisalmer and Jodhpur in Jan'2023 (5-6 days between 2-9 January). I would like to visit the following places:

* Gurgaon - Jaisalmer (with optional stay at Bikaner to break the long journey)
* Tanot, BP609, Longewala, Sam (not in any particular order)
* Jaisalmer - Jodhpur
* Jodhpur
* Jodhpur - Gurgaon

Please suggest itinerary, route and hotels.

Thanks.
Old 25th December 2022, 03:46   #698
BHPian

How is the road condition between Gurgaon and Udaipur if you take the Kishangarh route?
Old 28th December 2022, 07:57   #699
BHPian

Hi all. Any suggestions for kumbhalgadh to nasik via Indore ? Which route is safe and good? Starting from kumbhalgadh in the afternoon and planning to take a break on the way for the night. Thanks.
Old 28th December 2022, 14:47   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi friends.

I plan to visit Jaisalmer and Jodhpur in Jan'2023 (5-6 days between 2-9 January). I would like to visit the following places:

* Gurgaon - Jaisalmer (with optional stay at Bikaner to break the long journey)
* Tanot, BP609, Longewala, Sam (not in any particular order)
* Jaisalmer - Jodhpur
* Jodhpur
* Jodhpur - Gurgaon

Please suggest itinerary, route and hotels.

Thanks.
Had been to RJ this Nov and below are my inputs:

1. Jodhpur - You can stay at Lords Inn. A decent hotel and accessible from highway side. Have food at Indiq restaurant near the GhantaGhar

2. Jodhpur-Jaisalmer road is single lane but the quality of the road is too good. Also since it crosses through only handful of villages, there is very less traffic on this route. I took SH11 (Jodhpur-Balesar-Dechu-Pokhran-Jaisalmer)

3. Jaisalmer - I had a stay at Desert Spring resort in Sam village. Again, Jaisalmer to Sam road is good and the resort is very clean and family friendly. Jaisalmer - Tanot - Longwala road is epic. One of the best as far as road quality, however, there are patches of undulations which you have to be careful of.

Overall roads in RJ are one of the best available in India but you have to be careful of cattle roaming around freely.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 17:46   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Had been to RJ this Nov and below are my inputs:
Thank you. This is very useful information about roads, routes and Sam Village & Jodhpur hotels, .

Can you (or someone else) suggest me a similar budget (4k-6k) hotel in Jaisalmer city and Jaipur please?
Old 28th December 2022, 17:54   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Thank you. This is very useful information about roads, routes and Sam Village & Jodhpur hotels, .

Can you (or someone else) suggest me a similar budget (4k-6k) hotel in Jaisalmer city and Jaipur please?
Check hotel Oasis.. Its on Jaisalmer - Badmer road while entering Jaisalmer. For desert stay, there are many options on MakeMyTrip etc
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 19:21   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Hi all. Any suggestions for kumbhalgadh to nasik via Indore ? Which route is safe and good? Starting from kumbhalgadh in the afternoon and planning to take a break on the way for the night. Thanks.
Kumbhalgarh-Nimbahera-Neemuch-Ratlam-Dhule-Malegaon-Nashik.

Balaji Central at Ratlam or Shagun at Sendhwa are options for night stay.With an afternoon start from Kumbhalgarh,Ratlam would be ideal in my opinion,around 6-7 hour drive.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 09:15   #704
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. Plan changed slightly. Chittaurgarh visit was decided all of a sudden. Now decided to go via Ratlam. Will check out hotels you suggested. Thanks again.
indigo74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 02:06   #705
BHPian

Update- started from Chittaurgarh at about 1300 hrs. Reached Nasik at 0145 hrs. Via Nimuch- Ratlam - Badnavar-Sendhva-Dhulia. All cities now bypassed , barring few spots, road is 4 laned and quite good.
indigo74 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks