Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 01:27   #631
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ish View Post
I came to Delhi from Mumbai a few days ago. I plan to return to Mumbai on Feb 24.

I want to know how safe is Delhi-Jaipur highway stretch during night-time.

The Jaipur-Delhi side of the highway is in a bad shape in terms of road condition and traffic. Is the road bad on Delhi-Jaipur side as well?

What about safety bit? I plan to leave Delhi at around 2 am in order to reach Jaipur by 6 am.
Hi Ish, the Delhi-Jaipur side of the highway is comparatively much better than the one on the other side of the divider.

It is a highway with good traffic round the clock & pretty much safe with buses & cars plying on it at odd hours safely. You’ll also find Dhabas & Eateries open all night long.

After you cross Behror, stick to the right-most lane while travelling at night as at some places & on some bridges, the 3rd lane disappears & it can take a new traveller off-guard at night. Follow this tip till you cross the Jaipur Byepass & reach the Ajmer expressway, no such issue there. By then, the sun would’ve also risen.

So, you may go ahead & plan your travel without any apprehensions.

Last edited by ScorpioYadav : 15th February 2022 at 01:34. Reason: Structuring
ScorpioYadav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 02:03   #632
BHPian

Quote:
What about safety bit? I plan to leave Delhi at around 2 am in order to reach Jaipur by 6 am. By this time there will be sunrise or thereabout which will help me do Jaipur-Udaipur stretch at ease.

I want to reach Vadodara by evening 6-7 pm. This is why I want to leave Delhi at 2 am. Hence asking you if Delhi-Jaipur highway is safe at night. Please help a guy!
If you have choice then better to avoid night driving on Jaipur-Delhi highway. Most part of the highway does not have white-lines so the visibility will be very-very poor in the night. Road construction quality is also poor with lot of uneven surfaces. If you still have to drive in the night then keep your speeds below 80 and be prepared for any surprise turns or sudden loss of lanes. Even during day times, you may encounter cops with speeds guns near Jaipur who catch cars going above 80 km/hr which is the max speed limit marked on the highway.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 15th February 2022 at 02:04.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 09:40   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, need your help please.

I came to Delhi from Mumbai a few days ago. I plan to return to Mumbai on Feb 24.

I want to know how safe is Delhi-Jaipur highway stretch during night-time.

The Jaipur-Delhi side of the highway is in a bad shape in terms of road condition and traffic. Is the road bad on Delhi-Jaipur side as well?

What about safety bit? I plan to leave Delhi at around 2 am in order to reach Jaipur by 6 am. By this time there will be sunrise or thereabout which will help me do Jaipur-Udaipur stretch at ease.

I want to reach Vadodara by evening 6-7 pm. This is why I want to leave Delhi at 2 am. Hence asking you if Delhi-Jaipur highway is safe at night. Please help a guy!
No issues. When I travel to Gujarat / Mumbai, I always leave by 3 AM. There is a fair bit of truck traffic, but no safety issues per se.
Old 16th February 2022, 15:01   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsingh70 View Post
Hi BHPians,

I am planning a Roadtrip to Jaiselmer from Mumbai. Following is the tentative itenary considering no driving at night time.

Day From To Kms Night stay
1 Mumbai Vadodara 411 1
2,3,4 Vadodara Udaipur 343 3
5,6 Udaipur Pushkar 277 2
7,8,9 Pushkar Jaiselmer 454 3
10,11 Jaiselmer Jodhpur 280 2
12 Jodhpur Ahmedabad 440 1
13 Ahmedabad Mumbai 505 0

Aim is to have no rush trip with ample rest and sight seeing.

Need your valuble inputs on road to be taken , Safety considerations , Stay recommendations and also is it needed to prebook hotels before or ok to reach and search for the stay.

Thank you in advance.
Hi, did you undertake this trip? I am planning to follow a similar itinerary in March and hence wanted to know the road conditions.
Old 16th February 2022, 15:05   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
Hi, did you undertake this trip? I am planning to follow a similar itinerary in March and hence wanted to know the road conditions.
Road condition is generally excellent - some uneven surfaces and traffic in Haryana. Also possibility of snarls post Bharuch. Basically road is excellent except for near Mumbai and Delhi.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 15:21   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
Road conditions across Rajasthan are generally excellent.

You might want to do a slight change in the itinerary to avoid retracing routes.

Thane-Ahmedabad: 8-9 hrs
Ahmedabad-Jaisalmer-10-11hrs
Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-5hrs
Jodhpur-Pushkar/Ajmer- 5 hrs
Pushkar-Jaipur-3hrs
Jaipur-Udaipur (via Nasirabad-Chittor): 8hrs
Udaipur-Vadodara: 7hrs
Vadodara-Thane : 8hrs
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 07:14   #637

Hi BHPians,

I am planning a trip from Mumbai to Rajasthan in March. I am planning to cover Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Jaipur. My itinerary is as follows.

1. Mumbai - Ahmedabad
2. Ahmedabad - Jaisalmer
3. Jaisalmer - Jodhpur
4. Jodhpur - Jaipur
5. Jaipur - Udaipur (Just for overnight break)
6. Udaipur - Vadodara
7. Vadodara to Mumbai

I wanted to know how is the travel leg from Ahmedabad to Jaisalmer. From some of the reviews I have read, the stretch seems to be deserted. Are there any safety concerns in this leg. Also, any suggestions / updates on the road conditions would be welcome.

Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 19:05   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandvkt View Post
Hi BHPians,

I am planning a trip from Mumbai to Rajasthan in March. I am planning to cover Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Jaipur. My itinerary is as follows.

1. Mumbai - Ahmedabad
2. Ahmedabad - Jaisalmer
3. Jaisalmer - Jodhpur
4. Jodhpur - Jaipur
5. Jaipur - Udaipur (Just for overnight break)
6. Udaipur - Vadodara
7. Vadodara to Mumbai

I wanted to know how is the travel leg from Ahmedabad to Jaisalmer. From some of the reviews I have read, the stretch seems to be deserted. Are there any safety concerns in this leg. Also, any suggestions / updates on the road conditions would be welcome.

Thanks
Ghodbunder-AMD: 8hrs
AMD-Jaisalmer: 10hrs
Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-5hrs
Jodhpur-Jaipur-7hrs
Jaipur-Udaipur-7hrs
Udaipur-Vadodara-6-7hrs

Ahmedabad Jaisalmer is a good highway,its a little isolated but no safety concerns, you would find small towns every now and then and as you reach closer to Barmer and post Barmer,you would find deserts on both sides of the road. Tank up whenever you see a good pump.If you leave Ahmedabad after breakfast you should be at Barmer for lunch and early evening at Jaisalmer.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 07:11   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Ghodbunder-AMD: 8hrs
AMD-Jaisalmer: 10hrs
Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-5hrs
Jodhpur-Jaipur-7hrs
Jaipur-Udaipur-7hrs
Udaipur-Vadodara-6-7hrs
Thanks ranjitp1 for your inputs. Will follow this. Just one more query. I am traveling to Jaisalmer during the Holi period. Is it safe to do a road travel since I have heard stories of the villagers creating trouble to passengers.
anandvkt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 13:00   #640
Senior - BHPian

I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Ranthambore next week and is lookin for some Urgent help and advise

Plan is below

Day 1: Bangalore - Solapur (accommodation is booked)

Day 2 Solapur - Manpur, had to cancel my earlier booking. Need to find a good family place urgently on the Solapur - Ranthambore highway, preference it to break after 10 to 12 hours.

Day 3 - Proceed to Ranthambore, visit Chittorgarh on the way. Hoping this drive to take 12 to 14 hours including Chittorgarh visit.

1. My highest priority at the moment is to find Day 2 accommodation

2. Suggestions on route after Solapur, my drive is a Fortuner and road condition can be compromised to a certain extent

Thanks in advance

Last edited by gadadhar : 24th February 2022 at 13:01.
Old 24th February 2022, 15:31   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandvkt View Post
Thanks ranjitp1 for your inputs. Will follow this. Just one more query. I am traveling to Jaisalmer during the Holi period. Is it safe to do a road travel since I have heard stories of the villagers creating trouble to passengers.
There are no problems as such,just ensure to have your windows rolled up as you cross towns or else you might find some balloon or colour flying into the car (which is rare but not impossible).Once while driving to Manali,we had that experience at Mandi and I had no time to react and so ended up saying Holi Hein and moved on!

We did a circuit,many years ago, similar to the one you have planned.You can find the details here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...than-m800.html (From"Aadab & Bagunnava" Land to Land of "Khammaghani"(Hyd to Rajasthan by M800))
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 07:10   #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
There are no problems as such,just ensure to have your windows rolled up as you cross towns or else you might find some balloon or colour flying into the car (which is rare but not impossible).Once while driving to Manali,we had that experience at Mandi and I had no time to react and so ended up saying Holi Hein and moved on!

We did a circuit,many years ago, similar to the one you have planned.You can find the details here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...than-m800.html (From"Aadab & Bagunnava" Land to Land of "Khammaghani"(Hyd to Rajasthan by M800))
Thanks a lot ranjitp1 for the guidance and the wonderful post about your trip. Will update you once i am through with mine.
Old 10th March 2022, 19:27   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Ranthambore next week and is lookin for some Urgent help and advise
Would you mind sharing updates from your trip, if you made it? Going by your itinerary, you would have taken the following route:

Bangalore - Chitradurga - Solapur - Aurangabad - Dhule - Manpur - Ratlam - Neemuch - Chittorgarh.
Old 14th March 2022, 15:47   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Would you mind sharing updates from your trip, if you made it? Going by your itinerary, you would have taken the following route:

Bangalore - Chitradurga - Solapur - Aurangabad - Dhule - Manpur - Ratlam - Neemuch - Chittorgarh.

That's exactly the route we followed except for we didn't enter Aurangabad and also managed few hours to visit Gol Gumbaz. Our night stops were at Kolapur and Ratlam and reached Ranthambore on Day evening after visiting Chittorgarh fort.

From Ranthambore (2 nights), it was Jaipur (3 nights), Jodhpur, Khimsar, Udaipur, Silvasa, Mumbai, Kolapur (1 Night in all places) and then Bangalore covering 5050 Kms

I would love to put a detailed travelogue, but that might take more time. Please let me know if you need any other details
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 17:23   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our night stops were at Kolapur and Ratlam and reached Ranthambore on Day evening after visiting Chittorgarh fort.
I guess you mean Solapur, right?

Quote:
Please let me know if you need any other details
I am specifically looking for updates on road conditions for following sections:
  • Bangalore - Aurangabad
  • Aurangabad - Dhule
  • Dhule - Ratlam
  • Ratlam - Neemuch

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks