Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2021, 19:38   #616

Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Hi BHPians,

I am planning a Roadtrip to Jaiselmer from Mumbai. Following is the tentative itenary considering no driving at night time.

Day From To Kms Night stay
1 Mumbai Vadodara 411 1
2,3,4 Vadodara Udaipur 343 3
5,6 Udaipur Pushkar 277 2
7,8,9 Pushkar Jaiselmer 454 3
10,11 Jaiselmer Jodhpur 280 2
12 Jodhpur Ahmedabad 440 1
13 Ahmedabad Mumbai 505 0

Aim is to have no rush trip with ample rest and sight seeing.

Need your valuble inputs on road to be taken , Safety considerations , Stay recommendations and also is it needed to prebook hotels before or ok to reach and search for the stay.

Thank you in advance.
dsingh70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 09:04   #617
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsingh70 View Post
Hi BHPians,

I am planning a Roadtrip to Jaiselmer from Mumbai. Following is the tentative itenary considering no driving at night time.

Day From To Kms Night stay
1 Mumbai Vadodara 411 1
2,3,4 Vadodara Udaipur 343 3
5,6 Udaipur Pushkar 277 2
7,8,9 Pushkar Jaiselmer 454 3
10,11 Jaiselmer Jodhpur 280 2
12 Jodhpur Ahmedabad 440 1
13 Ahmedabad Mumbai 505 0

Aim is to have no rush trip with ample rest and sight seeing.

Need your valuble inputs on road to be taken , Safety considerations , Stay recommendations and also is it needed to prebook hotels before or ok to reach and search for the stay.

Thank you in advance.

If this is being planned for next month then please book in advance.

Some recommendations from my side:
- Udaipur: Lakend, Justa Rajputana, hilltop. If you want airbnb you can try the cavalry or zade house.
- Jaisalmer: If you are staying in camps at pushkar, you can avoid staying in Sam. Others may have a different opinion on this. Most hotels in Jaisalmer have tie up with camps in Sam. Last year we stayed at first fusion gate, bang opposite Jaisalmer fort and spent a evening at damodar camps - cultural event, camel ride, thar ride etc.
The other option you can consider is Rawalkot. Also, keep on mind hotels near or inside Jaisalmer fort will not serve non-vegetarian food. Some may serve food without onion, garlic.
- Jodhpur: Indiana palace

Do not, under any circumstances, drive at night in Rajasthan. Thanks and have a safe trip.
sinharishi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 15:14   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Hello I plan to do Pune - Ahmedabad- Palanpur- Barmer- Jaisalmer- Longevala- Jaislamer- Bikaner- Jodhpur- Ahmedabad-Pune trip in max 9 days.

Please give suggestions on routes.
Please give places to visit, especially temples and famous religious places.

I have a senior citizen with me so let me know places to avoid where it requires lot of walking.
Thanks
Completed the route in 7 days. Rajasthan Roads are excellent. If you want to visit Pakistan border you get permit only at Tanot and not at Longewala.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:52   #619
BHPian

Guys, I'm planning a trip to Rajasthan from Solapur on 22nd Nov. My first stop will be Chittorgarh and then Udaipur, Jodhpur in coming days. I'll start the return journey on 25th, planning to get back by 26th. Which route should I take? I'd like to avoid 2 lane roads and no driving after 9 PM. There's a possibility that my sister alone would make this trip ( my leaves situation is dicey) so the safety aspect also needs to be looked into.
Old 6th December 2021, 21:14   #620
Team-BHP Support

Update on Delhi - Jaipur between 3-6 Dec 2021.

Delhi to Jaipur took us 5 hours of driving time when starting on Friday 1430 hours. The traffic was heavy almost throughout. Heavy vehicles are not as well behaved as in the other parts of the country and occupy all lanes, sometimes even simultaneously. Road condition is average. Took a small tea break about 1.5 hours before Jaipur.

The road quality on the return leg is definitely better and the drive is, therefore, faster.

Farmer protest is ongoing at the Rajasthan-Haryana border although it is not as heavy as the Sindhu border. Adds about 10 mins of waiting time to the journey, each side. Waiting there for your turn to pass should be preferred to a detour option that google maps suggested.
Old 9th December 2021, 14:40   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Do not, under any circumstances, drive at night in Rajasthan.
Mind elaborating on this, please?
Old 16th December 2021, 20:47   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Do not, under any circumstances, drive at night in Rajasthan. Thanks and have a safe trip.
I would also like to know in details. I am having a plan to start at midnight from Gurgaon to Jaishalmer on 22rd Dec/ 24th December. In that case I would search for other alternative destination.
Old 16th December 2021, 22:03   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Mind elaborating on this, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I would also like to know in details. I am having a plan to start at midnight from Gurgaon to Jaishalmer on 22rd Dec/ 24th December. In that case I would search for other alternative destination.
I have been attacked between Udaipur and Rishabdev on one of my Bom Del trips. It was 730pm in the evening, an object came flying by and then a bike chase. I was with my family, since then I never drive in RJ post sunset (except between Ajmer-Delhi).
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 22:13   #624
BHPian

Quote:
I have been attacked between Udaipur and Rishabdev on one of my Bom Del trips. It was 730pm in the evening, an object came flying by and then a bike chase. I was with my family, since then I never drive in RJ post sunset (except between Ajmer-Delhi).
Okay, something similar happened with me near Jodhpur last year. I took the right cut near Jadan, before reaching Pali (from Gurgaon side). It was almost empty road and two bikers and their gang did some kind of trick, forced to stop my car and attacked. I could understand their intentions and somehow could turn back the car and escape. It was about 4 pm. I thought it was a stray incident.

Hence I would avoid any planned road travel after sundown in Rajasthan.
RijuC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 10:39   #625
BHPian

Any intel on where and how to procure the permit for BP609?
Old 20th December 2021, 21:42   #626
Senior - BHPian

Would it be foolhardy to do Barmer - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Ranthambore around end-March/early-April? Would it be intolerably hot? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by cool_dube : 20th December 2021 at 21:44.
Old 21st December 2021, 00:19   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Would it be foolhardy to do Barmer - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Ranthambore around end-March/early-April? Would it be intolerably hot? Thanks in advance.
It would be really hot in Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Barmer. If your main motive to visit Ranthambhore is to sight a Tiger then March end/April start is a good time to visit. Udaipur also will be hot but not as hot as Jaisalmer.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 15:07   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Udaipur & Ranthambore will be fine. Jodhpur also doable but i wont recommend Barmer & Jaisalmer
MissionManali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 21:37   #629
BHPian

I'm planning a trip to Jaipur in the second week of February.

We are 4 friends and would like to have a good self drive experience as the roads in Rajasthan are worth driving on.

I called a few rental services and their cars were very new (late 2021 models), with white plate registration. They are quoting ₹4000 for Kia Seltos top model (24hr/without fuel) and ₹7000 for New Mahindra Thar 4x4 MT

I'm a bit skeptical for paying them in advance without knowing if the service is legitimate or not so can someone please tell me which ones are the best private self drive options, as we'd like to have a nice top model vehicle in good condition?
Old 14th February 2022, 23:04   #630
BHPian

Hey guys, need your help please.

I came to Delhi from Mumbai a few days ago. I plan to return to Mumbai on Feb 24.

I want to know how safe is Delhi-Jaipur highway stretch during night-time.

The Jaipur-Delhi side of the highway is in a bad shape in terms of road condition and traffic. Is the road bad on Delhi-Jaipur side as well?

What about safety bit? I plan to leave Delhi at around 2 am in order to reach Jaipur by 6 am. By this time there will be sunrise or thereabout which will help me do Jaipur-Udaipur stretch at ease.

I want to reach Vadodara by evening 6-7 pm. This is why I want to leave Delhi at 2 am. Hence asking you if Delhi-Jaipur highway is safe at night. Please help a guy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks