Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2023, 18:59   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_RedDevils10 View Post
Can you suggest Good and decent hotels in Mt. Abu for family trip.
I stayed at Hotel Royal Palace. Nice clean rooms but 2 KMs from Nakki lake. This hotel has nice parking lot and given scooters are available on rent, it turned out good given many hotels near Nakki lake dont have parking available
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 14:49   #722
BHPian

Which is the best route from Dhule to Ferozpur via Kishangarh?
Any suggestion for a budget stay in Ajmer or Kishangarh? Only safety and cleanliness counts.
Old 21st August 2023, 10:31   #723
BHPian

Advice Needed for Rajasthan Trip : Pune - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Pune

Mods: I didn't receive any response on my query on other thread, hence posting here for wider reach and response. If you think this is not OK, please can you move the post from other thread to this thread. Thanks.

Hello,

Planning a road trip (Pune Jaisalmer Jodhpur and back via Ahmedabad) and need advice as detailed out in this post (Rajasthan Trip Pune - Ahmedabad -Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Ahmedabad - Pune). Sincerely appreciate your response.

Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 00:19   #724

I am planning a road trip on a motorcycle to Rajasthan in December 2023.

My plan is as given below:
Day 1 - Mumbai to Ahmedabad (outskirts)
Day 2 - Reach Dholavira
Day 3 - Stay at Dholavira and sightseeing
Day 4 - Travel to Barmer. Visit Nadabet border on the way.
Day 5 - Visit Kiradu temples and Devaka Sun Temple at Barmer and travel to Khuri via Munabao. Plan to reach in late afternoon. (Would appreciate inputs on this part)
Day 6 - stay at Khuri (Longewala and Tanot Mata Mandir, Desert camping etc)
Day 7 - Leave Khuri for Jaisalmer city. Stay in Jaisalmer city
Day 8 - Stay in Jaisalmer city
Day 9 - Travel to Jodhpur
Day 10 - Stay at Jodhpur
Day 11 - Travel to Kumbhalgarh. Visit Ranakpur temple on the way. Visit Kumbhalgarh fort and spend the night there.
Day 12 - Travel to Udaipur
Day 13 - Stay at Udaipur
Day 14 - Stay at Udaipur
Day 15 - Stay at Udaipur
Day 16 - Travel to Vadodara. Spend the night
Day 17 - Travel to Mumbai.

I would like to know best routes. I especially would appreciate some advice on the route to Munabao. I am planning to do Barmer - Munabao - Sundra - Khuri. I want to know would it be safe for a solo motorcyclist and whether any permit is needed for that route. Also, let me know if any route is too long since I am not someone who likes night rides especially because I am going solo.

I would also appreciate feedback about the itinerary and any suggestions from the community.
Old 26th September 2023, 16:24   #725

Dear TeamBHPians,
I plan to take a road trip with my XUV700 in the first week of December a Sunday to Sunday Trip in Rajasthan from Navi Mumbai.
I am only interested in driving not more than 10 hours per day to enjoy road views and take small halts on the way for memories.

I will be traveling with my wife, so driving during the day is a safe bet.
I am only interested in driving my personal vehicle on highways and use local transport options with a local guide to explore local culture and places to visit without worrying about parking spaces.

Here is my plan
Day 1: Navi Mumbai to Halol (Night Stay at Halol) - Please suggest a good hotel for overnight Stay
Day 2: Halol- Udaipur (Stay at ParasMahal) depending on occupancy - Please suggest whether driving XUV700 for local sightseeing makes sense or
Day 2: Udaipur Sight Seeing hire any cab service (The price of local sightseeing will help)
Day 3: Udaipur to Jaipur Drive
(Please suggest a good hotel to stay in with better vehicle parking to avoid local traffic jams)
I can hire local autos or a guide considering the internally congested roads of Jaipur - Pricing of the city tour will help
Day 4: Jaipur Sight Seeing
Day 5: Please suggest whether to opt for the Udaipur- Halol-Mumbai route again or if there is a better option to explore for an additional 4-day stay with a good hotel for an overnight stay on the way back to Mumbai.
Old 26th September 2023, 17:33   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIKETMH007 View Post
Here is my plan

Udaipur (Stay at ParasMahal) depending on occupancy - Please suggest whether driving XUV700 for local sightseeing makes sense or
Day 2: Udaipur Sight Seeing hire any cab service (The price of local sightseeing will help)

Jaipur: (Please suggest a good hotel to stay in with better vehicle parking to avoid local traffic jams). I can hire local autos or a guide considering the internally congested roads of Jaipur - Pricing of the city tour will help.
Answering a part of your queries based on my experience:
1. Udaipur- Udaipur is best explored either via own car or a rental 2 wheeler which is so much fun. The city of Udaipur is safe to drive and explore, be it car or a bike. The only challenge is to not drive your car towards lake pichola (city palace/ Jagdish temple area). You wont find parking there. I drove down to Udaipur and it was very comfortable drive throughout the city. The same cant be said about Jaipur in which traffic is mad and can give a scratch or two.

2. Jaipur: I drove there just last year (2014 and 2017 before that). I have a habit of selecting a hotel near Jal Mahal as one can find ample parking there and its located outside Jaipur so you can visit the three forts (Amer, Jaigarh and Nahargarh) without needing to go through Jaipur traffic repeatedly. Jal Mahal can be enjoyed too at the rooftop of the hotels.

Hawa Mahal can be visited in a cab during day time and you can drive there too during night time when the real beauty of Hawa Mahal can be witnessed once it lits up.

Regarding Jaipur hotels, if you want to stay within the city, check out Umaid Bhawan Heritage hotel in which you can enjoy the local Rajasthani touch. I had stayed there in 2016 @4500INR/night and it gave a fantastic RJ experience. Else you can choose from a variety of hotels inside the city such as Park Prime, Radisson etc. depending upon your budget.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 26th September 2023 at 17:38.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 20:43   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIKETMH007 View Post

Here is my plan
Day 1: Navi Mumbai to Halol (Night Stay at Halol) - Please suggest a good hotel for overnight Stay
Day 2: Halol- Udaipur (Stay at ParasMahal) depending on occupancy - Please suggest whether driving XUV700 for local sightseeing makes sense or
Day 3: Udaipur to Jaipur Drive
(Please suggest a good hotel to stay in with better vehicle parking to avoid local traffic jams)
I can hire local autos or a guide considering the internally congested roads of Jaipur - Pricing of the city tour will help
Day 4: Jaipur Sight Seeing
Day 5: Please suggest whether to opt for the Udaipur- Halol-Mumbai route again or if there is a better option to explore for an additional 4-day stay with a good hotel for an overnight stay on the way back to Mumbai.

Any reason to stay at Halol? I drove from Mumbai to Delhi last week, with an overnight halt at Udaipur. Took Ahmedabad route and it is in top shape. It took me 11.5 hrs from Mumbai to Udaipur.

Day-2: So you plan to drive and explore Udaipur on the same day? I would say you won't be doing any justice to the place. The lakes, the mahals, shopping will require 2 days.

Jaipur: All places have reserved parking, you should be driving around. Amer fort with a guide, Nahargarh - for Jaipur city view, Jal Mahal, Haha Mahal, Chowki Dhaani, shopping at Pink city should be enough for one day. You can try red meat (laal mass) at Handi, MI Road.

5-days from Mumbai to Udaipur/Jaipur + sightseeing by road is not going to be enough to explore both the places. I suggest either extend or take a flight.

Jaipur to Mumbai: NH48-Bhilwara-Rajasmand-Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Vadodra Bypass-NH48 to Mumbai. You can read about my updates here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5630971 (Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries)

Hotels @ Jaipur: Based on my experience - Golden Tulip, Holiday Inn or Casa Bella something. We have done tons of trips to Jaipur same day return from NCR.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 13:14   #728
BHPian

Just Checking for an advise.

would be driving from ahmedabad to delhi in a week. need a suggestions for a good hotel near jaipur. i would be travelling to udaipur first and then onwards to jaipur and then Delhi.

Would prefer something on the Udaipur Jaipur Route and avoid Jaipur City traffic. the Jaipur site seeing is via hired cab. So something with easy connectivity to the Delhi highway would be perfect

Last edited by nairanupg : 27th September 2023 at 13:15.
Old 28th September 2023, 11:47   #729
BHPian

Hi,

We will be driving from Indore to Jaisalmer in third week of October.

We plan to start early morning from Indore in a 4wd Fortuner and try reach Jaisalmer by mid night. we are a group of 4 adults (including two drivers) and a kid

Google Maps is suggesting two routes: One is via Udaipur while the second is via Jodhpur

Can the members suggest which one is better route?

We also plan to do some dune bashing in Jaisalmer in own car but plan to hire a local guy who can help with recovery - in case the need arises. any contacts for the same will also be helpful.

Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 22:15   #730
BHPian

Hi All,

I am travelling to Rajasthan in the third week of October and will be there till 31 October. I recently read that there is elections scheduled in Rajasthan in the third week of November.

Wanted to know if it is safe to travel considering the amount of checking and also do we need to worry about our private vehicle being requisitioned for election duty ?
Old 10th October 2023, 23:03   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
Google Maps is suggesting two routes: One is via Udaipur while the second is via Jodhpur
Can the members suggest which one is better route?
When I searched the route between Indore and Jaisalmer, I see an option via Ahmadabad and another via Udaipur-Jodhpur. See photo attached below.

I have lived in Jodhpur from 2017 till 2020 and have driven from Jodhpur to Udaipur. The road is beautiful except for some small parts that were not silky smooth. The road between Jodhpur and Jaisalmer is said to be excellent and is considered as a must experience road trip.

Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries-img_7288.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Wanted to know if it is safe to travel considering the amount of checking and also do we need to worry about our private vehicle being requisitioned for election duty ?
I have been checked during election days in various states (Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan) and have never faced harrassment. Usually, such checking for cash etc is videographed as well so chances of harrassment are low.

It is safe to travel during election days, and police towards the southern Rajasthan has better manners and etiquette compared to the one near Alwar and Bharatpur districts (North Rajasthan) that lack any sense on how to talk with decency. Have been stopped during night time checking thrice in Alwar district and they are just plain stupid and rude in this part of the state.

Private vehicles are not requisitioned for duties in this part of the country (PB, HR, RJ, UK). The day Rajasthan police starts harrassing tourists, it will be the end of a large income for the state.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 00:58   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

It is safe to travel during election days, and police towards the southern Rajasthan has better manners and etiquette compared to the one near Alwar and Bharatpur districts (North Rajasthan) that lack any sense on how to talk with decency. Have been stopped during night time checking thrice in Alwar district and they are just plain stupid and rude in this part of the state.

Private vehicles are not requisitioned for duties in this part of the country (PB, HR, RJ, UK). The day Rajasthan police starts harrassing tourists, it will be the end of a large income for the state.
Hi Sir,

Thank you for the clarification, it is only my friend and I, both guys travelling. Hence my doubt, I will be travelling in the route - Ahmedabad -> Udaipur -> Jodhpur -> Munabao -> Jaisalmer -> Pokhran -> Ajmer -> Jaipur -> Kota -> Bhopal.

Now my mind is a but at peace, next need to check regarding the same query for MP and TS.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 13:44   #733

Hello fellow members,

I am planning for a Rajasthan road trip starting from 21st Oct for 2 weeks. The itinerary is as follows: Jaipur-Bikaner-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Kumbalgarh-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Ajmer-Jaipur.

While I have figured out most of the stay options and places to visit in each city, wanted to check with the members if there are any suggestions on below points:

1. Any routes to avoid
2. Any places that can be covered while travelling between the cities, which are really good and should not be missed.
3. Food options on the above routes, specially breakfast, since most of the travelling will be done in the morning-noon time slot.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Old 29th October 2023, 11:43   #734
BHPian

Jodhpur Ahmedabad Route query

Fellow BHPians, Need some advice. I plan to drive down from Jodhpur to Ahmedabad (onwards to Vadodara and finally to Pune) in the month of November.

I am seeing that following route is fastest:
Route 1: Jodhpur - Sumerpur - Sirohi - Abu Road - Palanpur - Mehsana - Ahmedabad

But sometimes Google also shows one route through
Route 2 Jodhpur - Sumerpur - Sirohi - Abu Road - Ambaji - Himatnagar - Ahmedabad

I suppose I should stick to Route 1? If yes, any recommendations for good restaurants (with clean washrooms)? And are there any trusted Petrol Bunks along the way?

Thanks in advance
Old 30th October 2023, 15:56   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
When I searched the route between Indore and Jaisalmer, I see an option via Ahmadabad and another via Udaipur-Jodhpur. See photo attached below.

I have lived in Jodhpur from 2017 till 2020 and have driven from Jodhpur to Udaipur. The road is beautiful except for some small parts that were not silky smooth. The road between Jodhpur and Jaisalmer is said to be excellent and is considered as a must experience road trip.

We did Indore to Jaisalmer about 10 days back. Unfortunately, i didn't read this before and took the Ahmedabad route. The road becomes patchy before Barner and there is absolutely nothing between Barner and Jaisalmer.

I will advise people to use the alternative route as suggested earlier here.

Last edited by Sheel : 30th October 2023 at 17:02. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
channelv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks