Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 10:21   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honeymoon in this Corona-World!

This is the best travel query I have ever read on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
We met in high school and like all teenage innocent love - decided to marry when we grow up!- A decision that would go on to test our love, education, Jobs, cultural difference, ethnicity, long-distance, and finally our Health!
Congrats on marrying your childhood sweetheart! The two of you are very lucky. God bless.

- For maximum safety, live in a bungalow / Airbnb. With your 4-star / 5-star hotel budget, you will get exceptional places.

- Definitely self-drive everywhere in Goa.

- Avoid the crowds as much as possible when there. If you must visit restaurants, go to the smaller / family-run ones.

- Personally, I would live in South Goa because I find it more charming + romantic + has less crowds + many virgin beaches. And there are a couple of places to party too.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 11:41   #17
BHPian

Even we wanted to have a beach vacation so looked at Maldives and Goa for the last week of December. Maldives was working out to be 300k for 4 nights with flights. So booked Goa at Taj Exotica for 3 nights for 62k.
casnov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 11:43   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your future as family.

Most knowledgeable Bhpians have given their gyan on places to stay and do in Goa, being a foodie I'll touch upon this.

1. Konkani kanteen, Panjim, seafood is to die for, just get their thali, which has practically every thing, under 300 a thali, do reach early or you stand in queue for your turn.
2. Lila cafe, Calangute-Anjuna, owned by a passionate senior German couple, breakfast has a good range, must try English breakfast, sausage, and water buffalo ham all made in-house.
3. Anand restaurant, Mapusa, for seafood, haven't tried but highly recommended.
4. Spice garden (forgot location, in South Goa), ticket includes a sumptuous seafood lunch.

San Andre for Red Wxxx, Double 77 for Kaju Fxxx, try it.

Download Goamiles for transport.

I've a couple of known drivers in Goa, PM me if you want to use them.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 6th December 2020 at 12:10.
Vinod_nair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! Assuming the location (/Goa) is already decided and non-negotiable, I'd suggest hotels that are nicely secluded and not in the middle of touristy areas. Goa sees the maximum tourist traffic in Dec - Jan period - even in these Corona times, you will see hoards of people across the city.

Unless seclusion is not what you guys are hoping for, the following places should be a no-no for stay
- Baga
- Calungate
- Candolim
- Panjim (city)
- Dona Paula
- Colva
and a few more. All the "fancy" tourist options here can be still availed any of the evenings - you don't really need to stay there.

Go extreme north or go south. That would be my suggestion.

Agoda and Anjuna in the north have nice places tucked in corners - for example, refer to this place shared by @anandB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Probably already well known but their rooms and location is probably the best for me in Goa nearby beautiful Agonda beach. We went there from Agonda for anniversary dinner 3 years back and have definitely marked it as our stay next visit.

The Cape Goa
https://www.thecapegoa.com/
If you are ready to splurge a bit more, Palolem and Agonda in the south have some really fantastic options that would give international locations a run for their money.

Edit: With regards to self-driving, every tom-d***-harry in Goa will provide you with options for car and bike rentals, most of them are safe and generally sorted for rental purpose. Finalize your stay place and ask them for rental options - the prices would be most the same +/- 20% depending on where you source it from.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 6th December 2020 at 13:15.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 19:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Would request the communities' highly valued suggestions :

1) Which Area to Stay?
My fiance wants to stay close to the 'Action/tourist/party & clubbing' areas.

2) Which Property to Stay?
Safety and Leisure is our main Focus. So, we have decided to stick to 4 & 5-star properties. Would love to have suggestions on the good properties to stay. Would love to stay in a Honeymoon/Leisure focussed property.

3) How to commute in GOA?
Should we go for self-drive rentals? Where can we find them? Any Particular Rental Shop/Agency Suggestions?

4) Not to miss Restaurants?
We are a big Foodie and love seafood. Please suggest some must-have seafood restaurants.

5) Sea Excursions?
We would love to have a diving, underwater experience, or long boat rides. Are there any such Excursion possibilities there?

6) Must visit places for Honeymooners
Last but not the least, which places in GOA Honeymooners should definitely pay a visit.

Thank You for going through my story and queries. Looking forward to your suggestions.
Congratulations and best wishes for your life together

Based on my travel to Goa (on work) last month, my advice is as follows:

Area to Stay - Since the lady wants to be near the "action", North Goa is where you should head for. However be warned - the action isn't anywhere near the levels of pre-Covid days. Very few shacks have opened up this year, and some of the nightclubs have commenced operations but the crowd isn't much. It maybe a good idea anyhow to avoid the clubbing circuit, to be on the safe side.

Stay - As honeymooners, I would recommend the Taj Holiday Village, Candolim and located not too far from the 'action', THV is a good option. Alternatively, you could consider some of the premium villas which have become popular due to the Covid situation.

Commute - If you are comfortable with self-drive, you will come across quite a few service providers with some of them giving you options to pick up and drop the vehicle at the airport in Dabolim. Pre-book before your trip.

Hope the above helps. Have fun, and once again - best wishes for a happily married life.
Jammy70 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 01:02   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolHead_1609 View Post
Let me start by congratulating you, also in the world full of casual dating, I'm glad to see that you guys sticked around for so long and to top it, in a long distance relationship.
Thank You for the kind wishes. Yes, it was challenging but now we definitely feel blessed and thankful to God, family, and well-wishers.
Will be keeping a firm eye on your GOA updates. A happy and safe vacation to you and loved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congratulations to the both of you!

If you wish to stay in 4/5* properties, I guess you'd have to choose the hotel, than the area. There's ITC Grand Goa, Azaya, Caravela, Marriott Spa & Resort just to name a few. Given the evolving Covid situation, you never know how the party scene will be. But if you stay in 5*, they will have their own NYE parties (if the Govt. is allowing them).
I guess! just what my parents are saying. will have to stop overthinking now!

Thank You, We have almost finalized Mariott Spa & Resort now as it's in the Candolim area (have researched and been suggested that the area is near the main tourists' hub and near to good beaches/cafes/party areas) plus they supposedly are taking good COVID related precautions.

Yes, a very valid point you made. I will be booking flexi flights and hotel reservations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is the best travel query I have ever read on Team-BHP.

Congrats on marrying your childhood sweetheart! The two of you are very lucky. God bless.
Thanks a lot for the warm wishes GTO. Extremely humbled that you find my travel query good!

Yes, I will be taking the utmost precautions while we sightsee and indulge in good food.

Self-drive rental is now part of the plan after suggestions from fellow dear members. I am really looking forward to renting a self-drive Thar hopefully in Goa, seen quite a few vlogs where people have rented one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
1. Konkani kanteen, Panjim, seafood is to die for, just get their thali, which has practically every thing, under 300 a thali, do reach early or you stand in queue for your turn.
Thank You.

Your list of restaurants is just what I was sincerely hoping for. Nothing beats first-hand experiences and who better than us Bhpians in reviews - food/cars/anything Thanks a ton.
Both of us are big-time foodies and will be utilizing your list for sure.

Really appreciate your information on drivers. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Congratulations! Assuming the location (/Goa) is already decided and non-negotiable, I'd suggest hotels that are nicely secluded and not in the middle of touristy areas. Goa sees the maximum tourist traffic in Dec - Jan period - even in these Corona times, you will see hoards of people across the city.
Thank You The shared resort - The Cape Goa looks extremely inviting albeit it's in South Goa and working out to be quite far from interest points.

I will be taking the points you suggested like North of Goa into consideration.
Have narrowed down to Hilton Resorts and Spa & Taj Holiday village in Candolim area as of now.

Mod Note : Please quote only the relevant bits of a post.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th December 2020 at 11:19. Reason: Mod note attached.
AMG1 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 08:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Just book the Taj Aguada and hire a car. This will meet all your needs!
2000rpm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 09:16   #23
BHPian

Oh man its like reading my own story . i am getting married in a week's time and i tested positive in September. We were also classmates and after a long struggle when the family finally agreed they decided to get us married during a pandemic.

Now we are also confused about how to plan our honeymoon as these are not normal times.. Now i will keenly watch this thread to seek advice
apache_aayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 09:23   #24
BHPian

Stay somewhere near Baga/Anjuna. You can search for Bella Antilia, Bella Aries , Bella Corona on AirbnB. I have stayed at this property. U will have a splendid ambience + a big private pool at your disposal. Anjuna is barely 10 min drive. Breakfast is complimentary. We had Lunch and dinner always outside.
I must say that pics hardly do justice to this place . The real thing is way better.
Heart_Revs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 09:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, I am getting married to my dream on 26th December.
Congratulations to both of you. I've too had a similar journey for 5 long years and will be celebrating our first anniversary on Dec 26 . Wishing you a wonderful life.
Raul258 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Would request the communities' highly valued suggestions
1) Which Area to Stay?
- North Goa is where the action is. Any 3/4/5 star rated property around Calangute/Baga beach would do just fine

2) Which Property to Stay?
- Would solicit advice from other BHPians, since I've not stayed in that area.

3) How to commute in GOA?
- Plenty of rental car/bike options available. Pick one as per the distances. You can tie up in your resort itself.

4) Not to miss Restaurants?
- Kandeel, Margao
- Kokni Kanteen, Panaji
- Anand restaurant, Panaji
- The Fisherman's wharf, Panaji/Cavelossim
- O Coqueiro, Bardez

5) Sea Excursions?
- Watersports are available at Calangute/Baga, boat rides available at Anjuna beach.

6) Must visit places for Honeymooners
- Chapora fort
- Fort Aguada
- Dudhsagar waterfalls
- Oyster light house, Karwar (50 Km south of Goa, hire a speed boat from Rabindranath Tagore beach, will cost you around 4500 Rs).
- Gokarna beach (110 Km south of Goa, but one of the best beaches in India). Good roads also. But if you're driving a rental car, check if they're valid in Karnataka.
superbad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:48   #27
BHPian

@apache_aayush : Congratulations! Hope you have recovered well and doing good now.

Last edited by AMG1 : 7th December 2020 at 11:51.
AMG1 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Try this in Goa. They are currently open with all precautions.

https://www.thecapegoa.com/

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 7th December 2020 at 12:04.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 13:02   #29

Quote:
We met in high school and like all teenage innocent love - decided to marry when we grow up!- our families decided to marry us off in 2020!
AMG1,
My man it was exceptionally heartening to read about your story. It said with reason, love eventually prevails. I for sure am smiling after reading your post.

My heartiest congratulations to you country cousin [Im from Bareilly] and I wish you and your lady love a very happy married life together.

God bless

Ps. First trip together, a decade of distance in the past, honeymoon as well... My advice would be to choose one of the nice resorts that suit your budget and just take it easy. Check out goa on your next trip there.

Pps. Stay safe brother and hope you are fully recovered.
vm27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 14:01   #30
BHPian

Quote:
We met in high school and like all teenage innocent love - decided to marry when we grow up!- A decision that would go on to test our love, education, Jobs, cultural difference, ethnicity, long-distance, and finally our Health!
Many Congratulations!!! Wish you a very happy Married life ahead.

I just returned from Goa, and I was there for a 2 week workcation. Here are some things that I have observed.

1. I stayed at South Goa for a week. Majorda. It was there because I wanted to avoid the crowd because of COVID. Turns out I was the only one there. And that kind of made it very boring. So you may avoid the south. Even all the good places in Panjim are closed. So was LPK and Cabana.

2. You can go clubbing at clubs such as SINQ. But then again one of the biggest shock that I had seen over there was that absolutely no one is wearing a mask and the place is crowded as usual. It is definitely risky.

3. Baga and Calangute beaches are absolutely crowded, but less than the usual, still I would suggest avoid shacks at GOA at these spots.

4. I would suggest, you stick to the North to places such as Candolim, Vagator, Anjuna, Arambol etc. Skip the South, it will be very boring. Stick to star hotels only because only they seem to be taking the right precautions.

P.S. I got amazing deals on Airbnb because of the lesser number of people visiting.
frewper is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks