Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2021, 02:26   #376

Re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Sir, is Covid double vaccination certificate enough to enter Karnataka and Maharashtra ? Or RTPCR negative is meede ?
The doctor on duty when I entered Karnataka asked for just vaccination certificates of adult travelers, no RTPCR negative report was asked.

There was no COVID screening while entering Maharashtra, at least not on Dec 10. I don't know if the protocols have changed by now.
Old 5th October 2022, 01:03   #377

To all our folks who would want to get an update on Hyd-Mumbai-Hyd route. I did not come across any posts from 2022 hence posting the latest updates on the road condition.

Did a recent trip in mid september 2022 from Hyd-Mumbai-Hyd.

Apart from the Omerga, Naldurg stretch upto Solapur, the entire journey is a breeze. Approx 15-20KM stretch before Omrega and upto Naldurg the roads are a pain. From Naldurg to Solapur the road is patchy and you hardly can feel any traction! Experienced folks can take your call on speed and maneuvering but for beginners or folks who do not have much experience strictly maintain speed below 80kmph! Solapur to Mumbai all the way is a breeze. Be careful at Talegoan plaza (Pune-Mumbai) I did come across fellow BHPians warning about the scams. Its damn true! Go closer to the sensor and stop for fastags to work. If they insist on paying up just say you don't have cash. They will eventually give up.

Started at 12:30PM from Hyderabad and halted at Pune at a friend’s place for a stop over! Reached Pune by 8ish. Was pouring cats and dogs once I crossed Solapur. Had to reduce my speed.

Way back from Mumbai, I started about 6:20AM and reached Hyderabad by 4:30PM with a single stop after crossing Pune for breakfast (approx 40min). The road especially Solapur-to-Naldurg-Omerga is a pain!

I am an aggressive driver and I did this trip in my T-Roc! It can easily manage the Naldurg to Solapur but the Omerga stretch is just a nightmare! I wonder if there is even a road and why is it even called a NH!

Happy driving folks!

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th March 2024 at 22:12. Reason: More typos and grammar.
Old 28th November 2022, 15:42   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelyogi View Post
To all our folks who would want to get an update on Hyd-Mumbai-Hyd route. I did not come across any posts from 2022 hence posting the latest updates on the road condition.

Did a recent trip in mid september 2022 from Hyd-Mumbai-Hyd

Apart from the Omerga, Naldurg stretch upto Solapur, the entire journey is a breeze. approx 15-20KM stretch before Omrega and upto naldurg the roads are a pain. From Naldurg to solapur the road is patchy and you hardly can feel any traction! Experienced folks can take your call on speed and maneuvering but for beginners or folks who do not have much experience strictly maintain speed below 80kmph! Solapur to mumbai all the way is a breeze. Be careful at Talegoan plaza (Pune-Mumbai) i did come across fellow bhpians warning about the scams. its damn true! Go closer to the sensor and stop for fastags to work. if they insist on paying up just say you don't have cash. they will eventually give up.

Started at 12:30PM from Hyderabad and halted at Pune at a friends place for a stop over! Reached Pune by 8ishh. Was pouring cats and dogs once i crossed Solapur. Had to reduce my speed.

Way back from Mumbai, i started about 6:20AM and reached Hyderabad by 4:30PM with a single stop after crossing Pune for breakfast (approx 40min). The road especially Solapur-to-Naldurg-Omerga is a pain!

I am an aggressive driver and i did this trip in my t-roc! it can easily manage the Naldurg to Solapur but the Omerga stretch is just a nightmare! I wonder if there is even a road and why is it even called a NH!

Happy driving folks!
Hi Travel Yogi,

You do mention the Solapur to Bom route, is it proper NH with a median and of good quality?

I need to do a Chennai Bom run, and I usually pick the Maa, Blr, Kohlapur route but thought will do this for a change.

On this stretch there is not one bad patch of road but the Hubli Belgaum stretch of 40 km is a nightmare as it is one lane each side no median.

How long are these bad stretches you speak about? Do you have good break (clean food and toilets) options on this route? Also are there Shell pumps on this route
Old 5th December 2022, 21:18   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
How long are these bad stretches you speak about? Do you have good break (clean food and toilets) options on this route?
I recently (early November) did this route for my Mum-Hyd-Mum road trip. The vast majority of the highway, NH65, is in great condition except for the 40 or so odd kilometers in Omerga and Naldurg. This stretch of the highway is stuck in time, no development at all - elevated roads/flyovers left midway in their construction with diversions all around. The Naldurg stretch with slight inclines/dips, about 20 KMs, has undivided roads. Otherwise the entire stretch has proper divided carriageways.

Regarding food on the way - after you cross Telangana, your only decent options are in Solapur and Indapur. In Solapur there are some very good traditional Maharashtrian outlets like Preeti Dining Hall, restaurants in Balaji Sarovar Premier hotel, etc. Indapur has got some good dhabas like Deshpande Veg, etc. And needless to say, once you enter Pune, you are in one of the food heavens.

Regards,
DJ
Old 24th December 2022, 16:40   #380
BHPian

Hello, I would be traveling from Mumbai to JLR Bidar (3-4 hours before Hyderabad) . Am planning to take an overnight stop-over half way. Request recommendations for the same. Most likely it would be at Solapur, going by the earlier posts. Balaji Sarovar is one name which has been recommended but would want to have options. This will be with family of 4 including two kids.

I plan to start journey around 6am latest from Mumbai so as to reach Solapur or nearby by say 6pm or so. Will be following Google maps. Appreciate tips on petrol pumps (Shell at Pune?) and clean washrooms en-route. And of course, local sight seeing time permitting.

Thanks so much!!
Old 25th December 2022, 09:46   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackr View Post
...Am planning to take an overnight stop-over half way. Request recommendations for the same. Most likely it would be at Solapur...
Solapur would be a nice place for a stop-over. Balaji Sarovar Premier would be my first preference for an overnight stay, nice hotel with good facilities. If Balaji Sarovar is not available then try Kyriad, they also have a decent restaurant - it is right off the highway, so getting off and on to the highway would be a breeze.

As I mentioned in my above post there are quite a few good options for eating out in Solapur - Balaji Sarovar has three good restaurants (also open to people not staying at the hotel). There are nice options on Hotgi road. Preeti Dining Hall is an excellent no-frills option for some great, authentic Maharashtrian food.
metalheadnomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 20:58   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadnomad View Post
...As I mentioned in my above post there are quite a few good options for eating out in Solapur - Balaji Sarovar has three good restaurants (also open to people not staying at the hotel). There are nice options on Hotgi road. Preeti Dining Hall is an excellent no-frills option for some great, authentic Maharashtrian food.
Thank you so much metalheadnomad. I checked the chances of availability are limited at short notice these holidays so planning to drive directly to JLR. These places recommended above will surely come in useful for brunch. As now, I intend to start by 3 to 4 am from Mumbai. Google maps showed 13 hours from Mumbai to JLR Bidar but hopefully starting early will save some time. Would want to reach by 2pm, seems ambitious.

Plan is to go to Hyderabad next. For fuel/bio breaks, would you have any recommendations between Bidar and Hyderabad. It would be helpful.
krackr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 12:57   #383

Quote:
...Plan is to go to Hyderabad next. For fuel/bio breaks, would you have any recommendations between Bidar and Hyderabad. It would be helpful.
Hello krackr,

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable drive/trip.

I haven't driven to/around Bidar in a longtime. They do have good fuel stations in Zahirabad, Digwal etc. in rural Telangana - the fueling bays are spacious and some even have playpens for kids, perfect for a quick stop to have a quick bite etc. I have stuck to Bharat Petroleum pumps, they have clean washrooms and accepts credit/debit cards as well as UPI payment.

A small anecdote from my recent trip: We stopped at a BP pump in Zahirabad for a loo break, and the kids impromptu decided to have the snacks their grandma had packed in the morning. Even though we did not buy any fuel from this pump, the attenders brought out chairs and a small table from their office so that we can sit and have our food comfortably. Really heartwarming, people in Indian villages have big hearts.

Cheers,
DJ
Old 27th December 2022, 08:54   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For fuel/bio breaks, would you have any recommendations between Bidar and Hyderabad.
Food Pyramid is a good place for food and bio breaks,they are a highway foodcourt chain.

https://goo.gl/maps/zLucYNyU6Pqphh838

Having said that,Bidar to Hyderabad is a short drive.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 27th December 2022 at 08:55.
Old 31st December 2022, 08:38   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadnomad View Post
Hello krackr,

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable drive/trip...
.. Really heartwarming, people in Indian villages have big hearts.

Cheers,
DJ
Thank you indeed. People on Team BHP too have big hearts. The info has proved so useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Food Pyramid is a good place for food and bio breaks,they are a highway foodcourt chain.

https://goo.gl/maps/zLucYNyU6Pqphh838

Having said that,Bidar to Hyderabad is a short drive.
Yes, the drive was an easy one. I plan to stop at Food Pyramid on the way back from Hyderabad. Thank you!

Overall, while I refueled somewhere before Solapur, I observed that there is no dearth of fuel pumps even after Solapur towards Bidar.
krackr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 00:11   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Hi Travel Yogi,

You do mention the Solapur to Bom route, is it proper NH with a median and of good quality?

I need to do a Chennai Bom run, and I usually pick the Maa, Blr, Kohlapur route but thought will do this for a change.

On this stretch there is not one bad patch of road but the Hubli Belgaum stretch of 40 km is a nightmare as it is one lane each side no median.

How long are these bad stretches you speak about? Do you have good break (clean food and toilets) options on this route? Also are there Shell pumps on this route

My bad! I missed reverting on time! the entire stretch from solapur to mumbai all the way has a median barring few places! there were lot of dhabas with decent availability across the stretch! i dont see any concern with good food or bio breaks!
havent seen many fuel stations though!
Old 27th March 2024, 10:30   #387
BHPian

Hello - I am planning a round trip from Mumbai - Hyderabad - Goa - Mumbai in mid April. While the Mumbai Hyderabad and Goa Mumbai routes are familiar. Has anybody done the Hyderabad Goa stretch and any advise would be much appreciated?
Old 28th March 2024, 21:39   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilrs View Post
Hello - I am planning a round trip from Mumbai - Hyderabad - Goa - Mumbai in mid April. While the Mumbai Hyderabad and Goa Mumbai routes are familiar. Has anybody done the Hyderabad Goa stretch and any advise would be much appreciated?
There is no single one-stretch highway between Hyd and Goa.Hyd-Solapur-Mangalwedha- Sangole-Miraj-Kolhapur. Hyderabad-Solapur is a 4-5hr drive and then Solapur to Kolhapur is another 4-5hour drive.

From Kolhapur to Goa I believe you must be familiar thanks to your Mumbai-Goa drives. Kolhapur to Panjim is a good 5 hour drive. I would suggest, for an stress-free drive, a 5am start from Hyderabad to reach Kolhapur latest by 5pm and then stay the night at Kolhapur and then continue onwards.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th March 2024 at 22:13.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 11:52   #389
BHPian

Thank you this was very helpful. I unfortunately have had to reschedule my trip. Got a superb deal on a scuba trip to a dream destination which I was eyeing for some years and decided to grab it. Will replan the Hyd road trip now post June

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks