Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 16:32   #31

re: Pune - Nasik : Route Queries

Bumping up the thread to post recent developments on the Pune-Nashik NH50 highway.

Best update - Sangamner Bypass - Is operational now, and easily one can save upto 30 mins (or more) by taking this route. And no pains of going through the city of Sangamner.

4 lane work is going on at rapid speed and in all the corridors (nashik-sinnar, Sinnar-Sangamner, Sangamner-Narayangaon) the roads are being widened.

Found 2 excellent joints which serve awesome misal pav - Shree snacks just after Narayangaon (a bit outsirts while you go from narayangaon towards nashik) and another one is before narayangaon (before the bridge). Sorry, don't remember the name, but there's a board saying famous kolhapuri misal available here.

I went by bike and could complete the entire journey in 4 hours flat, with 20 mins break in between. Both times, started at 5 in the morning and reached at 9 o'clock.
Aditya_P is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 08:37   #32
BHPian

Any recent update of this route? Plan to take it on my route back from Indore.
Old 20th July 2017, 16:26   #33
BHPian

I had been to Nashik last month (24-25 June) from Pune. The very same day we met the Rain of the reason just few kilometers before Nashik.

The roads are too good, I could not compare it with earlier conditions as it was my first trip to Nashik. Few patches are yet to widen for 4-lane work from both the ends.

The Pune-Nashik was comfortably done in 5.5 hours with a 1 hour journey break at Vithal Kamat's restaurant next to Rajgurunagar Toll plaza. I will suggest it for Pure Veggies, good parking, nice small play area for kids including slide, see-saw, merry-go-round, etc.

Pune - Nasik : Route Queries-img_20170624_092459713.jpg

We left around 7am and reached Nashik at around 12:30 with only one stop (1 hour!) at Kamats for little breakfast and long Play time for the little one!

I was surprised with the views and weather accompanying throughout the way. There are quite many nice curvy slip roads. There are ample sign boards for everything, nice markings on roads, crossings at villeges and they all are in very good conditions at least for the time being, as they are pretty new.

This thread helped me to schedule my trip bit conservatively as majority of posts were from earlier work-in-progress time. So here is somewhat recent news on the progress.

Most probably I'll be doing it again next weekend, please let me know if anyone wants to have any particular detail of this route.

...and yes that Rd Fab is mine!
iSpoke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 11:11   #34
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am planning a trip next week to Nashik with family (kids). Kindly let me know of joints on NH60 wherein we can stop for short breaks - basically looking for joints serving veg snacks and having clean toilets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
with a 1 hour journey break at Vithal Kamat's restaurant next to Rajgurunagar Toll plaza. I will suggest it for Pure Veggies, good parking, nice small play area for kids including slide, see-saw, merry-go-round, etc.
Google Map shows Vithal Kamat on the other side of highway. Any other suggestions?
Old 29th December 2018, 12:23   #35
BHPian

Re: Pune - Nasik : Route Queries

Friends,

While going from Pune to Nashik, Vithal Kamat's restaurant is on the left. However, except for parking nothing impressed us. Toilets were not well maintained and food taste and quality was nothing to write about except being too expensive. Better to look for other alternatives.

We started at 9am and reached Nashik around 1.30pm with half an hour break in between. NH60 between Pune and Nashik is still not complete 4 lane road. Started to enjoy the drive only after Sangamner. Sinnar to Nashik road is in very good condition. Chakan to Sangamner has patches of 4 lane road.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 19:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hi Friends,

I am planning a trip next week to Nashik with family (kids). Kindly let me know of joints on NH60 wherein we can stop for short breaks - basically looking for joints serving veg snacks and having clean toilets.

Google Map shows Vithal Kamat on the other side of highway. Any other suggestions?
Hello,

I saw your query very late, nevertheless may be here is one more option you can try next time.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Da...2!4d74.1716016

I have been to this place last month only with my family and this place was fairly clean (specially toilets). I hope this helps in future or while coming back from Nashik to Pune.

Last edited by akshay386 : 29th December 2018 at 19:34.
akshay386 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 07:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Planning for Pune - Nashik (onwards to Sula Vineyards) trip next week.

Will start from Warje, Pune. And this will be first trip to Nashik.

Route as per usual suggestion?

Warje, Pune > Nashik phata > Moshi > Chakan > Rajgurunagar > Narayangaon > Sangamner > Sinnar > Nashik.

Request all to let know recent road conditions + tolls and also suggest any good places to stop by for family.
Parents will be accompanying me.
Old 12th December 2021, 12:11   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post

suggest any good places to stop by for family.
Parents will be accompanying me.
Akash Misal House and Pure Veg Restaurant, on left side of road towards Nashik immediately after end of ghat (after Rajgurunagar). Big place with sufficient parking. Nice modern interiors and ambience, good food, well maintained hygiene and nice washrooms. Seems to be managed by south indian as evident from staff and IMO way better in taste than Kamat's.

Last edited by varunswnt : 12th December 2021 at 12:16.
varunswnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 12:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Request all to let know recent road conditions.
There are quite a lot of sections which are still 2 lane. Please leave early so that you aren’t stuck in traffic. Bridge near Kadamb and Manchar is a choke point. Happy Journey
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Akash Misal House and Pure Veg Restaurant, on left side of road towards Nashik immediately after end of ghat (after Rajgurunagar). Big place with sufficient parking. Nice modern interiors and ambience, good food, well maintained hygiene and nice washrooms. Seems to be managed by south indian as evident from staff and IMO way better in taste than Kamat's.
Thanks for the suggestion
Seems like this will be just the right distance from Pune to stop for an early breakfast.

Would you know other location closer to Nashik city, to cover possible options for a secondary stop later on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
There are quite a lot of sections which are still 2 lane. Please leave early so that you aren’t stuck in traffic. Bridge near Kadamb and Manchar is a choke point. Happy Journey
Thanks for the heads-up

I couldn't locate Kadamb on GMaps, can you advise the near-about location?

Also for bridge near Manchar, is that located anywhere before the city? Can I take some alternate route if traffic is going to be a big problem?
As a reference, we intend to leave Pune around 0700 hrs (will try to leave early but with family, not sure) so might reach Manchar between 0900-0930 hrs, as per GMaps.

Also, how are the ghat sections in general on the Pune - Nashik road?
Does the above mentioned overall Pune - Nashik route in general, look ok?

Last edited by JoshMachine : 13th December 2021 at 12:53.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 13:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Would you know other location closer to Nashik city, to cover possible options for a secondary stop later on?

I couldn't locate Kadamb on GMaps, can you advise the near-about location?

Also, how are the ghat sections in general on the Pune - Nashik route?
I have not been beyond Narayangaon since last 5 years, so I won't be able to comment. But I have visited this Akash hotel as recent as last 2 weeks. You can check Google maps photos and reviews for an idea about Akash.

Kalamb is small place after Manchar town, the bridge across Ghod river near Kalamb is narrow with width of 2 Fortuners. Also there is no bypass road for Manchar adding to traffic woes. Traffic will most likely be encountered after 11am onwards on roads where bypass is missing. Ghats are more or less been bypassed with 4 lane roads.

No tolls operational near Moshi and Rajgurunagar, just drive thru toll plaza.

Last edited by varunswnt : 13th December 2021 at 13:39.
varunswnt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 21:41   #42
BHPian

Hi guys, I'm traveling to Nashik next week from my place - Baramati. Now there are two routes and I'm confused which one to take -
First one is simple - Baramati - Pune - Nashik (by the highway famous for traffic snarls)

Second one is Baramati - Shirur - Belhe - Alephata - Nashik. Now the google maps show the second one is the fastest route, but the roads till Alephata are undivided single lane roads passing through villages. Apart from the places I mentioned there's no big town /city en route.

I'll be starting very early in the morning so I don't want to take this unknown route as I'm unaware about road conditions. How much traffic will I face on the Pune Nashik highway on a weekday ? Anyway I'll be leaving Pune city before 6 am. Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 22nd December 2021, 21:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Hi guys, I'm traveling to Nashik next week from my place - Baramati. Now there are two routes and I'm confused which one to take -
First one is simple - Baramati - Pune - Nashik (by the highway famous for traffic snarls)

Second one is Baramati - Shirur - Belhe - Alephata - Nashik. Now the google maps show the second one is the fastest route, but the roads till Alephata are undivided single lane roads passing through villages. Apart from the places I mentioned there's no big town /city en route.

I'll be starting very early in the morning so I don't want to take this unknown route as I'm unaware about road conditions. How much traffic will I face on the Pune Nashik highway on a weekday ? Anyway I'll be leaving Pune city before 6 am. Any suggestions are welcome.
You can do Shirur - Belhe - Alephata - Nashik , no worries about single lane or villages, that’s frequently used by buses. Have a safe journey!
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Returned yesterday from a Pune to Nashik (Sula Vineyards) trip.

The route taken was Warje (Pune) > Nashik phata > Moshi > Chakan > Rajgurunagar > Peth > Manchar > Kalamb > Narayangaon > Alephata > Sangamner > Sinnar > Nashik > Sula Vineyards.

Total distance approx 235 km.

Onward 21Dec, started around 0800 hrs. Vento fully loaded with 4 adults + 1 teenage kid + 1 child + medium sized bags in the boot.
Reached Sula Vineyards by 1315 hrs, with a singular stop for breakfast of about 45 mins included. That translates to covering total distance of about 235 km in driving time of approx.4 hrs 30 mins. Cruised comfortably.
Very good roads almost all along, except for couple of places. Bypass in places at majority of towns, except for Moshi, Chakan.
Watch out for those monstrous rumble speed breakers near the bypass intersections. They are marked in white paint, so you can locate from a distance. But if you are not paying attention and are hitting these intersections at high speeds, then you had it! Saw couple of cars almost crashing into the speed breakers.

Excellent suggestion to stop at 'Akash Misal House', located between Rajgurunagar and Peth. Had the delicious Misal Pav!
Good food (veg-only restaurant) + facilities + restrooms + parking.

Return on 23Dec, via the same route. Vento boot heavier with few bottles of wine in it
Started at 1300 hrs, after lunch. First stop for afternoon tea at a roadside dhaba and another stop at the same Akash Misal House, this time round to savour some wada pav.
Stuck in bad traffic at Chakan during late afternoon hours. Reached home in Pune around 1930 hrs.

Travelogue under progress in the assembly line!
JoshMachine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 12:47   #45
BHPian

I just came back from a Pune - Nashik - Pune round trip over the last couple of days. I've been driving on this route since 2007, and it is a very difficult and tiresome drive now. Here are my trip details:

Pune - Nashik:
Starting time: 9:30 am from Baner
Reaching time: 2:10 pm to Dwarka (Nashik)
Break: 20 minute stop at Apurva Kamath

Nashik - Pune:
Starting time: 7 am from Dwarka
Reaching time: 12 pm to Pune (Baner)
Break: A couple of very short breaks at Ravikiran hotel and for petrol

In both cases I took the highway with no diversions

Some observations:
1/ The traffic in the Bhosari - Chakan - Rajgurunagar section is just getting worse year by year. The government has done a very poor job of planning this route, and I think there are 4 signals, and atleast one which always creates a traffic jam. The traffic is probably worse when entering Pune compared to when you exit.

2/ The 4-laning of this road is still not complete after nearly 10 years
There are many sections especially from Rajgurunagar - Alephata where the road becomes 2 lane and causes bottlenecks

3/ The road after Alephata till Nashik is generally very good and its easy to cruise at 80 - 100 kmph through this 120 odd km stretch. What ends up happening is that Alephata - Nashik or Nashik - Alephata typically takes about 2 hours to cover, and the Pune - Alephata section of about 90 km takes 3 hours.

4/ I remember doing this route in 4 - 4.5 hours with a break between 2007-2010 even when the road was just a 2 lane dual carriageway. Now it easily takes 5 hours. The way this road has been developed is an example of extremely bad governance and infrastructure development.

5/ My recommendation for this route is as follows:
If you're doing Nashik - Pune: The best time to leave from Nashik would be 5 am OR 8/9 pm (if you're okay with night driving). This will avoid traffic in the Rajgurunagar - Pune section and will shorten your drive

If you're doing Pune - Nashik: I start before 7 am (or after 9 pm) no matter what, to avoid the traffic in Pune - Rajgurunagar.

6/ Recommended Restaurants / stops that I've tried and are good and have reasonably clean washrooms: Ravikiran hotel near Ambegaon, Apurva Kamath near Alephata(NOT VITTAL Kamath), hotel Mayur Express near Sangamner

Hope this is of help to someone

Last edited by PuntoMania : 25th December 2021 at 12:50.
PuntoMania is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks