Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th April 2015, 16:32   #31

Default re: Pune - Nasik : Route Queries

Bumping up the thread to post recent developments on the Pune-Nashik NH50 highway.

Best update - Sangamner Bypass - Is operational now, and easily one can save upto 30 mins (or more) by taking this route. And no pains of going through the city of Sangamner.

4 lane work is going on at rapid speed and in all the corridors (nashik-sinnar, Sinnar-Sangamner, Sangamner-Narayangaon) the roads are being widened.

Found 2 excellent joints which serve awesome misal pav - Shree snacks just after Narayangaon (a bit outsirts while you go from narayangaon towards nashik) and another one is before narayangaon (before the bridge). Sorry, don't remember the name, but there's a board saying famous kolhapuri misal available here.

I went by bike and could complete the entire journey in 4 hours flat, with 20 mins break in between. Both times, started at 5 in the morning and reached at 9 o'clock.
Aditya_P is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 08:37   #32
BHPian

Any recent update of this route? Plan to take it on my route back from Indore.
sunny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 16:26   #33
BHPian

I had been to Nashik last month (24-25 June) from Pune. The very same day we met the Rain of the reason just few kilometers before Nashik.

The roads are too good, I could not compare it with earlier conditions as it was my first trip to Nashik. Few patches are yet to widen for 4-lane work from both the ends.

The Pune-Nashik was comfortably done in 5.5 hours with a 1 hour journey break at Vithal Kamat's restaurant next to Rajgurunagar Toll plaza. I will suggest it for Pure Veggies, good parking, nice small play area for kids including slide, see-saw, merry-go-round, etc.

Pune - Nasik : Route Queries-img_20170624_092459713.jpg

We left around 7am and reached Nashik at around 12:30 with only one stop (1 hour!) at Kamats for little breakfast and long Play time for the little one!

I was surprised with the views and weather accompanying throughout the way. There are quite many nice curvy slip roads. There are ample sign boards for everything, nice markings on roads, crossings at villeges and they all are in very good conditions at least for the time being, as they are pretty new.

This thread helped me to schedule my trip bit conservatively as majority of posts were from earlier work-in-progress time. So here is somewhat recent news on the progress.

Most probably I'll be doing it again next weekend, please let me know if anyone wants to have any particular detail of this route.

...and yes that Rd Fab is mine!
iSpoke is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2018, 11:11   #34
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am planning a trip next week to Nashik with family (kids). Kindly let me know of joints on NH60 wherein we can stop for short breaks - basically looking for joints serving veg snacks and having clean toilets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
with a 1 hour journey break at Vithal Kamat's restaurant next to Rajgurunagar Toll plaza. I will suggest it for Pure Veggies, good parking, nice small play area for kids including slide, see-saw, merry-go-round, etc.
Google Map shows Vithal Kamat on the other side of highway. Any other suggestions?
Simhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2018, 12:23   #35
BHPian

Default Re: Pune - Nasik : Route Queries

Friends,

While going from Pune to Nashik, Vithal Kamat's restaurant is on the left. However, except for parking nothing impressed us. Toilets were not well maintained and food taste and quality was nothing to write about except being too expensive. Better to look for other alternatives.

We started at 9am and reached Nashik around 1.30pm with half an hour break in between. NH60 between Pune and Nashik is still not complete 4 lane road. Started to enjoy the drive only after Sangamner. Sinnar to Nashik road is in very good condition. Chakan to Sangamner has patches of 4 lane road.
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2018, 19:29   #36
BHPian

Default Re: Pune - Nasik : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hi Friends,

I am planning a trip next week to Nashik with family (kids). Kindly let me know of joints on NH60 wherein we can stop for short breaks - basically looking for joints serving veg snacks and having clean toilets.

Google Map shows Vithal Kamat on the other side of highway. Any other suggestions?
Hello,

I saw your query very late, nevertheless may be here is one more option you can try next time.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Da...2!4d74.1716016

I have been to this place last month only with my family and this place was fairly clean (specially toilets). I hope this helps in future or while coming back from Nashik to Pune.

Last edited by akshay386 : 29th December 2018 at 19:34.
akshay386 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote