Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 01:20   #1
BHPian

Very specific questions on the Corbett Tiger Reserve

Folks,

Some very specific questions on Corbett Tiger Reserve.
  1. What's the exact number of days before which you can book ? It's unclear as dates upto 75 days are open as of today for booking, but their site says only 45 days advance booking
  2. A night stay at Dhikala gets you the permit. But it doesn't get you a jeep and a guide - do we have to reach out via personal contacts to book these ?
  3. At Dhikala - what is the best type of accommodation out of the 5-6 types available ?
  4. Can 3 people stay in a single room (i.e. double bed rooms at Dhikala )
Old 2nd March 2022, 08:21   #2
BHPian

re: Very specific questions on the Corbett Tiger Reserve

For queries 2-4:

2. You need to contact the jeep personnel on your own. The official website has the details of the authorised Jeep operators along with their contact numbers. Also, the price is mentioned too. So try to negotiate and bring them to the price mentioned on the official website. I went in March 2020 and I might still have the contact number of Jeep operator from whom I booked. DM me if you require the contact details.

3. We stayed in double bed room and it was nice clean room with basic interiors. I would say book the category of room which has maximum rooms available as it will have high probability of booking going through.

4. While booking you have an option of ‘Extra Bed’. You may check that option. Also, we went with an extra person without the option of extra bed in our booking. Still they allowed the extra person to stay with the difference amount charged.

For query 1:

1. When we booked, the window opened on 1st January 2020 and the booking was open for a period of 15th February 2020 to 31st March 2020.

I penned a travelogue of my visit to Corbett in March 2020. I have given some details of booking the Forest Rest House.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...m-corbett.html (An impromptu planned trip to Jim Corbett)

Hope this helps.
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks