Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 17:47   #46
BHPian

Re: Visited Kedarnath : Any queries, please post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
2. We will be staying in GMVN Rampur which is 4.5 km further ahead towards Sonprayag. We will be travelling via our SUV. Can we park our car at hotel ?
3. Do we get early morning transport to helipad which is in opposite direction?
4. If we take our car to helipad, can we park there ?
While reaching towards hotel the day before, check the parking at Helipad. Not quite sure if helipad has a dedicated parking. Else patch up with some hotel owner and try to pay some parking fee. Getting a local transport early morning is a bit dicey hence you might end up taking your car. Usually seat basis tourist vehicles do ply there but again early morning it is very difficult. Given the unpredictability check for various options a day before only.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 22:31   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbaras View Post
We were asked to return to the helipad within 2 hours.
Planning to book tickets for few of the family members, Question is Do they enforce this 2 hours limit? e.g. If We book for 6-9 and reach by 8-8:30 Is it ok if return by 11? (Understand that batter to return back earliest, but just in case got delayed in long darshan queue or any other reason)

Thanks
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 17:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Planning to book tickets for few of the family members, Question is Do they enforce this 2 hours limit? e.g. If We book for 6-9 and reach by 8-8:30 Is it ok if return by 11?

Thanks
No problem. You can come. They are not strictly enforcing it. For 6 to 9 and 9 to 12 slots, same day return is possible, provided the climate is good.

As soon as you return to the Helipad, Register your names and get the token. Then you can relax with a hot tea or maggi at the nearest canteen (Just beside the waiting area).

The persons from the previous day afternoon slots will be taking the ride in the morning. So there will be a minimum waiting time of 1 to 2 hours , even if you come within two hours after the Darshan. Thank you.
anbaras is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 22:52   #49
BHPian

Jai Baba Kedar!

The Kapats are opening tomorrow morning at 6:20 am and with a heavenly landscape there due to snow.

Eagerly waiting for this year travel experiences of members on this thread.
Old 25th April 2023, 17:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Jai Baba Kedar!

The Kapats are opening tomorrow morning at 6:20 am and with a heavenly landscape there due to snow.

Eagerly waiting for this year travel experiences of members on this thread.
Completed the Darshan today morning. Will be soon putting up a travelogue. Nothing new except the hype created around it. But the location and the God is divine. Jai Kedarnathji.
Wanderers is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 21:58   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing new except the hype created around it.
Is it so? It was in news today that police is stopping pilgrims in Muni Ki Reti (Rishikesh) & Srinagar from travelling to Kedarnath.

I am worried as I would drive from Noida to Phata on 28th April & have helicopter booking on 29th from Phata, with return on 30th.

Please help with update on the route conditions & stay/ food options in Kedarnath.
Old 26th April 2023, 10:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.vkv View Post
Is it so? It was in news today that police is stopping pilgrims in Muni Ki Reti (Rishikesh) & Srinagar from travelling to Kedarnath.

I am worried as I would drive from Noida to Phata on 28th April & have helicopter booking on 29th from Phata, with return on 30th.

Please help with update on the route conditions & stay/ food options in Kedarnath.
You have already registered, so nobody will stop you. Only new registration for Kedarnathji till 30th April is not allowed. All helicopters services except Vectra are running as planned. May have some temporary stoppages due to snowfall. If you have booked for same day return try to return early. Plenty of food option on main road but as soon as you start climb towards Sonprayag/ Phata things are costly and may have limited food options.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 11:05   #53
BHPian

Quote:
All helicopters services except Vectra are running as planned.
Thanks for the update, 1st hand info is really helpful. I have booked Vectra , hopefully it will get sorted by 29th. I think, Vectra is using Turiya Resort Helipad which is about 5 kms from Phata.

Quote:
Plenty of food option on main road but as soon as you start climb towards Sonprayag/ Phata things are costly and may have limited food options.
How are the options at Dham cost wise & availability wise? I heard last year a water bottle costed 200 bucks.
Old 26th April 2023, 14:30   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update, 1st hand info is really helpful. I have booked Vectra , hopefully it will get sorted by 29th. I think, Vectra is using Turiya Resort Helipad which is about 5 kms from Phata.

How are the options at Dham cost wise & availability wise? I heard last year a water bottle costed 200 bucks.
No Vectra is not getting permission to fly pending enquiry into fatal accident on 23-Apr. I read in todays Dehradun edition of HT that IRCTC will allocate the passenger to other operators. See if you can get in touch with Vectra local number who would guide you to local IRCTC as IRCTC central helpline is clueless about helicopter service but they do respond on email support. Please write immediately asking them to allocate alternate operator.

Food is expensive but justified due to transport. Water bottle and tea cost Rs 50. Please carry something to eat incase you have to stay stuck for long but very unlikely. Buy water bottle after reaching there to be on save side. But I am not suggesting to get panic as they have enough reserve to sell.
Infact on first there was Langer lunch so shops were hardly selling anything.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 16:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
No Vectra is not getting permission to fly pending enquiry into fatal accident on 23-Apr. I read in todays Dehradun edition of HT that IRCTC will allocate the passenger to other operators. See if you can get in touch with Vectra local number who would guide you to local IRCTC as IRCTC central helpline is clueless about helicopter service but they do respond on email support. Please write immediately asking them to allocate alternate operator.
Oh, this is not even in news or on Google. Really helpful info, you are a god-send. Passengers of Global Vectra, please take a note of this.

I have dropped an email to IRCTC & hoping to get a positive response. BTW, are you aware if the 2 kg baggage limit is strictly enforced or we can take extra luggage?

Quote:
Water bottle and tea cost Rs 50. Please carry something to eat incase you have to stay stuck for long but very unlikely
Price is reasonable considering the remoteness & terrain. I would be carrying a water bottle & few ready to eat packs along with a heavy Winter Jacket. Hope that would suffice.
Old 26th April 2023, 20:08   #56
BHPian

Quote:

I have dropped an email to IRCTC & hoping to get a positive response. BTW, are you aware if the 2 kg baggage limit is strictly enforced or we can take extra luggage?
Although each of us carried less than 2 kg but I saw people with big bags. They need to pay in cash for extra weight. They attach each luggage to person name and cumulative may not always work as they may divide based on total weight chart.
You can leave your luggage in car. Parking near helipad is on road but people say its not a problem. Roads are wide with enough space on sides so its not unsafe location wise. Try to keep luggage covered.

Don’t forget to carry hard copy of ticket otherwise you will be running around to get print.

If you don’t get reply from IRCTC, please call Char dham helpline. Also plan to reach phata before 6 PM previous day and enquire about local IRCTC booking guy (at Sersi he was suppose to sit in Panchayat office expect similar at Phata as well) as they might have worked alternate for you. Also they may call you so keep watch on all registered mobile numbers.
Old 17th May 2023, 15:18   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I have dropped an email to IRCTC & hoping to get a positive response.
How was your visit? Hope you were able to travel as planned. Please share your experience for benefit of everyone.
Old 25th May 2023, 17:29   #58
BHPian

I will be visiting Kedarnath between 1st and 5th June along with few friends and we plan to walk from Gaurikund to Kedarnath. Few questions from me if somebody can help.

1. As we have hired a taxi from Delhi to Sonprayag, what would be the travel time?
2. How would the weather be at Sonprayag and Kedarnath between 1st and 5th June? Do we need to carry heavy winter clothing?
3. We have already registered online for the Kedarnath trek, so can we head directly to Gaurikund from Sonprayag on the day of trek?
4. What are the temple timings and what would be the approx time taken for darshan?
5. We have booked the tented accommodation at GMVN as the Nandi base camp was already full and sold out. How is the tented accommodation, specially washrooms?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Crankshaft
Old 29th May 2023, 13:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
I will be visiting Kedarnath between 1st and 5th June along with few friends and we plan to walk from Gaurikund to Kedarnath. Few questions from me if somebody can help.

1. As we have hired a taxi from Delhi to Sonprayag, what would be the travel time?
2. How would the weather be at Sonprayag and Kedarnath between 1st and 5th June? Do we need to carry heavy winter clothing?
3. We have already registered online for the Kedarnath trek, so can we head directly to Gaurikund from Sonprayag on the day of trek?
4. What are the temple timings and what would be the approx time taken for darshan?
5. We have booked the tented accommodation at GMVN as the Nandi base camp was already full and sold out. How is the tented accommodation, specially washrooms?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Crankshaft
Based on my last year experience i will try to answer.

1) For all practical purposes, you would need 2 days to travel and not recommended to travel in night.
2) Weather is always not predictable in Kedarnath and on the way. It will be cold, raining, may snow somedays, sometimes little clear/sunny and Yes you can witness all possible things. Yes, you should carry winter clothes as you are staying overnight and also carry umbrella and raincoats too.
3) Yes
4) It depends on the crowd. Temple is usually closed in specific hours for pooja, but darshan time is directly depend on crowd.
5) All accommodations including Tent one are extremely basic and with bare minimum options, so don't expect like any normal hotel. I believe for Tent accommodations, there is no dedicated washroom, but you may have to use a common one, which is also another tent type, if i am not wrong. But i am not 100% sure as i didn't stay there, but just saw it.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 15:29   #60
BHPian

Any tips on booking the Kedarnath helicopter. Does the website work or do we need go through agents?

I have tried IRCTC booking website and needed multiple attempts to login. But eventually was able to find my way in to realize that booking is not yet open for last week of June.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks