Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 17:10   #31
BHPian

Nigel, Yes this is the route. Are you planning to check this route any time in the future? I am really going to miss this place this monsoon.
Old 8th June 2009, 09:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sahir, Actually I'm not so sure considering the bad condition of this road. Driving down from Mumbai it still makes sense to pass via Amboli. The Tilari ghat option is the quickest route to the NH4 from north Goa though. I was curious once I noticed this route on a map a few months ago. Who knows though.
Nigel
Old 6th July 2009, 12:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am planning to redo the same this Oct:
Yahoo! India Maps shows me a different (and I suspect useless) route via SH25 etc.

If I breakup route via thane, it shows a total of ~1800km.

It seems quite doable in 1.5 days ex Delhi. First stop will be around 200km of Mumbai, before or after.

Plan is simple. Reach Goa in max 2 days, reach back in 2 days.

Five days in and around Goa as well as Northern Karnataka.

What would you guys recommend?
Old 11th August 2009, 16:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
If I breakup route via thane, it shows a total of ~1800km.

It seems quite doable in 1.5 days ex Delhi. First stop will be around 200km of Mumbai, before or after.
Just did this on 5-6th August.
Gurgaon - Vapi Day 1 1287kms. Drive time 0330h to 2050h including breaks.
Vapi - Vasco Day 2 750kms appx. (Someone pressed the odo reset.) Drive time: 0630h to 21:00h including breaks.

Route GQ (Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Baroda-Surat-Ankleshwar-Vapi) till Mumbai outskirts - then bypassed Mumbai using HVKumar's excellent guide (though had to call HVK at a point where we misread the direction and were guide by HVK (Thanks a million HVK).

From there on on NH 17 through the hills till Savantwadi / Banda and into Goa.

Great drive the roads were in excellent condition all through except for one small bridge which was being repaired between Baroda - Surat.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Just did this on 5-6th August.
Gurgaon - Vapi Day 1 1287kms. Drive time 0330h to 2050h including breaks.
Vapi - Vasco Day 2 750kms appx. (Someone pressed the odo reset.) Drive time: 0630h to 21:00h including breaks.

Route GQ (Jaipur-Ajmer-Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Baroda-Surat-Ankleshwar-Vapi) till Mumbai outskirts - then bypassed Mumbai using HVKumar's excellent guide (though had to call HVK at a point where we misread the direction and were guide by HVK (Thanks a million HVK).

From there on on NH 17 through the hills till Savantwadi / Banda and into Goa.

Great drive the roads were in excellent condition all through except for one small bridge which was being repaired between Baroda - Surat.
Congrats on the drive.
are there any effects of rains on the quality of the roads ? How messy is the Surat Bypass currently ?
Old 12th August 2009, 11:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkumar View Post
Congrats on the drive.
are there any effects of rains on the quality of the roads ? How messy is the Surat Bypass currently ?

Thanks.

Rains surprisingly have not affected the roads at all. The Surat bypass is entirely complete except for 1 small bridge, single lane traffic, on the going to Vapi from Surat side of the highway. The other side is clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks