Team-BHP - Madikeri > Mangalore Or Hassan > Mangalore ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Madikeri > Mangalore Or Hassan > Mangalore ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/28103-madikeri-mangalore-hassan-mangalore-2.html)

i dont know how true this is.. but came to know that from october , the shiradi ghat section will be closed for traffic(i dont know for how long) this is the infamous stretch which is everyones nightmare(sakleshpur mangalore route)

i think the blame should go for those overloaded mining trucks which are causing this road damage.

hoping to see the railroad functional for commuters very soon..

GOing to mangalore via madikeri is longer and also roads are not that great after Madikeri...as all know shiradi is in a bad shape but managable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 560214)
i dont know how true this is.. but came to know that from october , the shiradi ghat section will be closed for traffic(i dont know for how long) this is the infamous stretch which is everyones nightmare(sakleshpur mangalore route)

i think the blame should go for those overloaded mining trucks which are causing this road damage.

hoping to see the railroad functional for commuters very soon..

That's news dude...
I don't think the'll close it. Probably they may just renovate the route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 560357)
That's news dude...
I don't think the'll close it. Probably they may just renovate the route.

I think they will have to close the route to fix it properly. With the presnt traffic condition definately it wont be possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 560389)
I think they will have to close the route to fix it properly. With the presnt traffic condition definately it wont be possible.

Ya if they close that route they have make the Madikeri - Mangalore route motorable...NH48 is the major industrial route & connectivity with the capital bangalore, you cannot just shut it down...
If Madikeri - mangalore is done up fast, then it can be possible to shut it down and make it a dream highway...

Abhi

Whoever said work on shiradi has started,take back your words as it was only a temporary fix with sand & stone powder during the time when rain gods took a break..It was a pretty decent drive to Puttur(85km in1hr 45 mins)on the morning of 6th,but it rained thro the day & the fix was gone .Returned the same evening(85km in 3hrs) :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandan (Post 560811)
Whoever said work on shiradi has started,take back your words as it was only a temporary fix with sand & stone powder during the time when rain gods took a break..It was a pretty decent drive to Puttur(85km in1hr 45 mins)on the morning of 6th,but it rained thro the day & the fix was gone .Returned the same evening(85km in 3hrs) :Shockked:

Thats a bad news:( was thinking of driving down to mangalore sometime soon.

I was googling to find info on road conditions b/w BLR - MLR
Am travelling on Saturday by Car. I guess that Shiradi Ghat is closed and the available options are Charmadi Ghat OR Agumbe/Balebare Via shimoga
OR Through Madikeri.
Which road shall i choose?
If any member travelled recently or has heard from his/her friends about the experiecnes please let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reachmallya (Post 620305)
I was googling to find info on road conditions b/w BLR - MLR
Am travelling on Saturday by Car. I guess that Shiradi Ghat is closed and the available options are Charmadi Ghat OR Agumbe/Balebare Via shimoga
OR Through Madikeri.
Which road shall i choose?
If any member travelled recently or has heard from his/her friends about the experiecnes please let me know.

Go via Charmadi Ghat and come to NH48 at Bantwal...

Abhi

Hi reachmallya,
Do let us know which route you finally took and what were the conditions ?

Fillmore

Latest update, Shiradi, Charmadi and Bisle in bad shape. Only option is to take Madikeri road but its not in a great shape either!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 624646)
Latest update, Shiradi, Charmadi and Bisle in bad shape. Only option is to take Madikeri road but its not in a great shape either!

Is NH48 at Shiradi Ghat open?

Yes SHiradi is open for the samll vehicles, but since the state of the road is so bad. you hardly find any vehicles:)

Last week I did the trip to Karkala ,this route is bit far but road is good.
Hasan=>Belur=>Chikmagaloor=>Bale=>Vastara=>Aldur=> Balehonnor=>Jayapur=>Sringeri=>
Kerekatte=>Karkala.

We wanted to go to Sringeri so took this road .

Did Bangalore - Srirangapatna - Madikeri - Mangalore last weekend. From Bangalore to Kushalnagar is good. After that, it is very bad till Mangalore.
Shiradi ghat section is closed temporarily and they do allow small vehicles once a while. There're huge traffic blocks on Charmadi route. This leaves Madikeri route the only viable option. Huh! They don't have any passenger trains running in between Bangalore and Mangalore.