Team-BHP - Madikeri > Mangalore Or Hassan > Mangalore ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Madikeri > Mangalore Or Hassan > Mangalore ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/28103-madikeri-mangalore-hassan-mangalore-8.html)

Latest update from people who visited Udupi this weekend. They recommended this route as the best, no problem anywhere.

Bangalore->Hassan->Belur->Chikmagalur->Balehonnur->Sringeri->Agumbe->Hebri->Udupi

They took the same way back today back to Bangalore.

Thanks Samurai.. i also found from few people that this road is pretty good.

But since i am travelling with a pregnant wife, i didnt want to take much risk and dropped the plan.. now i ll be taking one way flight and return train

But those of you who are taking the road.. this road seems to be the best as of now..

Just back from Native... It was breeze driving after this lorry/private bus strike.
I second what samurai has mentioned. Use this route
Bangalore->Hassan->Belur->Chikmagalur-> Aldur->Balehonnur->Sringeri->Agumbe->Hebri->Udupi
Other option
Bangalore ->Hassan->Belur->Mudigere-Kottigehara->Kalasa-Kudremukha->karkala->udupi
Coz now charmadi, though it has been patched up is full of traffic.

Latest update from Lohithrao who is in mangalore now...
Bangalore-Mangalore via shiradi is getting repaired itseems. It's OK now
Only 10kms is bad .. but doable in any car .
So thats some good news to those driving towards Mangalore/Bangalore

Sounds great news.. in another few months.. looks like it will be fine too..
but then the rain starts...and all the other parts will become bad..

Hope the NH returns to its old beauty and driving pleasure

Hey guys.. as sushrutha mentioned, the shiradi is getting better. infact only some parts is where once has to be careful. but initial part is well tarred and was dream to drive:)

It took about 5.5hours to reach mangalore from nelamangala but did have to face nightmarish lorry and other traffic around peenya:(

Also the 4lane work has begun, its progress in patches. sad to see many huge tree cut...

I guess there is no solution in sight for the Peenya-Nelamangala nightmare. Noticed the huge traffic jam (luckily on the other side of the road) on my way back from Bangalore to Pune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spadival (Post 740754)
I guess there is no solution in sight for the Peenya-Nelamangala nightmare.

Yes, advisable : not to use Tumkur road alteast for the next two months.

Alternate routes :

Towards Tumkur : Mysore road / Magadi road - NICE road - Join Tumkur road at madavara - turn left, nelamangala - 11 kms.

Towards Hassan / Mangalore - Drive on Magadi road - sunkadakatte - Byadarahalli - NICE road overbridge - Tavarekere - TG halli - Magadi - proceed straight at town - Talekere hand post on NH48 - turn left - kunigal is 8 km

Total distance : NICE road junction ( on magadi road ) to Kunigal - 59 km.

Roads - as good as NH48, rough patches near magadi town ands yes, safe at all times ! ( drove last month to kunigal )

breakup:
City rly stn - Magadi road - Byadarahalli ( NICE road ) : 15km
Byadarahalli - Tavarekere : 10 km
Tavarekere - Magadi : 25km
Magadi - Kunigal : 16+ 8 = 24km

PLEASE DO NOT turn right at tavarekere towards nelamangala - craters - 16km = 1 hour.

If coming from kunigal side, cross lake, johnson tiles fac, proceed 2 km - talekere hand post ( culverted circle, shops, sign>magadi ) - right turn to magadi / B'lore.

However, people from B'lore north have no choice !

Hope this helps !

roamingrao
H'ghatta road / Peenya

Read and weep, gentlemen.

This is utter nonsense, cant really believe on this officials !! Veerappa Moily says it is released and contractor says no...I am speechless !! What this minister is doing? Cant he poke his nose here for the road to complete fast before the rains?
It is indeed weeping time Samurai !!

Abhi

Back from mangalore, took shiradi ghat. Work is in pogress but in a sow phase. according to me it will take atleast 3 more months!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riju
OT :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riju
If you stilll wish to choose this route and have a scenic drive try
Hunsur--Virajpet--Gonikoppa--Badamangla--Madikeri(40kms extra)

Iv to visit Sulya in the next day or so. Well about 8 miles further from Sulya.

Recommended route was Bangalore-Gonikoppa-Madikeri-Sulya. Longer but better route ?

Im running alloys with a 55 profile on the not so comfy Swift suspension so please bear that in mind and suggest :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 753510)

Recommended route was Bangalore-Gonikoppa-Madikeri-Sulya. Longer but better route ?

Im running alloys with a 55 profile on the not so comfy Swift suspension so please bear that in mind and suggest :p

I think the road from Hunsur towards to KushalNagar is still undergoing work. Do the longer route and enjoy some scenic beauty.

Quote:

I think the road from Hunsur towards to KushalNagar is still undergoing work. Do the longer route and enjoy some scenic beauty.
Yep, upto KushalNagar its a breeze, then it's a hurricane of a road to Madikeri.

There is one more road: Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta - Gonikoppal. The road has been fixed upto Kutta not sure from there to Gonikoppal. It's through Nagarhole WLS, so you can spot some wild life and oh... yes road is closed after 6 PM.

madikeri route is not good for low profile tyres!:-)