Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 10:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
Hi KPGB, Solitaire exotica is a new hotel that has been recently opened and it is very close to our homestay. I heard the place looks good and there is always a lot of noise and music from there which can be heard very clearly at our estate. There is a negative review about the same on mouthshut.com
Thanks Princezahed.I'll search for something else.Noise is not my cup of coffee .

Between,what is the best route to reach kakkabe ? I searched the forum and the info i got was
Bangalore--Mysore--Hunsur--Gonikoppal--Virajpet—Murnad – Napoklu -- kakkabe.

Is the above the right one or there is some other route avoiding Murnad,since I see that Murnad looks like a deviation after virajpet but if this is the suggested best route then that's fine.

Thanks
Old 8th April 2010, 10:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
Thanks Princezahed.I'll search for something else.Noise is not my cup of coffee .

Between,what is the best route to reach kakkabe ? I searched the forum and the info i got was

Is the above the right one or there is some other route avoiding Murnad,since I see that Murnad looks like a deviation after virajpet but if this is the suggested best route then that's fine.

Thanks
No need to go via Murnad. From Virajpet we went thro Kadanoor, Kadaga, Cheyandane, Nalknad palace junction ( take right turn here) & reach Kakkabe. About 28-30 kms from Virajpet. Roads were in drivable condition.

Check out this route. Anyone seconding me on that, or any other better route to be
suggested to KPGB ?

By the way, to which homestay / resort are you going to ?

Last edited by Rajesh K R : 8th April 2010 at 10:57.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^^But google shows something different
Mysore-Hunsur-Kamalapura-Priyapatna-Kushalanagara-Suntikoppa-Madikeri(SH88)
Isn't this not a good option?
Old 8th April 2010, 11:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
^^^But google shows something different
Mysore-Hunsur-Kamalapura-Priyapatna-Kushalanagara-Suntikoppa-Madikeri(SH88)
Isn't this not a good option?
I think this is best route to take if you are heading for Madikeri but for Kakkabe Iam not sure.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think this is best route to take if you are heading for Madikeri but for Kakkabe Iam not sure.
Are you saying this is wrong or has bad roads? I intend to drive in the speeds not more than 80-90 & will enjoy the drive & the places we travel by.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:55   #21
BHPian

From Virajpet town go towards Madikeri. You will pass througha small iron bridge in 3-4 kms. Just after the bridge there is a left turn which is marked as Kabbinakkadu 19 kms. Take this turn. Reach Kabbinakkadu. Another couple of kms on this road further is Kakkabe.

If i remember correctly, the turn for Nalknad palace is some distance before the Kakkabe town. There is a board for HOney valley, keep following the directions to reach Honey valley. After Honey valley you will pass through the King's cottage homestay and finally where the road ends is the Nalaknad palace.

I have been there thrice, the road has always been good throughout.

Last edited by pkumar : 8th April 2010 at 14:58.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Are you saying this is wrong or has bad roads? I intend to drive in the speeds not more than 80-90 & will enjoy the drive & the places we travel by.
Mysore to Madikeri via Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Suntikoppa-Madikeri is the recco route,not sure of recent conditions though,cannot be that bad,as a lot of Mangalore bound people now a days take this route via Madiekeri to M'lore thanx to the Shiradi ghats being in un-motorable conditions.Take the ring road and avoid Mysore town traffic
Old 8th April 2010, 16:12   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Mysore to Madikeri via Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Suntikoppa-Madikeri is the recco route,not sure of recent conditions though,cannot be that bad,as a lot of Mangalore bound people now a days take this route via Madiekeri to M'lore thanx to the Shiradi ghats being in un-motorable conditions.Take the ring road and avoid Mysore town traffic
Hunsur road is a very good 2L state highway (Starting from Mysore). It depends where you want to go (North or South Coorg) to start with. If north towards Madekeri, drive towards Kushalnagar. If your resort/homestay is in south coorg you need to drive towards Virajpet/Nagarhole.
Old 11th April 2010, 16:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
welcome.let me know if you need help with accommodation or anything. The route is ok else you could travel towards cheyyandene and then proceed to kakkabe as someone has mentioned
Old 11th April 2010, 22:00   #25
Team-BHP Support

Folks I see Kadkani and the camp listed out as 4 Star hotels? How are these ? Any reviews? I called up Kadkani and the price they mentioned was about 8K per night. Is it worth that much?

Not that I am planning to go in the near future, but I was thinking about, for the previous long weekend. And to my surprise, in spite of the price it was sold out!
Old 11th April 2010, 22:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Folks I see Kadkani and the camp listed out as 4 Star hotels? How are these ? Any reviews? I called up Kadkani and the price they mentioned was about 8K per night. Is it worth that much?

Not that I am planning to go in the near future, but I was thinking about, for the previous long weekend. And to my surprise, in spite of the price it was sold out!
kadkani is supposed to be a good place from what i heard but dont know if its worth paying so much for it.Which is the other place "camp" that you have mentioned.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:34   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
kadkani is supposed to be a good place from what i heard but dont know if its worth paying so much for it.Which is the other place "camp" that you have mentioned.
I am not sure. I did not find any reference this so called 4 star hotel, which seemed very strange. Is it the same a planters camp, I do not know.

This is the best link that I could find.

The Camp Hotel Coorg - The Camp Coorg - Discount Booking for The Camp Coorg
Old 13th April 2010, 00:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure. I did not find any reference this so called 4 star hotel, which seemed very strange. Is it the same a planters camp, I do not know.

This is the best link that I could find.

The Camp Hotel Coorg - The Camp Coorg - Discount Booking for The Camp Coorg
Well i have not heard of this camp as well. What kind of a place are you looking for exactly?I can recommend some based on that and also your budget.Also,both these places are far from Madikeri,so traveling would take time for sightseeing etc.
Old 13th April 2010, 06:01   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Well i have not heard of this camp as well. What kind of a place are you looking for exactly?I can recommend some based on that and also your budget.Also,both these places are far from Madikeri,so traveling would take time for sightseeing etc.
Prince, I am not planning to go. I just found this during my findings for the long weekend for Good Friday.
Old 13th April 2010, 08:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prince, I am not planning to go. I just found this during my findings for the long weekend for Good Friday.
I guess it should be expensive. Let me find that the prices for you when I'm there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks