Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 08:44   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I guess it should be expensive. Let me find that the prices for you when I'm there
I had been there two years back. Stayed at Coorg International. Prices were high for the service value. Food was OK.

At that time I was not even aware of the home-stay concepts. Now they have come of age and are actually luxurious along with maintaining exclusivity of user experience. Hence open to them as well. Looked at some of them and they were full too !
Old 14th April 2010, 01:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I had been there two years back. Stayed at Coorg International. Prices were high for the service value. Food was OK.

At that time I was not even aware of the home-stay concepts. Now they have come of age and are actually luxurious along with maintaining exclusivity of user experience. Hence open to them as well. Looked at some of them and they were full too !
thats the best part about homestays, there are not too many people around apart from you,hence you get some privacy and personalized service and attention.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princezahed View Post
thats the best part about homestays, there are not too many people around apart from you,hence you get some privacy and personalized service and attention.
+1 They're also in the middle of what you really go to Coorg for - nature, quiet and relaxation I'd in fact say get out of Madikeri, and away from the big "resorts" real fast for the real Coorg.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
+1 They're also in the middle of what you really go to Coorg for - nature, quiet and relaxation I'd in fact say get out of Madikeri, and away from the big "resorts" real fast for the real Coorg.
thats the only reason we get so many people visiting our place in Coorg- for the relaxation and "fun with family/friends" part.
Old 18th April 2010, 16:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guys, if you're planning a trip to Coorg, avoid staying at Chillipilli Homestay. My visit was almost spoiled by staying at this place. My experiences are posted here.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:00   #36
BHPian

Better to opt for homestays rather than costly resorts.
However, contact homestays where you have received good feedback. I have heard some of my friends stayed in squeezed rooms and were given as homestay. While booking we are not sure about the place.
Better enquire through friends/contacts.
Old 28th March 2011, 16:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri

Guys, looking for a good homestay option in Coorg. Budget max around 2k per night.
Old 28th March 2011, 16:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Check this out :

www.coorgthenest.com

Food is very homely, tasty, hygienic and very good. Local cuisine (pork dishes) and all other dishes are cooked by the lady of the house itself.

Rooms are super clean and the homestay is directly managed by the owner couple. They stay in the same property so expect nothing less than perfection in your homestay experience.

The approach road is a bit rough (no need for a 4x4 though. My M800 could tackle the broken roads).

Vast expanse of paddy fields surround the property and makes it a delight for the photographers who are waiting to go shutter happy with their pro-camera's.

Only four rooms are available and the tariff is 3k per couple per night.

Pretty reasonable considering it includes all meals, evening snacks and tea/coffee.

I have recommended this place to my colleagues and relatives and everytime the feedback was positive.

This place is located in Gonikoppal and the madikeri town is around 30kms away. The homestay is very peaceful and relaxing.

I have been here once earlier and the experience was excellent. My friends and I are riding over to this place this weekend to re-live the experience.

Highly recommended for a superb homestay experience.

P.S. Book well in advance as this place is fully booked almost every weekend.

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th March 2011 at 16:24.
Old 28th March 2011, 19:22   #39
Team-BHP Support

Vivanta by Taj was supposed to open in Coorg? Is it already functional?
Old 28th March 2011, 19:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Check out Polycad Estate. It is a good homestay and the location is superb. A stream flows closeby.

Also check out excellent heritage properties by Tata Coffee and Neemrana hotels.

Google for details for all these properties.

I am not sure whether Taj have opened. Why do they want to do that when Tata coffee has excellent properties under the banner "Plantation trails"?
Old 28th March 2011, 19:39   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
I am not sure whether Taj have opened. Why do they want to do that when Tata coffee has excellent properties under the banner "Plantation trails"?
I had the same doubt. But then I realized, this may be the upmarket hotel in the main city. Also that the budget lines may be different.
Old 28th March 2011, 19:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Honeypothomes, Coorg homestay, Coorg homestays and Coorg hotels :: Home

set inside a coffee estate. cottages are excellent, food is great. Special attraction is a night walk in the estate to spot the 'flying squirrels' which are supposedly rare...

Last edited by smsrini : 28th March 2011 at 19:56.
Old 7th June 2014, 22:44   #43

Hello Every One!

I was in the all so beautiful Coorg during the last week of May and had a mesmerizing experience...

I am from Delhi and had planed to drive down to Kashmir with parents. But had to abandon that plan thanks to an infectious hepatitis.. So my trip to Madikeri happened by chance and was more of a consolatory exercise (my father incidentally got posted to Mangalore between that time)

But what a SERENDIPITY! The highlight of my vacation (which also included separate drives from Mangalore to Bekal and Marvanthe) was our stay at Subbaih's!

A beautifully home in middle of 50 acre estate of Robusta and Arabica Coffee. Owned by a Benaras Hindu University Alma matter who gave up a career in management consultancy to find solace in the greens.

However, the home-stay is the enterprising idea of Mrs. Asha Raaj, his wife who manages the place and makes sure guests have a gala time feeling cozy and at home.

The place has 2 beautifully done cottages, 5 dogs, a tree house, a 94' Maruti Omni which was bought paying a whooping premium then (and still in enviable condition) apart from the sumptuous home cooked food and devilishly good desserts!

Mr. Subbaih was kind enough to take us around the estate, telling us about the local flora! Some nice places like Dubbare are in close proximity.

More than anything, we were left inspired by the hospitality and warmth with which we were hosted. Had a magical time along with my parents!

Location: 20 Km from Medikari. Situated 3kms from chettalli village, located between coffee board technology evaluation center and chettalli horticultural farm. Close to dubare elephant camp, harangi dam
Telephone: 08276-266669
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri-435cinnamoncottages261390541861.jpg  

Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri-435cinnamoncottages281390541860.jpg  

Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri-435cinnamoncottages981390541842.jpg  

Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri-20140525_083224.jpg  

Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri-20140525_083233.jpg  

Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri-20140525_083311.jpg  

Looking for info on good "Resorts" or "Home stays" in Madikeri-20140525_083404.jpg  

Old 24th June 2014, 19:40   #44

Missed mentioning the name of the Home Stay. It is 'CINNAMON COTTAGES'
You can also reach out by calling- 09449002697
Old 18th September 2014, 13:18   #45

Thanks Ujjwal for the inputs. I am travelling to Coorg with my family during the first week of Oct. I have booked this place, will post my experience post the trip. Looking forward to have fun there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks