Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 14:23   #31
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Srisailam - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Latest update on Route - 25 Dec 2016

Bangalore - Srisailam journey:

Vehicle : Skoda Rapid

Total Drive time : 8:30 hours with Food/Biobreaks.

Start Time: 0615 hrs from Basavanagudi, Bangalore;
End Time: 1500, Srisailam Parking.

Bangalore - Kurnool : Very good roads. No issues in maintaining 90-100 Kmph.
Food Options at Chickballapur and before Gooty.
Just that there are heavy traffic till Bangalore Airport and post that, traffic thins out.
Heavy fog near Bangalore Airport till KA border. And lot of couples besides the road after Airport Toll for selfie and picnic.
Can cover the stretch by about 4 to 4.5 Hrs

Kurnool - Srisailam: 2 lane roads all the way till the start of Forest Reverve. Very narrow road inside the forest reserve and lots of speed breakers. Average speed 35 to 45 Kmph in the forest reserve sections. Post Dornala roads are very good till Srisailam. There are speed breakers and blind curves along the way just that you need to slow down. No good food / bio breaks options on this road.

I second that Hotel Trishul is the best place for food at Srisailam. But heavily crowded and you need to wait to get seated. Avoid your visit during weekends (Saturday to Monday) as it generally gets crowded.

Last edited by carlosTHEjackal : 29th December 2016 at 14:24. Reason: Spelling correction
carlosTHEjackal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
Latest update on Route - 25 Dec 2016
I am planning a visit to Srisailam one of theses days. I am travelling in my HYUNDAI i10 From Bangalore to Kurnool all the way beautiful roads. I need information about the route from Kurnool to Srisailam, total distance, lofging facility etc You may also inform me about the number of tolls and any other info you wish to share with me

Last edited by ampere : 3rd January 2017 at 18:38. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 3rd January 2017, 17:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALSANKRPAI View Post
I need information about the route from Kurnool to Srisailam, total distance, lofging facility etc You may also inform me about the number of tolls and any other info you wish to share with me
Past Kurnool, Take the road to Atmakur, Dornala and Srisailam. It is about 180 Kms from Kurnool. Take about 3.5 to 4 Hours.

From Kurnool to Atmakur : Two lane State Highway with slow moving traffic. Very less food options apart from Tea Stalls. No tolls. Distance: 70 Kms

From Atmakur to Dornala: Two lane State Highway with roads within Nallamella Forest Reserve. Just before entering the first reserve, you need to pay Rs.20 as fee in entering the forest reserve. Within the forest reserve, road is very narrow and most of the time, you need to get down the tarmac to make way for oncoming traffic. No good food options. No other tolls. Distance: 60 Kms

From Dornala to Srisailam: Two lane NH. Very good tarmac. Lot of winding and turning roads. You need to pay Rs.20 before you enter Nagarjuna Sagar Tiger Forest Reserve. Lot of Speed breakers before the blind curves and steep down roads. Food Options are limited in Dornala. But might be average to poor.
Before you enter Srisailam, you need to pay Rs.50 as parking fee within Srisailam.

Ample lodging options. Try APTDC (Harita) lodge which is recommended by most of the visitors. Not recommended for Food.
For food Try Trishul restaurant.

Srisailam is a very small town with lots of tourist population. Some amount of road construction work is being carried out in Srisailam hence, expect some oneway and congestions. During my visit; ATM's (none) were not working. So have adequate cash. Within Srisailam only 1 Fuel Station who doesn't take credit / debit cards for fuel. Hence cash is needed.

Let me know if you need any additional details.
carlosTHEjackal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
Past Kurnool, Take the road to Atmakur, Dornala and Srisailam. It is about 180 Kms from Kurnool. Take about 3.5 to 4 Hours.
Thanks a lot for the useful and nice information and also for responding so quickly

Last edited by ampere : 3rd January 2017 at 18:37. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 18th August 2017, 20:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Srisailam - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Did Bangalore-Srisailam over the long weekend. Started at 4:20 am and reached Srisailam at 3pm with 3 breaks.

Road updates :

Bangalore-Kurnool : excellent as usual.

Kurnool-Atmakur - 2 lane road in good condition.

Atmakur - Dornala - The road in the forest section is about 1.5 lanes and patchy. You need to get off the tarmac with oncoming vehicles. After crossing the forest reserve, the road is good till Dornala. There are places to stay and basic food joints at Dornala. We had to enter vehicle details and paid 20/- at the forest entry checkpost.

Dornala - Srisailam - Good 2 lane roads. Ghat and winding sections. Entry fee for cars was 100/- at Srisailam.

We stayed at the Haritha Hotel which is a decent place to stay. Hotel Trishul is a popular eating joint , but there are cheaper options as well near the IOC bunk.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 18th August 2017 at 20:24.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 20:26   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
We stayed at the Haritha Hotel which is a decent place to stay. .
How was Haritha ? Our last visit there we found quite a few small cockroaches in the room & furniture.
Old 18th August 2017, 20:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How was Haritha ? Our last visit there we found quite a few small cockroaches in the room & furniture.
It was quite decent I would say. We stayed in a double bed non a/c room.

We didn't notice any cockroaches. The rooms and bedsheets were clean. There was hot water from 4-8am ( solar powered ).
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 07:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

I went on a one day return trip to Srisailam couple of days back, started at 8:30 pm on Wednesday and reached Srisailam at 7:15am next day.

Road conditions:

Bangalore-Kurnool : As usual in excellent condition.

Kurnool-Atmakur - Mix of good and patchy 2 lane roads.

Atmakur - Dornala - The road through the forest section is just about Ok.

Dornala - Srisailam - Road condition was very good. An outer ring road constuction is in progress inside Srisailam

The temple seems to have got a fresh coat of paint compared to my last visit and even the pathways around the temple has got a facelift. There was very less crowd, we had enough time to get the darshan of Lord Mallikarjuna and Mother Bramarambha. I took the same route for return journey and reached home by 11:45pm on Thursday.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 10:09   #39
BHPian

Anyone been to Srisailam from Bangalore recently? I want to know if the forest roads have an entry time restrictions.
Old 15th November 2019, 10:36   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Anyone been to Srisailam from Bangalore recently? I want to know if the forest roads have an entry time restrictions.
Yes. Plan to reach the entry point before sun-set. Good to reach atleast by 5, so you can have a nice drive in the fading light of the evening
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 14:25   #41
BHPian

Friends,

We are planning to drive to visit Mahanandi Temple and go towards Srisailam this weekend. Am checking the best road conditions to have smooth drive.

To Mahanandi, most of the route suggests to drive close to Kurnool bypass and take right for Nandyal. However, seems like there are shorter options from Gooty or Veldurthi to Nandyal. Not sure of road conditions after heavy rain in last couple of months in this rayalaseema area.

Please suggest the road conditions:

1) Gooty - Peapully - Banaganapalli - Jalepalli - Nandyala

2) Velduthi - Ramallakota - Kalvbugga - NH40 - Nandyala

Appreciate inputs.
Old 21st December 2020, 13:33   #42
BHPian

Just did a long drive from BLR to Nandyal to Srisailam in weekend.

BLR - Kurnool - Awesome NH44 Highway
Kurnool - Nandyal - Rayalaseems Expressway - NH 40

Nandyala - Atmakur - Bad to Worst Road conditions with lot of tractor/Rice mill Lorries. Too much of potholes and unnecessary humps at uneven places. Only few places are good 2 lanes probably around 15-20kms.

Atmakur - Doranala - First Checkpost forest road is single lane road where only one car/SUV can pass through. If any opp vehicle comes need to fight for road space to getting down the curbs. Pretty bad. Uneven humps in few places would surprise many. Checkpost collects Rs.50 for no reason of improvements. Surprised how come AP govt has not improved this road infra for such a famous temple destination.

Doranala to Srisailam - Awesome Ghat roads just enough to pass two buses at once.

While coming back, we decided to take Amrabad Reserve Forest Hyderabad side to connect back to NH44 at Kothakota.

Srisailam - Amrabad Reserve - Mannanur - Awesome Ghat roads + Roads within the Amrabad forest. Really well tarred and good. Not much humps at all. Most of them are straight roads within the forest.

Mannanur - Achampet - Good roads throughout.

Achampet - NagarKurnool - Good roads throughout.

Nagarkurnool - Kothakota - NH44 - Good roads throughout.Except Wanaparthy.

Kothakota to BLR - NH44

Really admire the roads of Achampet/Nagarkurnool/Kothakota. No potholes and no uneven humps. Surprised how such towns are tarred and maintained well road infra.
blackstallion76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 12:19   #43
BHPian

Has anyone covered this stretch between Bangalore and Srisailam recently?

Also any suggestions for pet friendly hotels/ homestays? There seem to be zero places in the regular apps (makemytrip, yatra, booking etc.).
Old 27th July 2022, 19:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

If the destination is Eegalapenta, which of the following routes would be better?

a) Bangalore - Kurnool - Atmakur - Dornala - Srisailam Cross Roads

b) Bangalore - Kurnool - Kothakota - Bijinapalle - Nagarkurnool - Achampet - Mannanur

I understand that (b) is longer by about 50 km but might have better roads.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 27th August 2022, 17:15   #45

Folks,
I will be driving from Bangalore to Srisailam. Which route shall I take?
Planning to start early around 4 am from BLR. Also, please suggest some good breakfast joints and stoppages with good restrooms.

Thanks.
-RG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks