Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 13:19   #1

Bangalore - Srisailam - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hi All,
From the posts and elsewhere on the internet I have tried to figure out, but still am not clear.

Need to travel from Bangalore to Srisailam and from thereon to Hyderabad.

Few questions here -
1) Do I take the exit from NH-7 from Kurnool to got to Srisailam ?
Else, go to Nandayal and thereon to Srisailam.

The distance between Nandayal and Kurnool seems to be 37 KM ( FYI ).

WHAT IS THE ROAD i.e. the SH LIKE BETWEEN SRISAILAM AND ANY OF THESE TWO LOCATIONS ? As such which road is preferable.

2) Is it possible to cover Srisalam and have darshan at the temple and move on to Hyderabad the same day ? Is this adviceable ?

I believe it won't be easy and advisable. Yet I want some clear opinions.

3) Is there any matters of concern - like ghat road with wild animals, Naxal issues, robbery/dacoity, etc. on the Srisailam to Hyderabad route ?

4) Which route will be the best one to take ( and with more traffic ) from Srisailam to Hyd. ?

I am not a seasoned driver. So, will do all or most of the driving during daytime. Yet I believe I can manage.

Anyone from Bangalore or Hyderabad who have specific info. can please pass on their numbers to me ( in case they don't mind being troubled by queries ) and I may call back.

Please enlighten.

Thanks !
Old 17th September 2007, 14:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

From Bangalore, you can take either NH7 (preferred) to Kurnool, turn off there and take the road to Srisailam via Panyam, Nandyal and Atmakur to Srisailam. The other route is to go via Chitoor, Rayachoti, Cudappah and Allegada to touch Nandyal and take the same road from there. No idea about current road consitions, but normally the Cudappah route is OK. But NH7 being a faster drive, with it being in decent condition (some bad sections have been reported in Karnataka-AP border), better to take the route via Kurnool.

I don't think it is a great idea to go the same day to Hyderabad. The SH from Srisalam is preferred to go to Hyderabad. Keep in mind that the following routes may be called "naxal-infested" and normally not recommended for night travel:

- Panyam-nadyal-Srisailam
- Chittor-Rayachoti
- Srisailam-Hyderabad (more bvecause of less facilities en route)
Old 17th September 2007, 14:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea about the route from Bangalore to Srisailam, but from Srisailam to Hyd, you can read my travelogue. The road after Srisailam is a ghat road for about 25 kms, and a forest strecth for about 65 kms from Srisailam. The forest stretch ends at Mananur check-post. There is one more police checkpost when the ghat ends (nearer to Srisailam). At both posts, cops note down your number and ask the purpose of your travel---possibly due to naxal menace.
I am not sure if they allow night-driving, so please keep this in mind.
It takes around 5 hours to reach Hyd--the distance is around 225 kms.
Old 17th September 2007, 16:06   #4
BHPian

I think the short route to Nandyal will be
take NH7 and near Gorantla take the route to Kadiri.
It will be
Bangalore -> Kadiri -> Pulivendla -> Jammalamadugu -> Allagadda -> Nandyal.

Around Kadiri road may not be good and it is single road. Other than this the road is good I think.

I do not know which is better to Sri Sailam between Kurnool and Nandyal.
If you prefer Kurnool route then its better to take NH7. If you prefer Nandyal route then it is better to take the route I mentioned above.
Old 17th September 2007, 19:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
It will be

Around Kadiri road may not be good and it is single road. Other than this the road is good I think.

I do not know which is better to Sri Sailam between Kurnool and Nandyal.
If you prefer Kurnool route then its better to take NH7. If you prefer Nandyal route then it is better to take the route I mentioned above.
I will not advise the Kadiri-Pulimentla route because it is not a great road, has absolutely no facilities. Besides, I have been stopped by Naxals on this road a couple of years ago and luckily got away after a brief interrogation. Best is to stick to NH7 till Kurnool, and then switch over to teh Nandyal-Atmakur-Srisailam road.
Old 19th September 2007, 12:18   #6

Hi All,
Thanks for the helpful feedback.
I had been mulling the BLR-Kurnool-Atmakur-Srisailam road.
Since Kurnool happens to be on NH-7 and going via Atmakur might
be easier when you are traveling with a small family, though the route might be longer by 10-20 odd miles.

Thanks.
Old 30th July 2008, 07:57   #7
BHPian

Road condition Bangalore to Srisailam

Hi All,

In August second week, I am planning for a trip to Srisailam from Bangalore. I am planning to take NH-7 up to Kurnool and then the state highway.

I am planning leave early morning (about 4:00 am) from Bangalore. Just want to check how are the roads from Bangalore to Kurnool and from Kurnool to Srisailam.

Thanks,
Muralisk

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th July 2008 at 10:09. Reason: search before creating a new thread
Old 31st July 2008, 15:51   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Pulivendla is popular as naxal infested zone. Please stay away from that route. Srisailam to Hyderabad is a breeze, no traffic, no bad roads and also no facilities. But, its enjoyable drive, especially the forest/ghat section.
Old 1st January 2009, 13:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning a quick on to SriSailam. Gone thru a couple of threads here and understand that its better and quicker to stick to NH7 till Kurnool. I have gone thru Muralis trip report and found there are two routes from Kurnool as follows.

Route 1: Bangalore – Kurnool – Athmakur – Dornala – Srisailam.

Route 2: Bangalore - Kurnool - Nadyala - Giddaluru - Cumbum - Markapuram - Dornala - SriSailam

Can anyone please let me know which is the better route from the above two (in terms of safety, road condition and drive pleasure)? Is it worth thinking about Chittor-Rayachoti route to Nadyala?

I'm close to Hosur Road, how about the route going via Chintamani - Madanapalle - Rayachoti - Cudappah!

Also, information about facilities on these reoutes and how safe they are at this time of year!
I've not booked anything for the accomodation at SriSailam yet, if anyone can provide me contact numbers to book the accomodation it will be good. Also, if there are any nearby places that I can cover during this trip would be a great help.
Thank you.

Last edited by Ketan : 1st January 2009 at 14:01.
Old 1st January 2009, 13:57   #10
BHPian

Cuddapah route is fine

But for about 25km bad stretch between Chintamani & Madanapalli route to Nandyal via Chintamani, Madanapalli, Raychoti, Cuddapah, Mydakuru is excellent now. Madanapalli to Raychoti, about 75 km is bit deserted without any food joints but will be a pleasant drive.
Old 1st January 2009, 15:00   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Route 1 is the bus route.

first half of this route is the BLR-HYD route.

After Kurnool, it is intermittently bad (read : under-construction). Esp Atmakur - Dornala. There are many small sections in that stretch where only one side of the road is usable. At these points, vehicles in one direction will have to give way to the vehicles coming in the opp direction.
Old 20th September 2010, 14:27   #12
BHPian

Friends,

Myself and family planning to visit Hyderabad area from Oct 9 to 12. (4 days).

Initial planning as follows:

DAY 1:
Nagarjuna Sagar Dam
Srisailam Visit
Stay at Srisailam

DAY 2:
Morning Darshan at Srisailam
Move to Hyderabad
Catch Bus to Bhadrachalam

DAY 3:
Morning Darshan BHadrachalam
Depart at 2pm
Back to Hybad at 10pm
Stay at Ramoji City

DAY 4:
Ramoji City
Birla Temple, Necklace road, others
Flight back to Bangalore in the evening
Finding difficult to get train bookings

4 adults + 1 kid(6yrs).

Want to know the following:

Decent Place of stay at hybad
Places to visit
Any other plan as per above
Thinking booking cab for srisailam and Bhadrachalam trips

Suggestions please.
Old 1st June 2012, 19:52   #13
BHPian

Bangalore - Kadiri - Puttaparthi - Lepakshi - Bangalore: Help Sought

Planning for a Bangalore - Kadiri - Puttaparthi - Lepakshi - Bangalore trip. This is the closest piece of info for Bangalore-Kadiri that I found now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivapsreddy View Post
It will be

Around Kadiri road may not be good and it is single road.
Can anyone please provide the best route to take? Conditions and facilities enroute to Kadiri? Been to Puttaparthi multiple times & Lepakshi once and so familiar with the regular route to these towns.
Old 4th June 2012, 20:32   #14
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kadiri - Puttaparthi - Lepakshi - Bangalore: Help Sought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Planning for a Bangalore - Kadiri - Puttaparthi - Lepakshi - Bangalore trip. This is the closest piece of info for Bangalore-Kadiri that I found now:

Can anyone please provide the best route to take? Conditions and facilities enroute to Kadiri? Been to Puttaparthi multiple times & Lepakshi once and so familiar with the regular route to these towns.
Did this trip (except that Lepakshi was postponed to another time since we were delayed in Puttaparthi) yesterday.

Summary:
1) NH-7 upto Koduru is excellent even though there are some diversions between Hebbal and Devenahalli. Also, good roads for a 2-lane SH upto Gorantla, the town that comes 2 kms after the right turn from regular Puttaparthi route onto Hindupur->Kadiri SH road
2) Beyond Gorantla, good 2-lane roads upto Kadiri except about 10 kms just a few kms after Gorantla. In this stretch, it is a good single lane stretch where 2-lane upgradation is happening without disturbing the existing road and the traffic.
3) Kadiri->Puttaparthi road is also a good SH except when crossing a few villages where the road is both narrow and slightly damaged. However, the road repairs are going on in full flow in this stretch as well and will be ready in about a months time, I think.

Attached table has the details:
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Srisailam - Hyderabad : Route Queries-kadiri_puttaparthi.jpg  

Old 1st October 2013, 19:55   #15
o.D
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Srisailam - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hi,
Need help on the current situation and best route to Srisailam from Bangalore.
Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks