Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:49   #16
BHPian

I am planning to travel to Solapur in my ANHC, what is the latest road conditions from Chitradurga to Bijapur, after the rains.
Someone mentioned it is worth traveling to Hubli and go to Bijapur adding 90 kms as roads are good.
kindly update the roads from Chitraduraga to Bijapur.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:55   #17
BHPian

I traveled on NH13 in 1st week of October-09 during the north karnataka floods between Hospet and Bijapur upto kudala sangama. The road was in pathetic condition. It was crater filled road with a lot of truck traffic.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:11   #18
BHPian

not a good plan

not a good route to drive.
the road condition is pathetic and there are no good restaurants on that route.
I think this is mostly due to the heavy trucks movements on this route.

in case you have time, you can go all the way to kops/belgaum and take kops/miraj/sangli-solapur route .
the other route that i was suggest was humnabad -but i guess even then you have to go thru same stretch.
My friends from gulbarga always suggest the bangalore-gulbarga state highway.
but i am not sure how it would be.
so think of either banglore-kops/miraj/sangli-solapur or bangy->gulbarga->solapur

do let me know whatever you choose and are done with the trip
Old 5th January 2010, 23:27   #19
BHPian

I completed my tour Bangalore Hubli-Bijapur-Solapur-Akalkot-solapur-Bijapur-Hospet Chitradurga-bangalore and reached on 3rd Jan 2010.
While going till Nilmangala it was hell due to ongoing works. Also enormous humps were evident on NH-4, intermittently, which made me coin the word "Anamolous behaviour of Honda" at the sight of Speedbreaks. A well behaved Honda starts twisting and turning and banging on speed breakers.

Great going from Chitradurga till Davangere, then the Davangere bypass was the dustiest and till Haveri it is terrible, with highway suddenly turning in to singleways and you staring at dead ends.Strictly no-no during nighttime for newcomers on this route.
The route from Hubli to Bijapur was patchy, with intermittent good road from Hubli till Nargund.After Nargund after kulgeri cross onwards road turns bad till almost Gaddenkeri cross. intermittent road works is under progress.
After Krishna river till Bijapur road is very good. one of best with very uniform Road.
Bijapur to Solapur road is good,but the truck movement is enormous and lack of road divider makes overtaking extremely hazardous.
Update on return Bijapur till Chitradurga will posted soon.

As road approached near
Old 8th February 2010, 10:01   #20
BHPian

Hi,

Can you update on the Hospet-Chitradurga stretch? I see you had planned to update the last leg :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post

Update on return Bijapur till Chitradurga will posted soon.

As road approached near

I am planning Bangalore-Hospet and back next weekend. Any inpurts will be appreciated.

thanks!
Old 9th February 2010, 13:18   #21
BHPian

Let me elaborate on the last post. It seems there are three options for Bangalore - Hospet.

1) Bangalore - Chitradurga - Hospet.
I've read that NH13 is very bad between Chitradurga and Hospet.

2) Bangalore - Harihar - Hospet
Is the Harihar - Hospet road in better condition than NH13

3) Bangalore - Hiriyur - Challakere - Bellary - Hospet

Any suggestions?

thanks!
Old 9th February 2010, 13:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Harihar-Hospet is not a great road, have never seen it in good condition the 2 times I have driven on it.

The route via Challakere is a good option, and you can also get directly to Hospet without touching Bellary. From Bellary to Hospet, road used to be bad, wonder if it has improved lately?
Old 9th February 2010, 13:46   #23
BHPian

Thanks hvkumar. Can you elaborate on how I can bypass Bellary on the way from Challakere to Hospet?

Hoping for an update on the Chitradurga-Hospet condition from other members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Harihar-Hospet is not a great road, have never seen it in good condition the 2 times I have driven on it.

The route via Challakere is a good option, and you can also get directly to Hospet without touching Bellary. From Bellary to Hospet, road used to be bad, wonder if it has improved lately?
Old 9th February 2010, 15:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Thanks hvkumar. Can you elaborate on how I can bypass Bellary on the way from Challakere to Hospet?

Hoping for an update on the Chitradurga-Hospet condition from other members.
Turn off NH4 at Hiriyur and go via excellent state highway SH19 via Challakere till either Hanagal or Rampura. Assuming you turn off at Rampura, you can connect to Kudligi on NH13 and then take that road to Hospet. I have driven Kudligi-Rampura and that road is excellent.

Distance:
Bangalore-Hiriyur 150 kms-Challakere 45-Rampura 75-Kudligi 50-Hospet 55
Old 9th February 2010, 15:51   #25
BHPian

I returned via Bijapur-hospet-Chitrdurga-bangalore on Jan-3rd,2010. The road is in bad condition, with many undulations not suitable for speed travel.
Only solace was there was a road, since my onward journey from Hubli-Bijapur for a portion there was no road (Under construction), and due to rain, I had tough time.
But most frustrating part of the journey was Neelmangala-bangalore where there are very big speedbreakers.
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:18   #26
BHPian

I did this route last weekend. Blr-Hiriyur-Hanagal-Kudligi-Hospet.

The Hiriyur-Hanagal road is awesome. There are nasty multi-spead breakers near the villages though.

Hanagal-Kudligi is OK. Road does not start well but gets better to the end. This section took 45 min while going and 35 min while returning.

Kudligi-Hospet is loaded with trucks and one has to be very careful. Some patches were good others bad.

Total time taken was 6 hours with a 30min break at Kamat Tumkur. Started at 7am in the morning.

Thanks everybody for the excellent route information. Saved me from the horrors of NH13.

Quote:
Turn off NH4 at Hiriyur and go via excellent state highway SH19 via Challakere till either Hanagal or Rampura. Assuming you turn off at Rampura, you can connect to Kudligi on NH13 and then take that road to Hospet. I have driven Kudligi-Rampura and that road is excellent.

Distance:
Bangalore-Hiriyur 150 kms-Challakere 45-Rampura 75-Kudligi 50-Hospet 55
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:23   #27
BHPian

One more quick update.

I stayed at Srikanth Residency on Station Rd. I quickly checked out 3-4 hotels around station road and found this to be the best. Rs 800 for double and Rs 1000 for triple. All rooms have AC. The resturant Purple Rain in the same complex was good too.

Went to Hampi spending 3.5 hours and next morning to T'badhara dam.

Quote:

The Hiriyur-Hanagal road is awesome. There are nasty multi-spead breakers near the villages though.

Hanagal-Kudligi is OK. Road does not start well but gets better to the end. This section took 45 min while going and 35 min while returning.

Kudligi-Hospet is loaded with trucks and one has to be very careful. Some patches were good others bad.

Total time taken was 6 hours with a 30min break at Kamat Tumkur. Started at 7am in the morning.

Thanks everybody for the excellent route information. Saved me from the horrors of NH13.
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Excellent speed reaching Hospet.
Any distance coordinates or landmarks for the point where you turn off at Hanagal? Are signages good?

NH13 from Kudligi onwards - does the road have potholes or is its simply rough?
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:42   #29
BHPian

When you enter Hanagal from Hiriyur side, the first intersection has a well marked sign for Molakalmuru (10K). This road goes to Anantpur. Around 400 meters from this intersection is a left turn with spead breakers before it and a Stop sign. This is the road to Kudligi. Its not marked but its not easy to miss.

There are mileposts on this road with SH2 with signage in Kannada. If you know the distances and know the numerical script, you don't need to know the language :-)

When you enter Kudligi town, there is a fork with the right indicating 'Hospet Road'. Around 3 km from this intersection you join NH13.

Most of NH13 to Hospet is rough. Some of the rough sectionis have bad potholes especially near Hospet and around Tungabadara dam. Some sections near Kudligi have been relaid too.

Signage about village/town names on SH19 is good.

Quote:
Excellent speed reaching Hospet.
Any distance coordinates or landmarks for the point where you turn off at Hanagal? Are signages good?

NH13 from Kudligi onwards - does the road have potholes or is its simply rough?
Old 19th November 2010, 19:39   #30
BHPian

Does anyone know how is the road condition from Bangalore to Hiriyur now? And is this trip doable in a day? Will appreciate a quick response as I am planning to go there for a day. Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks