Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 21:21   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Solapur : Route Queries

Guys, how much time did you take to cover BLR-Solapur ? Trying to estimate journey time assuming 6 am start from BLR south.

Parag - I think I will have to add 10% at least to your drive-times
Old 25th May 2023, 21:38   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, how much time did you take to cover BLR-Solapur ? Trying to estimate journey time assuming 6 am start from BLR south.
Last time it took me about 8 hours. I would say it is about 8 hours of driving time at a comfortable pace, and 7 hours of driving time if one is a really fast driver. I know of someone who did this in 6 hours too. But 7-8 hours is a fair estimate.

If you start at 6am, you would be crossing Bijapur by 12 noon, and would reach Solapur by 2pm.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 22:32   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
8:20 hours drive time is what it took me for a 9 am start from Bijapur to A2B at TG Halli. This includes some wading through evening traffic after Kyatasandra.

Solapur to Bijapur takes 70 minutes.

Speeds around 100 kph.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 22:39   #94
BHPian

Quote:

Parag - I think I will have to add 10% at least to your drive-times
In my recent trip, started at 5:00AM from Bangalore West and reached Solapur bypass around 2PM, with two breaks of 45 and 20 minutes. Though we didn't enter Solapur.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 03:39   #95
Senior - BHPian

You’ll take 8 hours. The speed breakers post Vijayapura will slow you down. We left see 12 noon and we checked-.in at the hotel by 8.15 pm, with two breaks in between.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 08:22   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
You’ll take 8 hours. The speed breakers post Vijayapura will slow you down.
You mean between Bijapur and Solapur? In past trips I only found between Hospet and Almatti.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 10:52   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You mean between Bijapur and Solapur? In past trips I only found between Hospet and Almatti.
Right, the major ones are after Hospet and before Vijayapura, more so at the end of Hospet bypass and crossing towns including Hungund. They are not anything to be worried especially if you are driving during the day.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 13:06   #98
Senior - BHPian

I travelled from Yelahanka to Akkalkot via Solapur and took 8 hrs to cover 665 kms. Started at 4.50 am and reached Akkalkot at 1 pm. Speed maintained were steady 100-110. Roads are simply superb, the only fly in the ointment is the unmarked speed breakers at some places and the city traffic in Solapur.

Took 2 halts - Anand Vihar which is strictly decent and didnt have much on the breakfast menu. Second halt was at S lounge in Bijapur for a tea break. Refuled at BPCL Coco Zalki.

This time luckily there were no wind mill blades being transported on the roads.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 14:13   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the inputs. Based on the posts above, I could plan for a 9 - 9.5 hour drive for where I want to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I travelled from Yelahanka to Akkalkot via Solapur and took 8 hrs to cover 665 kms.
Pretty much the route for me, though both start and end points are a little further.
Old 27th October 2023, 06:45   #100
BHPian

Hi All, I will be travelling from Bangalore to Solapur over the next weekend. Will be taking Nice road, Tumkur, Chitradurga, Hosapate, Ilkal, Bijapur route. Will start by 7 Am from Electronic City in Bangalore. Need suggestion on good places to stop for lunch post Chitradurga.

Also, while returning back was thinking about taking Bellari, Anantapur road just to have little bit of adventure. Any thing to watch out for for both the onward amd return journeys in terms of precautions, road conditions etc? Many thanks in advance.

Will be accompanied by a friend but it's only me who will be driving.
Old 27th October 2023, 07:58   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Need suggestion on good places to stop for lunch post Chitradurga. .
I would have had an early stop at Aimangala (Upadhya veg), and then next one after Hospet.

Folks have suggested Anand Vihar about 50km after Chitradurga. This place has a name for the food products they sell, though our exp with food was not great (less menu options, and not hot food when we had been there).

Another suggestion folks have given was one place at the exit of Chitradurga by-pass towards Hospet - but access may be an issue there. (Check maps).

Regarding road conditions - expect speed breakers after Hospet, and some more road expansion word around/after Zalki.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 08:31   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Hi All, I will be travelling from Bangalore to Solapur over the next weekend. Will be taking Nice road, Tumkur, Chitradurga, Hosapate, Ilkal, Bijapur route. Will start by 7 Am from Electronic City in Bangalore. Need suggestion on good places to stop for lunch post Chitradurga.
I would suggest starting early around 5 am if possible to cross Tumkur before Bangalore wakes up coz there will be a lot of 2 wheeler traffic at the time you intend to start.

There is a paucity of eating options in the BLR-Solapur stretch. Either you go inside Hospet city or drive further till Bijapur to get some decent eating places. If you start early then you will be in Bijapur for lunch. You can try the S Lounge.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S+...f67t?entry=ttu

As Condor said check out for the unexpected speed breakers, wind mill blades transportation on this 4 laned road.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks