Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2012, 11:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mumbai to Shegaon : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post

But I would certainly echo opinion that for a short run it is better to take train. The route is not as beautiful as say coastal karantaka hence one basically has to drive point to point. Also like most of the the religious places Shegaon, barring the immaculate Sansthan is horribly dirty place. THe new Anand Vihar is quite good but still I wasn't impressed driving through roads which were basically like open-air toilets on both the banks of the road. Hence I anyways was keen to leave the town ASAP.
200% my thoughts too.

I have done Pune Shegaon numerous times. The sansthan and Anand Vihar is fantastic but rest of the village is in shambles. One really feels sad to see the situation there. And yes, the road is boring all the way - you at least saw some oranges and cotton, etc which should have given you at least some pleasure. In my case, there wasn't much of it either. And just to spice things up, I have taken some detours on every trip:
- Jalna -Deulgaon - Khamgaon
- Aurangabad - Bhokardan - Buldhana - Khamgaon
- Aurangabad - Chalisgaon - Khamgaon

All of them are equally boring.

But I still can't stand the idea of taking a train, I found it equally boring (but yes it's a lot more comfortable for the family). I have almost decided that I will not do Shegaon trips specifically, I would rather include Shegaon when I plan trips beyond - may be to places in MP. But, in general the Pune Nagpur sector is really mundane...
Old 17th November 2013, 11:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any latest updates on this route? Google maps suggests the route through Jalgaon, Dhule and Bhusaval instead of through Sindkhedraja or Deulgaonraja. The distance is marginally shorter, and the time (at least as quoted by Google Maps) is significantly shorter). I am also hoping Nashik - Jalgaon - Dhule - Bhusaval route would be in a better condition than the interior roads.

I am looking to doing this trip early next year, probably in February, and am ready to set aside about three days (I know two days would be cutting it a bit too short).
Old 20th March 2014, 00:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Just an update: We drove to Shegaon on Sunday and returned back by Monday. We were kinda forced to take the Aurangabad route both timesand the roads at some places are absolutely horrible: specially a patch on the Jalna bypass. The stretch was strewn with jagged stones and would be recommended to anyone looking to take his dentures out.

If you are looking for speed, stick to the highway till Jalgaon. The route till khamgaon and then onto Shegaon is very nice.

Shegaon is turning out to be a case of lopsided development. On one hand there are projects like the Anand Sagar, smooth roads, but on the other hand not much has changed for the local population. Roads within the town are the same sorry state. Water shortage is still there (although there were no power cuts during our stay).

The famous Shegaon Kachori is still awesome. I gobbled up a couple or so while driving, ticking my mouth and shifting gears with my right hand. Guess if I had an automatic, I could have had a full breakfast of them!

Last edited by honeybee : 20th March 2014 at 00:20.
Old 20th March 2014, 16:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Just an update: We drove to Shegaon on Sunday and returned back by Monday. We were kinda forced to take the Aurangabad route both times and the roads at some places are absolutely horrible: specially a patch on the Jalna bypass. The stretch was strewn with jagged stones and would be recommended to anyone looking to take his dentures out.

If you are looking for speed, stick to the highway till Jalgaon. The route till khamgaon and then onto Shegaon is very nice.
Honeybee, thanks for the update.
So the Jalna bypass is still in the same pathetic condition. And did you cross the Vaijapur-Aurangabad streach, how is the condition of the road? At what other places did you find the road to be pathetic.
Old 20th March 2014, 22:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

The entire Jalna bypass isn't so bad, but a small patch of about two kms. Rest is still acceptable. The stretch between Vaijapur and Aurangabad surprisingly had one of the best roads l drove on. Jalna to Chikhli was again acceptable, but Chikhli to Khamgaon to Shegaon was again pretty good.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 01:27   #21
BHPian

any latest updates for this route are welome.
how much time dows it take now?
any improvement in roads?
Old 19th July 2017, 23:30   #22
BHPian

Any updates from any member who traveled this route will be appreciated. Planning a trip in early August from pune to shegaon.
Old 23rd July 2017, 07:19   #23
BHPian

Travelled from mumbai to shegaon on mumbai dhule shegaon route.
Mumbai to dhule is a dream run with the nashik flyovers completed all irritants are out of the way.
Dhule shegaon nagpur highway is a road that has some work started at dhule end for fourlaning and lane separation.
I made this trip in feb 2017.
Dhule shegaon route travels through towns where traffic and delays are expected jalgaon is one such bottleneck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks