Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2007, 10:22   #1
BHPian

Mumbai to Shegaon : Route Queries

Dear All,
I would be travelling to shegaon from mumbai, would any one of you please guide me on this route.

I would like to know the road conditions , what time i should leave mumbai, what route should i take, and how much KM is shegaon from mumbai yes i would be driving my ZEN LXI from borivali.
Old 15th December 2007, 14:14   #2
BHPian

The distance is 560kms if what your are looking for is Shegaon in Buldana. For the map visit MapmyIndia - maps, directions, and local search across India - just search, print and go!
The route will be Mumbai-Nasik-Malegaon-Dhule-Bhusawal-Shegaon

Last edited by magiceye : 15th December 2007 at 14:17.
Old 15th December 2007, 15:16   #3
BHPian

Yes, if that's the town you mean, the map indicates that your route should be Mumbai > Pune > Nagar > Aurangabad > Jalna > Chikhli > Khamgaon > Shegaon.
Old 15th December 2007, 15:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

I had gone from Pune to Shegaon exactly about a year ago.

The route we took was same as mentioned by Edsel Rulez! expect our starting point was Pune.

The total journey took about 12 hours approx including stop for meal.

Honestly speaking I would recommend you to avoid taking your vehical and specially small car like Zen as the roads beyond Aurangabad and specially Jalna are not in good shape.

If you can, I would suggest taking Maharashtra Express from Pune, leaves Pune at around 9.30PM and reaches Shegaon at about 11 AM.
For return same train starts off at about 3 PM and reaches Pune at around 6 AM.
Old 18th December 2007, 11:35   #5
BHPian

thx for your valuable advice
Old 26th August 2008, 18:38   #6
manukale

BEST ROUTE is via Sinner Kopergaon Aurangabad

Hi,

The best road, with less taffice is: Mumbai Ghoti Sinner (Agra/Nasik Highway) then take right turn on road by MSRDC towards Kopergaon. Then go on road from (bypass to Kopergaon) Kopergaon to Vaijapur to Aurangabad to Jalna is improved to the NH level. From Jalna there are 2 options: traditional: 1) Jalna - Deulgaon Raja - Chikhli - Khamgaon - Shegaon OR 2) Jalna - Sindkhed Raja - Mehekar (here the NH type road ends) - Janefal - Amdapur - Undri - Khamgaon - Shegaon.

For the route 2: the distance is
a) Mumbai - Aurangabad: around 350 km
(as against around 380 km for Mumbai - Talegaon - Chakan - Shikrapur - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad).
b) Aurangabad - Mehekar: around 150 km
3) Mehekar - Amdapur: around 30 km

Rst all common. Here you can save at least 60-70 kms. PLUS new road is speedy. Saving of fuel is bonus!!

Happy Journey!!

Old 26th August 2008, 20:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Only problem with the plan to drive via Ghoti is that NH3 (Bombay-Nasik road) is in bad shape in many places thanks to rains.
Old 17th March 2012, 19:32   #8
BHPian

Re: BEST ROUTE is via Sinner Kopergaon Aurangabad

Reviving old thread, planning to go to shegaon on 31 of march. I shall be travelling from Mumbai to shegaon. Now I have been to dhule which is mid way to shegaon, the roads are very good till dhule. I need all the information on roads till shegaon from dhule. Also good dhaba,

I also know that from dhule to shegaon the lad is very barren, I mean there are very less villages on the way, incase of emergency such as puncher, petrol bunks etc are there any info available.

Thanks in advance.

Uday

QUOTE=manukale;954119]Hi,

The best road, with less taffice is: Mumbai Ghoti Sinner (Agra/Nasik Highway) then take right turn on road by MSRDC towards Kopergaon. Then go on road from (bypass to Kopergaon) Kopergaon to Vaijapur to Aurangabad to Jalna is improved to the NH level. From Jalna there are 2 options: traditional: 1) Jalna - Deulgaon Raja - Chikhli - Khamgaon - Shegaon OR 2) Jalna - Sindkhed Raja - Mehekar (here the NH type road ends) - Janefal - Amdapur - Undri - Khamgaon - Shegaon.

(as against around 380 km for Mumbai - Talegaon - Chakan - Shikrapur - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad).

Rst all common. Here you can save at least 60-70 kms. PLUS new road is speedy. Saving of fuel is bonus!!

Happy Journey!![/quote]
Old 17th March 2012, 21:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Re: BEST ROUTE is via Sinner Kopergaon Aurangabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Even I was of opinion that route via Pune/Ahmednagar/Aurangabad would be good compared to going via Dhule.
You get good 4-laned roads till Nagar. I think traffic is much lesser compared to the one at Dhule.
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:18   #10
BHPian

Kolhapur - Shegaon Route Query

Planning to drive to Shegaon from Kolhapur soon. Need suggestions on the best route considering 3 year ols daughter with us.

I have checked google maps which shows about 650 km / 10 hrs drive. Since I would start late in the afternoon, intend to break the journey at night.

Which place seems better for night halt Beed or Jalna. Any other suggestions?

Most important how is the road condition? Google map shows it to be NH however major part of the route I know is 2 lane / SH. Has anyone travelled this route?

I would be taking SX4 for the journey. Hope to get some nice tips to make the travel easier.

Rgds.
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:41   #11
BHPian

re: Kolhapur - Shegaon Route Query

I would suggest Kolhapur-Pune-Ahmed Nagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Deolgaon Raja-Chikhali-Khamgaon-Shegaon. The roads between Jalna to Chikhali are not in best shape.

The overall journey will take not less than 12 hours

Kolhapur-Pune : ~4 hours
Pune- Jalna: 6-6.5 hours
Jalna - Shegaon: 3-5.5 hours (depending on time of day)

The halt can be planned at either Aurangabad or Jalna.

At Shegaon do not stay any other place but the yatri nivas. Note that the tour agents and rixa guys are ever ready to fleece the tourists and mainly driven by their commission at other hotels (mostly substandard)

The roads are primarily state highway after Pune - the roads get narrower after Ahmednagar, however the traffic also get sparse. The roads are in good shape.

In case you are pressed for time, the railways are indeed a better option.

Last edited by sanstorm : 3rd December 2012 at 14:44. Reason: missed inputs
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

re: Kolhapur - Shegaon Route Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Planning to drive to Shegaon from Kolhapur soon. Need suggestions on the best route considering 3 year ols daughter with us.

I have checked google maps which shows about 650 km / 10 hrs drive. Since I would start late in the afternoon, intend to break the journey at night.

Which place seems better for night halt Beed or Jalna. Any other suggestions?

Most important how is the road condition? Google map shows it to be NH however major part of the route I know is 2 lane / SH. Has anyone travelled this route?

I would be taking SX4 for the journey. Hope to get some nice tips to make the travel easier.

Rgds.
I too would second Sanstorm's suggestion of going via Aurangabad.Jalna onwards,roads are iffy.Wouldnt suggest the Beed route-too isolated and hardly any wayside facilities.

Galaxy at Jalna is an ok place.http://hotelgalaxydeluxe.com

Aurangabad is infested with many hotels.Lemon Tree,Gateway,VITS,Keys are some of the ones that come into my mind.
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:17   #13
BHPian

re: Mumbai to Shegaon : Route Queries

I had done Mumbai shegaon last month, my route was Mumbai nasik, dhule, jalgaon , sheagaon, while returing, I took jalna, aurungabad, Pune, Mumbai route, the roads are really bad from jalna and very heavy traffic of trucks. My advice. Go by train or take two days of travel one way to reach safely.
Old 4th December 2012, 08:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

I had gone to Shegaon in the last week on Nov and had travelled by train reaching Shegaon early morning around 7ish. Had stayed at Anand Vihar, unarguably the best place to stay in Shegaon. The rooms are good, neat, clean and same holds for the complex. The only grouse is you cant book the rooms online, has to be done physically. Also Anand Vihar is pretty close to the Anand Sagar (an amusement park).
Old 27th December 2012, 09:37   #15
BHPian

Did Kolhapur - Shegaon - Kolhapur run recently.

Day 1 started around 1400 hrs after wifey returned from work. Took satara-Nira-Lonand route to reach Ahmednagar by late evening.
Day2 started from Ahmednagar by 1100 an reached shegaon by 1800. Took AhmedNagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Deolgaon Raja-Chikhali-Khamgaon-Shegaon route. 40-50km patch enroute was really bad. But had Mandarina and Orange plantation running parellel for some distanec which was a feast for my Oranges freak daughter. Later on had cotton plantation running parellel. Took a break at both these places apart from usual tea coffe breaks.
There was heavy rush at Shegaon due to christmas vacations and no accomodation was available with sansthan provided places. Hence stayed at a run down hotel for which paid exhorbitant rent.
Day3 started from shegaon at 0630 for Pune. Took Shegaon Aurangabad Pune route. Far better than earlier one. Reached pune by 1600with almost 2hrs of asorted breaks en-route.
Wifey rummaged my savings at scary TulshiBaug and later at night went to watch Dabangg2 at E-Sqaure. Halted overnight at Pune in a hotel on Apte Road.
Day4 some shopping at Laxmi Road in Pune and then left for Kolhapur around 1400 Hrs. Reached Kolhapur by 1700 with 2hrs break enroute.

SX4 was at its best throughout. Its GC rescued us at some really bad patches of road to Shegaon. I had decided to rip her just to see how bad FE it would end up with. I think 14.6 kmpl with 100% AC on was quite adequate for my needs. The best I have managed with careful driving is 16.2kmpl.

But I would certainly echo opinion that for a short run it is better to take train. The route is not as beautiful as say coastal karantaka hence one basically has to drive point to point. Also like most of the the religious places Shegaon, barring the immaculate Sansthan is horribly dirty place. THe new Anand Vihar is quite good but still I wasn't impressed driving through roads which were basically like open-air toilets on both the banks of the road. Hence I anyways was keen to leave the town ASAP.

Shegaon sansthan temple complex is in exact opposite phase. Everything is nice and visit was worth on that count.

Would sure visit sometimes again but wouldn't take pain of driving all the way there. Would take train next time. For long drives coastal Karnataka always.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks