Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 20:32   #16
BANNED

stick to the GQ unless you want adventures in AP around Chittoor (they dig up roads in no time there)

Stick to the left lane from Ambur onwards - the right lane is almost always waterlogged during rains.

Am driving down tomorrow as well - route will be decided enroute ;-)
Old 24th October 2008, 21:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mahesh I would suggest you stick to Poonamallee - Koyambedu - Tirumangalam - Lucas Jn. or alternatively take a left at Tirumangalam Jn. proceed until the next signal which is the Park Road Jn. take a right there, you would come to Lucas flyover, a left and you are onto MTH Road, I assume the roads near SBOA would still be water stagnated.

You could take a left near Golden George Nagar bridge and then come inside MOgappair and then onto the estate road near the Madras Medical Mission Hospital. I have not attempted the route suggested by Manu, which I might when I come back from Villupram on Tuesday. But nevertheless I dont think you should worry too much of the rains. As I write this there is a gridlock on the IRR from Tirumangalam Jn. upto Lucas Jn. But thats the worse it could get and nothing beyond, so enjoy your drive, keep it within limits if its raining as there are lot of places where standing water can catch you offguard on the GQ.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys, hows the Maduravoil, Koyembedu, Annanagar, Padi & korattur area now? I heard from my house that there are still water stagnated in and around Korattur. So, not able to plan for chennai.
Can you throw some lights on this area? Please.

I got feedback from Hrishi that the GQ still Ponamalle is ok for the drive. Beyond that I need your inputs.
Old 3rd December 2008, 09:48   #19
BHPian

Maduravoil -> Koyembedu road is pretty bad (its an understatement), lots of pot holes till you reach Koyembedu signal, if possible avoid this stretch. The water has drained in almost all areas padi & villivakkam, so that should not be a problem
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Let me plan accordingly.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

I had to make a quick trip to Kanchipuram yesterday to attend a marriage reception. Spent more than 2 hours trying to get out of the city. Finally went all the way to Avadi after going through some seriously lunar craters on the road and then onto Poonamallee, it looked as though entire traffic was using the same route to come to Poonamallee. Left Padi at 6 in the evening to reach Poonamallee at 8.30. We left Kanchipuram at 10.30 and reached Poonamallee at 11.30 only to see traffic piled up almost until Poonamallee byepass deviation for Porur from Koyambedu, decided to come back via Porur only to find traffic jam at Porur Jn. Saw a lot of Bangalore bound Volvos using that route to come to Poonamallee just like how a whole lot of us were trying to get back to the city using that route. Finally took a detour via Chinmaya nagar after crossing through some bad roads near Valasaravakkam and reached home at almost close to 1.
Old 5th May 2009, 17:02   #22
BHPian

Emergency road trip to Chennai

I need to make an emergency road trip to Chennai tomorrow. I stay close to Vijaynagar, Bangalore. Will be the lone driver and plan to leave early in the morning.

1. Is it a good idea to take the Hosur road as compared to OMR?

2. Would like to know if it makes sense to reach Hosur road via Mysore road/NICE road or just go through the city.

3. Want to know what is the simplest way to get to Ramachandra Hospital, Chennai from the Bangalore-Chennai road? I'm not very familiar with roads in Chennai.
Old 5th May 2009, 18:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Want to know what is the simplest way to get to Ramachandra Hospital, Chennai from the Bangalore-Chennai road? I'm not very familiar with roads in Chennai.
SRMC(Sri Ramachandra Medical college) is on the Mount-Poonamalee road. You can either drive through Poonamalee town or use the bye-pass and take the right opposite to Savitha Dental college.

The junction where the straight road goes inside the town and the byepass on the left can be identified with an under construction flyover. You could spot this about 10 minutes after your cross the Hyundai factory.

Once you are on the Mount-Poonamalee road anyone could direct you to SRMC.

If this is still unclear let me know and i shall try and get the google map for this.
Old 5th May 2009, 18:19   #24
BANNED

1. Yes, Hosur Road is a better option especially if you are making an emergency trip.
2. Going through the city will be much faster if you are leaving early in the morning.
3. Please see
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1131181
You will see Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Hospital on your left between the RINGFEDER building and Porur junction. If you see an overhead road (Perungalathur - Maduravoyal Chennai bypass) perpendicular to your direction, you have overshot the hospital.
Old 5th May 2009, 18:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Rain in chennai??? joking? Its blody hot here
Old 5th May 2009, 19:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Rain in chennai??? joking? Its blody hot here
No, unless you missed the thread starting date

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks