Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 10:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Madanapalle

Folks,

I am planning to go to madanapalle (Chitoor District) tomorrow from Bangalore. Can you let me know the best route to take.

Thanks.
Old 6th January 2008, 11:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Best in terms of what? distance, time or roads...

Well the shortest one is: Bangalore - Hoskote - Chintamani - Srinivasapura - Madanapalle (Road is not that great between Hoskote to KN border and excellent once inside AP)...It is well drivable road...

Another road you can think of is :
Bangalore - Hoskote - Kolar - divert towards Srinivasapura - Madanapalle

Kolar diversion to Srinivasapura is not that great, otherwise road is fine...

I still suggest you to take the Chintamani route...After the main junction at Hoskote, there is a left turn (there is a stone marked chintamani left)

Abhi
Old 7th January 2008, 13:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

the route via chintamani is great and shorter.. the road is quite terrible inside Karnataka, but its silky smooth from the andhra border. The bad roads keep your speed down to about 30-40kmph.
the other route is via palmaneru - madanapallee- much longer - not actually advisable.
Quote:
After the main junction at Hoskote, there is a left turn (there is a stone marked chintamani left)
there is also a huge gateway / arch.

Last edited by madan80 : 7th January 2008 at 13:20.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all your suggestions. I took the Kolar, Palmaneru, madanapallee route. The distance is about 200 KM by this route but you can drive at 100 KMPH. roads are really good except the last 20 kms.
Old 16th January 2008, 11:41   #5
BANNED

Kolar - Palamner - Punganuru - Madanapalle is a little round about but as you correctly state, one can maintain good speeds.

The shortest route is however via Hosakote - Chintamani - Srinivasapur - Madanapalle. As madan80 has said, superb roads from Madanapalle town until the AP-KA border and after that, pathetic! Chintamani - Hosakote is bearable.
Old 17th March 2008, 10:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Been to Madanapalle again and this time the route I took was -

Route from B'lore to Madanapalle - B'lore --> Old madras Road --> Hoskote --> Chintamani --> Madanapalle.

route till about 15 km from Hoskote is good then the road is filled with potholes for next 10 kms and gets better as you reach Chintamani. Suggest you take the Bypass here and not enter the town of Chintamani unless you need a coffee /tea break.

From Chintamani about 20 kms is good strech then we have a really bad streach for next 10-15 km till you reach the AP boarder. This bad strech is also being prepared for road widening and in a month or two we can see a fresh good road upto the boarder.

Return route - Madanapalle --> Srinivasapura --> Kolar --> Hoskote --> Bangalore
Madanapalle to Srinivaspura not very good road. Srinivaspura to Kolar decent road and from Kolar I took the old madras road which is really good.

Overall you can reach the outskirts of bangalore within 3 hours from madanapalle. took a break at Kamat Upachar (near hoskote about 50 - 60 km from Bangalore). We ordered Samosa and tea. Samosa was horrible and tea was ok. was charged 12 Rs per samosa and 12 rs for tea. I thought it was really expensive for the kind of setup they have. They are just looting the public.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:19   #7

Hi guys, I am planning for a trip to Madanapelle and obviously first thing I looked for is in Team BHP.

Based on the suggestion from DieselFan, I am planning to take B'lore --> Old madras Road --> Hoskote --> Chintamani --> Madanapalle route, which seems to be a time saver due to the distance. I will surely share my experience after I am back.

Anyone traveled recently on this route and have any advice?

Last edited by Stratos : 10th August 2014 at 22:52. Reason: Formatting and correction.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:23   #8

Hi Guys,
Here is my review on driving to Madanapalle during the weekend. I finally decided to take the B'lore --> Old madras Road --> Hoskote --> Chintamani --> Madanapalle route and it was indeed a good drive. Infact this route is the shortest one compared to others discussed in the forum.

The plan was to drop of my parents at my relatives place in Madanapalle and return back by evening. My parents were ready sharp 8 but I, a lazy cat was only ready by 10 . By the time we left, it was 11. I had to pick up one of my best buddy on the way but we still managed to reach KR puram by 11:30. We reached Hoskote by 12:30pm crossing all those chaotic city traffic hurdles (The NH 219 from KR puram till almost Hoskote and further towards Kolar is getting upgraded, which ensured it took extra time reaching the Hoskote cross). Once we reached Hoskote, we took SH82 and thus begin a much needed break for my i20. The roads are very much drivable even though bit narrow (which is anyway expected for SH). Some of the stretches, I could push her easily to 120kpm and she never complained or even made any sign of getting strained. We took the bypass near Chintamani and reached Madanapalle by 2PM.

My return was stressful to an extent due to night driving (Most of the drivers think the high beams are the way to get respect on road ) and the narrow roads just made sure, I concentrate all my sense. We started back only by 5:30pm and took almost 3.5hrs reaching back Bangalore(offcourse the city drive from Hoskote took me 1hr, which is still not that bad comparing to the fact that I stay towards the North Bangalore)

Overall the experience was just great. The roads on either side of the state borders are good and I would suggest anyone to take this route (had heard that the roads were pretty bad on Karnataka side till reaching the Andhra border but that’s not the case anymore) if you are driving to Madanapalle or even Horsely Hills, which is 22km form Madanapalle. You can have a pleasant drive all through. The only problem we had was that we could not find any good family restaurants throughout our way (May be we should drive down to Chinatamani town, in case to find one)
Old 7th June 2010, 15:56   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBond View Post
We reached Hoskote by 12:30pm crossing all those chaotic city traffic hurdles (The NH 219 from KR puram till almost Hoskote and further towards Kolar is getting upgraded, which ensured it took extra time reaching the Hoskote cross).
Its NH4 and not NH219. NH219 starts at Krishnagiri, cuts NH4 at Palamner and goes till Madanapalle.
Old 28th June 2010, 22:43   #10

AutoBond,
Since you said you live in Bengaluru North region, Devanahalli-Vijayapura-Chintamani(town by-pass)-Madanapalle should be a lot quicker. You can avoid the road construction hassles on OMR, Metro construction hassles near Byappanahalli.
(Road construction experts : Why do they build the highway in alternate left/right sections of few kms ? What's the advantage in doing this ?)
Increasing number of Truckers have started using this route recently and so there may at times be a lot of overloaded heavy vehicles (gradient proportional speed) on this undivided road.
Old 10th August 2014, 20:51   #11
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Madanapalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Its NH4 and not NH219. NH219 starts at Krishnagiri, cuts NH4 at Palamner and goes till Madanapalle.
Ampere, I have read many of your posts before helping in route queries. I need help now for this very route.

So to reach Madanapalli, how good is the road now if I take the Chintamani route?

TIA
Old 10th August 2014, 21:28   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDodo View Post
Ampere, I have read many of your posts before helping in route queries. I need help now for this very route.
So to reach Madanapalli, how good is the road now if I take the Chintamani route?
I would now say the best option would be :

Bangalore-Hoskote-Kolar-Srinivaspur-Madanapalle. Roads are in general good. The state highways are narrow with humps here and there. You need to be careful on that front.
Old 10th August 2014, 21:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Bangalore-Hoskote-Kolar-Srinivaspur-Madanapalle. Roads are in general good. The state highways are narrow with humps here and there. You need to be careful on that front.
Amp, about 2 years back when i went to Ahobilam through Hosakote-Chintamani-Madanapalle, I saw there was 4 lane work happening between in the vicinity of Chintamani. Any update about that?
Old 10th August 2014, 21:54   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Amp, about 2 years back when i went to Ahobilam through Hosakote-Chintamani-Madanapalle, I saw there was 4 lane work happening between in the vicinity of Chintamani. Any update about that?
Around Chintamani? Not aware of that. All I know is that, now the Mulbagal-Srinivaspur-Chintamani-Siddhagatta-Chikkaballapur is a NH (NH234). It was earlier a SH. Its a beautiful road to narrow. Sparse traffic and greenery along the road. I dont know which section around Chintamani is looking at 4-lane.

If you meant the Chintamani-Madanapalle section, then no idea about that.

Last edited by ampere : 10th August 2014 at 21:55.
Old 10th August 2014, 23:04   #15
BHPian

Thanks Ampere!

Small doubt. The route - Bangy - Hoskote - Kolar - Srinivaspur - Madanapalli. Google maps states Bangy to Srinivaspur as 97kms and Srinivaspur to Madanpalli as 43kms. Is this right? Confused since Dieselfan in post 4 says this route is 200kms from Bangy to Madanpalli. But google maps says around 140kms. Which is right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks