Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 04:56   #16
BHPian

Hey Guys,
Did this circuit (HYD-BASAR-HYD) yesterday and wanted to post the latest road info.

From Medchal to Kamireddy (about 10 kms more) - NH7 - 4 lane (sometimes 6 lane) - black top and excellent road.

From Kamireddy to Dichipally - black top - two lane without divider, the road is in good condition but the lack of divider slows one down.

Dichipally - Basar - State Highway, I would say its good, not excellent though.
Old 12th August 2009, 14:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
Hey Guys,
Did this circuit (HYD-BASAR-HYD) yesterday and wanted to post the latest road info.

From Medchal to Kamireddy (about 10 kms more) - NH7 - 4 lane (sometimes 6 lane) - black top and excellent road.

From Kamireddy to Dichipally - black top - two lane without divider, the road is in good condition but the lack of divider slows one down.

Dichipally - Basar - State Highway, I would say its good, not excellent though.
nice to see this update that roads have become excellent. Need to plan another trip to Basar soon.
Old 3rd March 2011, 22:05   #18
BHPian

Re: Road info Hyderabad to Basar

What is the condition of the road now (NH7 up to Dichpalli). Any body? Thanks in advance.
Old 6th March 2011, 08:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath View Post
What is the condition of the road now (NH7 up to Dichpalli). Any body? Thanks in advance.
The NH 7 from Hyderabad to Kamareddy is a breeze with road widening completed in total.

Maybe some others can throw light on the status of road widening between Kamareddy and Dichpally but when I crossed that stretch last August, the widening work was on and the way it was being carried out, it allowed me to maintain excellent cruising speeds even on that stretch.

I may rate this drive as one of the best in the country since it has excellent roads with less traffic.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:49   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I did this route on Jan 8th, 2011.

NH 7 from Hyderabad to Kamareddy is smooth 4-lane road. From thereon till Dichepally there is road widening work going on but, nothing to bad. It will marginally slow you down.
Old 17th January 2012, 18:19   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I did this route on Jan 8th, 2011.

NH 7 from Hyderabad to Kamareddy is smooth 4-lane road. From thereon till Dichepally there is road widening work going on but, nothing to bad. It will marginally slow you down.
How long did the total drive take?
Old 17th January 2012, 22:01   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrawalankur View Post
How long did the total drive take?
I was driving back from Delhi via. Nagpur

Nagpur to Hyderabad took 6.5 hours for 500kms

Kamareddy to Hyderabad which is roughly about 120kms should take about 1.5 hours maximum as roads are simply outstanding
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 20:40   #23
BHPian

Guys, did any one do this day tour recently? (Hyd->Basara->Hyd) - I am planning a day trip and was wondering the condition of the roads.
Old 24th February 2016, 14:05   #24
BHPian

I am doing this route today for aksharabhyasam for my kid. Hope the route is good I will update once I am back
Old 6th November 2019, 12:12   #25
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread
Any latest updates on the route?
In Google Maps, after taking left at Dichpally, it shows possible road diversion. And, the 45+ kms stretch from Dichpally to Basara is showing 1.5 hrs. Is the road that bad in that stretch?

Planning to go to Basara this weekend. Any suggestions on unmarked speed breakers, or, sudden road diversions will be helpful.

Will update the road condition once I'm back from the trip.
Old 11th November 2019, 18:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajendra2278 View Post
[u]Will update the road condition once I'm back from the trip.
Note to mods: Since I've to mention Hyderabad at a lot of places, I'm referring it as Hyd in this port. I hope it is ok.

We've done Hyd-BASAR-Hyd last weekend.
Onward journey
Start time (from home - Narsingi): 9th Nov, around 5:55pm
End time (Haritha hotel - Basar): 9th Nov, around 10:55pm
Break: At Narsingi (near our home ), around 15 mins + At the 3rd toll plaza (Indalwai), around 35 mins
Total journey time (excluding breaks): Approx. 4 hrs 10 mins

Return journey
Start time (from Haritha hotel - Basar): 10th Nov, around 12:10pm
End time (home - Manikonda): 10th Nov, around 06:35pm
Break: At Lufyans Family Restaurant (around 25 mins from 1st toll plaza - Indalwai), around 45 mins + At Godavari pushkar ghat, around 20 mins
Total journey time (excluding breaks): Approx. 5 hrs 20 mins

And, as promised, here are the latest road updates -
1) ORR (Financial district/Kokapet to Medchal exit)
I don't think I need to update anyone about the road condition of Hyd ORR. It is top class. However, one thing I noticed in this stretch is, lane marking is hardly visible (in most of this stretch). Paint seems to have worn off, and, if it is some other highway, I wouldn't highlight it. This is ORR, and they are supposed to take care of such basic things. At some places (where the marking is almost erased), I was worried that I might drift off my lane a little bit.
If I'm not wrong, compared to this stretch, a lot more vehicles ply between Financial district/Kokapet and Airport. But, still, lane marking in that stretch seems to be in a much better condition than this (I don't mind to be corrected on this point).

I actually should've taken NH44 exit, instead of Medchal exit, since, I need to go via NH44 itself. Why I've taken that exit is another story, and will update it in a separate post.
2) NH44 (till Dichpally exit)
I've driven only Hyd-Kurnool part of NH44 before, but, never North of Hyd. Frankly speaking, I was surprised of the road condition in this stretch (barring few small stretches). I was initially skeptical about night journey in this stretch, since I'm not aware of the road condition here. But, I was proven wrong.
People travelling during night should look out for the 1st toll plaza (Manoharabad). There is absolutely no indication, or lighting, or anything like that, to warn about the toll plaza. A speed bump suddenly appears out of nowhere, and, only when you have your suspensions tested will you realize that there is a toll plaza ahead. Even then, it is hard to notice a toll plaza, because, it doesn't look like a toll plaza. I guess you can say, people sitting in tiny rooms and collecting toll. When I asked, the guy said that toll booth is WIP (not sure for how long). You might've read the phrase 'barring few small stretches' in above paragraph. Well, this is one of them. Other is the stretch where a lane is closed for repair work, and we've only one lane to use.
3) Dichpally - Basar
I originally though that driving in this stretch for first time, at that time (night) will be an adventure. It was actually an adventure (absolutely no idea about the road conditions), but, the road conditions are better than I thought. For 45+ kms, Google showed journey time of 1.5 hrs. You can take a guess on how one would expect the road would be in such case.
Though there are 2-3 railway crossings, fortunately, we had to stop only once (for 5-6 mins).
Note:-The below road is as shown by Google maps. I'm not sure about the road condition of other routes (say, the route via Nizamabad town).

The road condition here can be divided into multiple parts -
a. Dichpally - https://goo.gl/maps/Y3r9yStiSiMJV2Pj8 (you've to take a right here)
This is mostly undivided 2 lane road (some part is divided near Dichpally). There are no potholes, or surprising speed breakers, but, road on one side of the median is WIP. So, there will be 2 way vehicular movement in only one side of the median.
b. https://goo.gl/maps/Y3r9yStiSiMJV2Pj8 - https://goo.gl/maps/Qj95bHioSPMTDMxCA (you've to take a right here)
This is completely undivided 2 road, with some potholes as we near the end point. If there is no traffic, we can navigate those potholes, since the road is wide enough.
c. https://goo.gl/maps/Qj95bHioSPMTDMxCA - https://goo.gl/maps/ame2bGsWmhMvUucQ6 (you've to take a right after this)
This is completely undivided 1 lane road, with some potholes here and there. So, proceed with caution.
d. https://goo.gl/maps/ame2bGsWmhMvUucQ6 - https://goo.gl/maps/4mNqA4iWP6z6HbYQA (you've to take a right near this. This point is just for reference. Consider the main road near this point)
This is completely undivided 1 lane road, but, is in excellent condition. Watch out for speed breaks (there might be a couple of them).
e. https://goo.gl/maps/4mNqA4iWP6z6HbYQA (This point is just for reference. Consider the main road near this point) - Basar
This is completely undivided 2 lane road. Road is newly laid. So, condition is very good, but, occasionally (some 10 times may be), you'll find spots (2-3 meter length) where there is no road. Few such spots are bumpy, while few can be driven by slowing down just a bit. Few stretches (may be a couple of them) are bad (no road at all). Watch out for them.

My road condition update ended up as a mini travelogue. Sorry about that!
I've dash cam footage as well. But, need to compile the clips of different road conditions. So, it'll take a while to compile and post the clips.
rajendra2278 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks