Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 22:11   #1
BHPian

Need Help With Hotels in HYD

MODS: I appologise for my ignorance but i really didnt know where to post such a query but am in urgent requirement for the following hence the post. Please do the needfull if the post is not in the correct section.

Guys i have looked extensively on the net but could'nt quite find a hotel to my requirements infact the area in Hyderabad.
*I require a decent hotel in the area of Madhapur or nearby Hi-Tech city.
*I found Hotel Sunrise in Madhapur but dont want to stay there.
*Want a budget hotel but a decent one(infact a good one to be honest) within the price range of Rs.1000/night.

Please help me out.Thanks Guys!!
Old 18th March 2008, 12:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

For 1K getting a hotel at hitec city area is near to impossible. I suggest you check out service apartments which would be in the 2K range. Or best is to stay in Sec'bad and travel to hitec city, it will work out much cheaper.

Here is one website with a review of one of the service apartment. Search for others in the same website

Read Falcons Nest Serviced Apartments, Hyderabad Reviews / Ratings, Hyderabad Hotels India: Oktatabyebye.com
Old 18th March 2008, 13:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

There you have it abhik. As mobike008 said, its just about impossible to get anything in the hitec city area for 1k per day. Only things you may get are not what you would like to get into.

Again, as mobike008 suggested, check your options in secunderabad. Whether you come by train or plane you will find it easier to check in into a hotel in secunderabad. Everything is so much more reachable there (important for an out-of-towner). And you can take the MMTS (our version of the locals) from secunderabad to reach hi-tec area. Simple!

Last edited by Zappo : 18th March 2008 at 13:11.
Old 18th March 2008, 18:13   #4
BHPian

Thanks a ton guys! but do keep more suggestions coming in....
Old 18th March 2008, 18:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
Thanks a ton guys! but do keep more suggestions coming in....
When do you plan to visit Hyd? Do check the websites out for a good deal on hotels and stick to sec'bad area. Travel to Hitec is not that bad. It's just about 15kms

I also suggest to check Makemytrip.com - Cheap Air Tickets to India, Holiday Packages / Hotels in India, Travel Agents / Agency, Flights to India from USA for hotel deals, you will surely find one in your budget.
Old 21st March 2008, 21:57   #6
BHPian

am planning to visit 1st week of may 1-5th will be my stay,just thought planning ahead will be good,but again i checked MakeMyTrip and other sites but dont know HYD so couldn't figure out what ares are close by.
Please help me with names of areas close by hi-tec. all i know is madhapur...
Old 22nd March 2008, 00:33   #7
BHPian

@abhik - Look out for hotels in Lakdi-ka-pul. They will be available in your price range and 30 mins drive away from Hitec City. You can also take the MMTS train from there.

Cheers!!!

Cheers!!!
Old 22nd March 2008, 17:09   #8
BHPian

Abhik,
The best option in the price range you have mentioned is Lakdi-ka-pul/Bazar Ghat/Red Hills (almost the same areas). You will find decent hotels there and it is close to HITEC City also.
If you plan to stay in Lakdi-ka-pul, you can take a MMTS to HITEC City or travel by road there.
A "un-shared" rick will cost you ~Rs.80, for a shared one, you will need to make a break journey which I do not recommend for a non-resident.

Regards,
Prasanna G
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:09   #9
BHPian

Thanks guys! But i hope these areas are good in the sense that there would'nt be wrong type of people if you know what i mean like hotels in paharganj in delhi...congested cheap area..... hopefully these areas are good?
Old 23rd March 2008, 11:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

hi abhik,

i would suggest 'kuna's guest house' they have premises in jubliee hills and banjara hills. clean rooms, air conditioned, priced around 1000 to 1100 rs.

madhavpur would be a 10 minute drive from their j-hills premises.

ps:there are many similar ones in j-hills such as vista homes,swan suites and so-on.. do a search on justdial.. am pretty sure u'll find many.
Old 25th March 2008, 20:14   #11
BHPian

Thanks a ton guys!! will do what you all have suggested. Thanks no much.
Old 26th March 2008, 11:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have seen some guest houses on the road perpendicular to the Madhapur police station, near Durgam Cheruvu. One of them is called NG Guest House. Another one is in a gated community near Durgam Cheruvu. They would be closest to Hi-Tec city (2 kms). But I am not sure if they cost less than 1K.
Old 27th March 2008, 12:40   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I have seen some guest houses on the road perpendicular to the Madhapur police station, near Durgam Cheruvu. One of them is called NG Guest House. Another one is in a gated community near Durgam Cheruvu. They would be closest to Hi-Tec city (2 kms). But I am not sure if they cost less than 1K.
Even i see these GH's on my daily drive back home. But, they surely will be higher than 1K

[/quote]Thanks a ton guys!! will do what you all have suggested. Thanks no much.[/quote]

we are surprised that you don't appreciate our help
Old 27th March 2008, 14:22   #14
BHPian

Hey abhik, you can also try out some hotels on the Pune highway. There is one called Swagath, and one called Pearls Inn that I know about. These are about 8-9 kms from hitec city. There is also a guest house in Madhapur that some of my friends used recently. Will try and find out the details for you.
Old 3rd April 2008, 23:08   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Even i see these GH's on my daily drive back home. But, they surely will be higher than 1K
Thanks a ton guys!! will do what you all have suggested. Thanks no much.[/quote]

we are surprised that you don't appreciate our help[/quote]
Am really sorry bro, please forgive my typo error "thanks NO much" should actually read "Thanks SO Much". Sorry about that!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks