Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 12:08   #16
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Chandrapur : Route Queries

Guys. Need to travel to Karimnagar from Hyderabad next Wednesday for a friends wedding. His wedding is at night and I plan to start somewhere in the evening and reach Karimnagar by around 8pm. Plan to stay the night there after the wedding and then visit some nearby places the next day. Some questions.

1) How is the overall route from Hyd to Karimnagar. Anything to look out for? Is it a 4 way or a 2 way lane. Is it as good as the HYD-VJA highway?
2) Decent hotels to stay for one night (me wife and 2 yr daughter) at Karimnagar. Heard from some Karimnagar friends that only Hotel Swetha is good.
3) Nearby places to visit. Plan to finish all sight seeing by noon the next day and drive back comfortably to Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by racer_ash : 10th December 2014 at 12:09. Reason: additional info
Old 10th December 2014, 13:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Guys. Need to travel to Karimnagar from Hyderabad next Wednesday .

1) How is the overall route from Hyd to Karimnagar. Anything to look out for? Is it a 4 way or a 2 way lane. Is it as good as the HYD-VJA highway?

I had travelled about 4 months back in this route.
Almost 90% of the highway was four lane barring a few stretches and was without toll.
It should be four lane now completely.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 17:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
2) Decent hotels to stay for one night (me wife and 2 yr daughter) at Karimnagar. Heard from some Karimnagar friends that only Hotel Swetha is good.
3) Nearby places to visit. Plan to finish all sight seeing by noon the next day and drive back comfortably to Hyderabad.

Cannot compare this circuit with Hyd-Vja highway. You will see it for yourself. Though not much of traffic, you need to be alert at gaps in median.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 00:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys. Need to travel to Karimnagar from Hyderabad next Wednesday for a friends wedding. His wedding is at night and I plan to start somewhere in the evening and reach Karimnagar by around 8pm. Plan to stay the night there after the wedding and then visit some nearby places the next day. Some questions.

Its a 4 laned one for most parts but not exactly the way you would see the NH7s and the GQs-but yes they are 4laned.

Swetha is the only hotel afaik,so there is nothing really to compare there.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 12:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Which is a better option for the HYD-Chandrapur sector - via Adilabad or via Karimnagar?
Old 15th November 2016, 16:03   #21

Dear All

I did trip from Bangalore to Chandrapur - My home town via Hyderabad between 8 Nov and 12 Nov.

**Route option 1.
Bangalore - Hyderabad - Karimnagar - Ramagundam - Mancherial - Asifabad - Rajura - Balharshah - Chandrapur.

- This SH1 Highway is shortest route than NH7 ( NH44)
- The road inside Telangana are quite good and newly laid and good drive.
- Mancherial - Pedampally till Asifabad is single lane within town limits and slows down a bit
- Maharashtra border starts within Sanctuary and road deteriorates drastically.
- Asifabad and Rajura is absolutely dirt track with big potholes and big trucks swallowing the whole tarmac.
- Not sure why roads within sanctuary are ill maintained though I saw few patching work in progress.
- Nevertheless I don't recommend it for another 2 years at least.

Food : No Decent place to eat, Better carry your own food.

** Route Option 2 : NH7( NH44)

While returning I took another route.
Chandrapur - Balharshah - Rajura - Gadchandur - Korapana - Chandat (T) point - connecting NH 7 to - Adilabad - Nirmal ( Bypass) - Hyderabad.

- Rajura till Korapana is not bad as stretch between Rajura till Asifabad.
- Though single lane but ok to drive and once korapna border is crossed to Telangana Road becomes good.
- Good road network being developed in Telangana now.

Food : No Decent place between Kamareddy and Adialabad. It is good to stop over near Kamareddy have lunch/snacks etc on road side Dhabas and restaurants.

**Route option 3 : NH7 ( NH 44)

Chandrapur - Ghughus - Vani - connect NH7 - Adialabad ( bypass)- Nirmal ( Bypass) - Hyderabad.

- This option is good as well but has more kilometers to add than Rajura korapana road.
- Those who wants to reach Vani - Varora can take this road.

These options are good for people who wishes to travel to Tadoba Tiger Sanctuary.

Overall road are better managed than 2013.
Old 18th January 2024, 11:36   #22
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Chandrapur : Route Queries

[quote=uday08;4093103]Dear All

I did trip from Bangalore to Chandrapur - My home town via Hyderabad between 8 Nov and 12 Nov.

**Route option 1.
Bangalore - Hyderabad - Karimnagar - Ramagundam - Mancherial - Asifabad - Rajura - Balharshah - Chandrapur.

- This SH1 Highway is shortest route than NH7 ( NH44)
- The road inside Telangana are quite good and newly laid and good drive.
- Mancherial - Pedampally till Asifabad is single lane within town limits and slows down a bit
- Maharashtra border starts within Sanctuary and road deteriorates drastically.
- Asifabad and Rajura is absolutely dirt track with big potholes and big trucks swallowing the whole tarmac.
- Not sure why roads within sanctuary are ill maintained though I saw few patching work in progress.
- Nevertheless I don't recommend it for another 2 years at least.

Unquote

If anybody has travelled this route recently, kindly update the road conditions.

Last edited by tomchacks : 18th January 2024 at 11:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks