Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 01:21   #16
Team-BHP Support

Don't take the Ludhiana Bypass, if you are reaching at odd hours, just keep on going straight don't turn anywhere, the road will pass straight through ludhiana, and you will end up where the bypass come in inside ldh.
Asr has good sinages, so no issues.
Diesel is cheapest in Punjab, and Petrol is cheapest in Haryana.
If your car is diesel, fill up the tank just after you cross shambhu toll gate(Pb border). There is a huge BP Petrol pump on the left(Its the second BP pump after the border).

While coming back fill up in the Huge(very very huge can't be missed with McDonald) HP pump just before Rajpura, this will come to your left when you are coming back.

For Petrol, full up at Ambala. Its an IOC pump.

You can travel at any time of the day. The only scary part is till you cross panipat from Delhi . NHAI has made the roads a mess in this part, and there are craters which open up without warning.

Apart from that watch your speed in Haryana(7am to 6pm they can be checking). Speed limit is 90 and fine is 400rs.
Old 9th June 2008, 10:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
And did somebody forget Bansal Ki Pinni..? Though it is a delicacy best enjoyed in winters, but one can have it year round like I do..

And KD, don't forget to have the 'Kadha Prasad' at the Harmandir Saheb..
I won't GD sir, and in fact I'l Try and get some back for everybdy for the next 'meat'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
Couldn't have given a better route description.
One more suggestion if you have a gps system nothing would beat it.
In case you dont and have a GPRS enabled fone (say N73) download a utility known as Google Maps. It works through GPRS and is precise to 1000 metres. Fair enough for no cost

I would suggest you to make it a week trip.

BURPPPPPP Food is where we specialize.
I can put it this way people "eat to live", but Punjabis "Live to eat"
A GPRS enable phone.. that means my 6600 will do just fine.

A Week trip, I wish... But als its not possible.. lets c if it can be managed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Don't take the Ludhiana Bypass, if you are reaching at odd hours, just keep on going straight don't turn anywhere, the road will pass straight through ludhiana, and you will end up where the bypass come in inside ldh.
Asr has good sinages, so no issues.
Diesel is cheapest in Punjab, and Petrol is cheapest in Haryana.
If your car is diesel, fill up the tank just after you cross shambhu toll gate(Pb border). There is a huge BP Petrol pump on the left(Its the second BP pump after the border).

While coming back fill up in the Huge(very very huge can't be missed with McDonald) HP pump just before Rajpura, this will come to your left when you are coming back.

For Petrol, full up at Ambala. Its an IOC pump.

You can travel at any time of the day. The only scary part is till you cross panipat from Delhi . NHAI has made the roads a mess in this part, and there are craters which open up without warning.

Apart from that watch your speed in Haryana(7am to 6pm they can be checking). Speed limit is 90 and fine is 400rs.
Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up Tanveer.

Regarding travelling during the checking time, I think I'll start somewhere around 7 pm.

By the way I never knew there were so many places to visit in Amritsar. I just knew of the Golden Temple and the famous wagah border. Thanks guys...

All this food is making my mouth water.
Old 9th June 2008, 13:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

KD Dost... Finally moving to Amritsar Gurudwara for washing all t-bhp paaps

Jokes Apart..

NH1 is a fantastic road to go on, Night or day. How sooner you'll be there ?? Depends entirely on you...

Pickup petrol from haryana and diesal from punjab only. Do look out for a good petrol bunk rather and refugee bunk, to avoid any type of fuel adulteration.

Will not say anything about food, as your menu seems to be already booked

Cheers, Have a nice and safe trip.
Old 9th June 2008, 13:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

So KD, what's the story mate? You're not the "pilgrim" type so what gives, planning to migrate ? Have a good trip - Dhaula Kuan clover-leaf, Ring Road, Sabzi Mandi & then NH1 all the way.

PS: Don't succumb to the temptation of filling Diesel in Punjab just because its the cheapest - remember that your steed runs on Petrol
Old 9th June 2008, 14:03   #20
BHPian

i travelled on the route till ambala, leave delhi early else you risk the issue of being stuck on the delhi exit for a while( borken down trucks haphazard traffic) a couple of weeks back none of the flyovers had opened up and the drive inside somepat panipat was ridiculous. karnal to ambala the road was excellent and you can average a good 80KMPH.
on you return ensure that you enter delhi around 7-8 ish since after that trucks start entering and god bless you, when we picked up the safari from chd amnd drove back we got delayed and wasted about 90 mins after entering delhi in crawling traffic.
Old 9th June 2008, 14:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
KD Dost... Finally moving to Amritsar Gurudwara for washing all t-bhp paaps

Jokes Apart..

NH1 is a fantastic road to go on, Night or day. How sooner you'll be there ?? Depends entirely on you...

Pickup petrol from haryana and diesal from punjab only. Do look out for a good petrol bunk rather and refugee bunk, to avoid any type of fuel adulteration.

Will not say anything about food, as your menu seems to be already booked

Cheers, Have a nice and safe trip.
Paaps? Ash, if that's the case then toh the whole of the NCR gang needs to go there. After all am a small fry in a big ocean.

by the way Ash, What's happening with the OSRAM lights? wan to get them done before I leave for the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
So KD, what's the story mate? You're not the "pilgrim" type so what gives, planning to migrate ? Have a good trip - Dhaula Kuan clover-leaf, Ring Road, Sabzi Mandi & then NH1 all the way.

PS: Don't succumb to the temptation of filling Diesel in Punjab just because its the cheapest - remember that your steed runs on Petrol
Nope dada, you are right am not the Pilgrim type, but I have heard so much about Amritsar that I really have to visit it. 'Kal ho na Ho'

Regarding the filling diesel, hmmm, who knows I might fill up on my return trip, after all have heard that there are amazing modders there, who can do just about anything. Thanks to everybdy here, you guys might get a 1st hand preview of a 800 Diesel. (juss kidding)

I wish we all could plan a trip together. It would have been fun all the way
Old 10th June 2008, 13:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
By the way Ash, What's happening with the OSRAM lights? wan to get them done before I leave for the trip.
Give me a buzz whenever you need it !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks