Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2008, 09:56   #1

NICE Road - Alternate Routes - Info and queries

The NICE road has been my life line to travel from Mysore Road to Electronic City. Its very convenient and easy to travel. I can avoid the traffic mess of Bangalore City and cruise on the smooth road. The road is still not complete at some places but the other parts are the best.

Lets not discuss on why the road is not complete or on any other political figures.

From past few months some stretches of the road has been blocked. I have go some alternate routs, but they are also been blocked or there are issues with the travel.

First: the connection from Bannergatta road to NICE road, near gottigere lake.
Wikimapia link: Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

In the below picture:
Route 1: The route which most Vehicles takes, This includes the heavy vehicles also. Because of frequent traffic jams at the Bannergettha road intersection, this route has been made one way i.e. we can only join the Bannergettha road and not the reverse. There is a security gaurd at the intersection and he stops the vehicles which are entering to Route 1 from Bannergettha road. Although, I dont listen to him and go on, but sometimes i cant enter route 1 because of traffic pile up on route 1 i.e. vehicles waiting to enter the Bannergettha road.

Route 2: To avoid Route 1, I explored Route 2. The traffic is less here. But now the villagers have blocked this route i.e. they have dug up the stretch where Route 2 joins Route 1. So this route is blocked.

Route 3: Wanted to know if route 3 is possible? I have not explored it. Let me know on this.

Route 4: Is this possible? I have not explored this. Let me know on this.
Attached Thumbnails
NICE Road - Alternate Routes - Info and queries-nice-route-1.jpg  

NICE Road - Alternate Routes - Info and queries-nice-route-2.jpg  

Old 9th November 2008, 14:58   #2
BHPian

Mumbai- Mysore bypassing Bangalore

I am going to be travelling from Mumbai to Mysore. Any suggestions of how I could avoid Bangalore and reach Mysore. Is it possible to do it in a day? What are the road conditions like. Would be grateful if any one could suggest good hotels in Chitradurga ,Dhavangere, and Tumkur.

Suneet
Old 9th November 2008, 16:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suneet View Post

I am going to be travelling from Mumbai to Mysore. Any suggestions of how I could avoid Bangalore and reach Mysore.
Approx 11 km from Nelamangala junction, you would get the entrance ramp to NICE road on your left. Take that ramp, join NICE road and keep going. The road ends at Bangalore Mysore road. When you merge with that road, you would be heading towards Bangalore. Take the first U turn and you are all set. Nelamanagla to Mysore road should take around 35 minutes and from the point where nice road joins mysore, it should take you 2 hours to reach Mysore. So approx 2.5 hours from Nelamangala.

[caution: Soon, when the flyover over mysore road is done, NICE road wouldn't end on Mysore road but there would be an exit for it]

Quote:
Is it possible to do it in a day? What are the road conditions like. Would be grateful if any one could suggest good hotels in Chitradurga ,Dhavangere, and Tumkur.
Suneet
There is a bombay-bangalore thread in route info section. There is good information on that. Check it out.
Old 13th November 2008, 19:26   #4
BHPian

i recently traveled on the route 2 which is in a very bad condition, vehicles with low ground clearances will have difficulty in passing it
Old 13th November 2008, 21:39   #5
BHPian

atkraju, There is a thread on NICE road queries http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...bangalore.html - please post your query there.

Mods, you may want to merge this thread with the above one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks