Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 12:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

For Hydrabad Mahabaleshwar, i will suggest

hyd-solapur-take nh9 toward pune-mohol-tembhurni-indapur-turn left toward baramati-baramati-nira-lonand-turn right to paragaon khandala-pargaon khandala-take nh4 toward kolhapur-cross khambatki ghat-surul-turn right at surul toward wai-wai-panchagani-mahabaleshwar.

This is very good road. I always ply on this road from Baramati to M'shwar.
on this route, Solapur indapur is 110km, Indapur to M'shwar is 175 km.
THIS IS TOTALLY SAFE ROUTE.
You need not go to pune. You will reach Mahabaleshwar at same time instead you go pune.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 25th July 2008 at 12:17.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:05   #32
BHPian

guys, my relatives are travelling to mahabaleshwar from hyderabad. Can anybody post the the best route taking in to account the latest road situation.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:50   #33
BHPian

Guys, I must say that I know one decent route as well for Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar. After reaching Solapur via NH 9, take SH 3 and reach Miraj. The road is pretty decent all along and safe as well. From Miraj, you have two choices, either go to Peth Naka or go to Shiroli Phata. This second option means going towards Kolhapur from Miraj but taking the earliest turn on to NH 4. You won't have to enter Kolhapur. Then proceed to Satara from Peth Naka or Shiroli Phata via NH 4. After crossing Satara, you will get Wai Phata. Take left and reach safely and swiftly
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
guys, my relatives are travelling to mahabaleshwar from hyderabad. Can anybody post the the best route taking in to account the latest road situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Guys, I must say that I know one decent route as well for Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar. After reaching Solapur via NH 9, take SH 3 and reach Miraj. The road is pretty decent all along and safe as well. From Miraj, you have two choices, either go to Peth Naka or go to Shiroli Phata. This second option means going towards Kolhapur from Miraj but taking the earliest turn on to NH 4. You won't have to enter Kolhapur. Then proceed to Satara from Peth Naka or Shiroli Phata via NH 4. After crossing Satara, you will get Wai Phata. Take left and reach safely and swiftly
@AKADIAN,
though the route suggested by you is good in terms of quality of track, the route is much longer compared to the current best route of

hyd-solapur-nh9-mohol-pandharpur-mhaswad-gondawale-satara-medha-mahabaleshwar.
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@AKADIAN,
though the route suggested by you is good in terms of quality of track, the route is much longer compared to the current best route of

hyd-solapur-nh9-mohol-pandharpur-mhaswad-gondawale-satara-medha-mahabaleshwar.
Hi Ashish,

I agree with you. The distance from Solapur to Mahabaleshwar via Miraj and Peth Naka is 362 kms, whereas solapur-mhaswad-mahabaleshwar is 295 kms. The route I have suggested is longer by around 65-75 kms. I fully agree with you on this issue but as you said the track quality is good.

Regards
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:31   #36
BHPian

thanks ashish, @akadian. they have decided to take the short and tested route hyd-solapur-nh9-mohol-pandharpur-mhaswad-gondawale-satara-medha-mahabaleshwar.
Old 26th April 2010, 10:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
thanks ashish, @akadian. they have decided to take the short and tested route hyd-solapur-nh9-mohol-pandharpur-mhaswad-gondawale-satara-medha-mahabaleshwar.
That is nice. Do update us all about your experience with the road as well as the journey once it is complete. Have a cool and safe trip

Best
Old 4th October 2010, 10:16   #38
BHPian

Hyderabad to pune via mahabaleshwar

Hi guys,
I need suggestions regarding road trip form hyderabad to Pune via mahabaleshwar from 9-16 oct 2010.

1: planned route from Hyderabad to pune.
Hyderabad --> Solapur -->pandharpur -->satara -->Mahabaleshwar -->pune -->lonavala

2: return route from Lonavala to Hyderabad.
Lonavala -->pune -->solapur--hyderabad.

Since we have planned a leisure trip, we will be stopping at all important places en-route.
I am traveling with family of 2+1 and need suggestions for the stay.

I am mostly concerned about the road condition from
Solapur -->pandharpur -->satara -->Mahabaleshwar.
Old 4th October 2010, 10:44   #39
BHPian

I had done this route couple of years back. See my review of the route at:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...d-goa-oct.html

Not sure about the recent conditions though...
Old 4th October 2010, 11:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

You need to be concerned about the route till Solapur as well!!Its pretty bad at the moment especially between Zaheerabad & Solapur.

Coming back,I would recco that you come via Baramati and reach Indapur,roads all over are bad esp with NH9 being heavily potholed.The only place of interest between Hyd & Solapur is the Naldurg fort.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:12   #41

Re: Need Help for my trip to Mahabaleshwar from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You need to be concerned about the route till Solapur as well!!Its pretty bad at the moment especially between Zaheerabad & Solapur.

Coming back,I would recco that you come via Baramati and reach Indapur,roads all over are bad esp with NH9 being heavily potholed.The only place of interest between Hyd & Solapur is the Naldurg fort.
Hi All,

I am planning to travel from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar early next week. It would be great if I could get the latest info on the condition of the road. I am planning to go on the following route

Hyderabad - Solapur - Pandharpur - Satara - Mahabelshwar.

Please send in your updates.

Thanks,
Prasant.
Old 10th January 2011, 20:49   #42
BHPian

I did this route twice.

First in Dec'09 Hyd to Mahabaleshwar, bad patches after Pandharpur till Satara. Return journey was via pune.

Second in Oct'10, this was also only one way but this time it was Mahabaleshwar to Hyd, road conditions were better this time between satara and Pandharpur.
Old 22nd October 2012, 15:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Looks very decent. Thank you for the inputs.

Any idea about the road condition from Mahabaleshwar to Goa?
Take the NH4 route.Come back to Satara and then go via Kolhapur-Nipani-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Mapusa-Candolim.Should be at Candolim in around 7-8hrs.Mahabaleshwar to Satara is two laned.Satara to Tawandi Ghat is 4laned.Tawandi-Goa is two laned.

The NH17 route is broken at places and is two laned,hence would take more time.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...ra=ls&t=m&z=11
Old 22nd October 2012, 15:40   #44
BHPian

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Take the NH4 route.Come back to Satara and then go via Kolhapur-Nipani-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Mapusa-Candolim.Should be at Candolim in around 7-8hrs.Mahabaleshwar to Satara is two laned.Satara to Tawandi Ghat is 4laned.Tawandi-Goa is two laned.

The NH17 route is broken at places and is two laned,hence would take more time.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...ra=ls&t=m&z=11
Yea, I was checking the maps and was confused which route to opt. Thanks for the inputs. I will be sticking to the NH4.

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2012 at 11:15. Reason: Adding link to another thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks