Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 10:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Oh how it poured today . I wonder if it will keep up the rest of this week

santosh, when will you be here ?

my luck- it did not pour all this time... GreenHorn - I am leaving wed eve and hope to hit Palakkad by early morning 3 and then onto Tvm...
Old 16th July 2008, 13:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

Hi santosh,

> Ok I wil look out for that - whats the fork - like a Y split in the road? Got
> some names for the 1st and 2nd?

It is a Y split where the road branches off in an angle to the right. This is immediately after a place called Parippally.

The second is called Kallambalam junction, fairly big.

The latter is the better route according to my friend in Kollam. The road is better.

All the best for the drive!
Old 16th July 2008, 15:08   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi Santosh,

It is blazing sun today so far! It is hot and humid!

All the best for a safe journey!
Old 16th July 2008, 16:28   #64
Senior - BHPian

ok... thx for the last min update. I really appreciate the SMS last night too...
Old 17th July 2008, 19:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

> I will leave blore by 6 in the eve and rush to coimb by 3 in the morn (have
> done that earlier), hope to clear walayar and exit palakad by 5AM. Please
> give me a ballpark on rough hours by a SAFE driver across these towns till
> varakala.

Santosh left Bangalore yesterday at 7PM and reached Varkala at (AM today morning.

That must be some driving he did through the night!

We talked at 4 in the evening briefly. He is not connected to the world through his mobile when he is at the resort!
Old 18th July 2008, 00:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hai Trrk

Hai,

Just reached Palakked today 11 AM, had to rush today morning for some personal work, on leave for 4 days, till Sunday here.

I would be in Cochin on Saturday night at Palarivattom @ Cousin's house, have an Alto of a friend at my disposal, he picked me up from CBE airport and gave me the car till sunday, will drop me again @ CBE on Sunday.

The road from CBE till Walayar, Kerala Border is pretty good, from there its patched up till Chandranagar, still OK. From there the Bypass is pretty bumpy, will give updates on NH47, Saturday when I do the Vadakancherry Cochin stretch.

Are you somewhere in the viciniety of my travel, we can catch up maybe for dinner on Saturday night @ Cochin? We missed each other last time on my trip by a whisker

It was blazing in CBE today morning, it drizzled for 2 hours from 4-5, otherwhise NO RAINS in Palakkad.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi folks,

> I will leave blore by 6 in the eve and rush to coimb by 3 in the morn (have
> done that earlier), hope to clear walayar and exit palakad by 5AM. Please
> give me a ballpark on rough hours by a SAFE driver across these towns till
> varakala.

Santosh left Bangalore yesterday at 7PM and reached Varkala at (AM today morning.

That must be some driving he did through the night!

We talked at 4 in the evening briefly. He is not connected to the world through his mobile when he is at the resort!

Last edited by ramkya1 : 18th July 2008 at 00:25.
Old 20th July 2008, 09:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh - thx for the update to the guys here... yeah, working a whole day and starting at 7Pm electronic city, bangalore, and reaching Varkala Railway station 9 AM Next day was Ardous... Only to find no phones, internet and TV too... wow what a way to spend 4 days in Kerala... Please wait for a simple and informative travelouge - TOOOO tired now, just came back a hour ago...

Rajesh - cldnt callup and meet you yesterday bcoz there was commotion all over Kerala strday...some communist Vs Congress processions and Road Roko in Allepy... So i did not want to Risk it and tried my best to run outta trouble.... I got stuck over a hour in Karunagapally Jn - some bikes broken and lots of shattered glass all over... (sorry, will meet up in near future... planning Club Mahindra Ashtamudi - Kollam next month
Old 20th July 2008, 19:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hi santosh,

> Rajesh - thx for the update to the guys here

No sweat!

> Rajesh - cldnt callup and meet you yesterday bcoz there was commotion all

That is fine! Lucky you did not have to face any harthals!

> (sorry, will meet up in near future... planning Club Mahindra Ashtamudi - Kollam > next month

Well! well! well! So you are not finished with Kerala yet!

There was a mini meet at Cochin with Ramki (who posted a couple of messages back) and others between 7.30PM and 9.30PM.

Glad to know that your journeys were incident free!
Old 21st July 2008, 11:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Incident free - yes, but very very thirsty for some more kerala get-a-ways... very very interesting place and only a night away from blore. so next target is ashtamudi and after a few months would be north of cochin - lets say kozhikode (english??) and cannanore - wayanad etc etc...

I was in cochin all afternoon for a BIG break before the night drive, went to marine drive and around the harbour, will detail it in a few days in travelouge's...
Old 28th August 2008, 18:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh & other friends - I did not want to start a new thread....

Same state, same route, but I stop a hour or 2 before TVM, this time to Kollam. Am driving with better half to Kollam on 5th sep and back on 8th. Club Manindra - Ashtamudi this time - hope to have a good trip.

Rajesh - while passing thru Allepy - i will meet you this time. Sorry to have missed last time, wasnt a good atmosphere...

Any updates for me on the Rains (ITS FLOODING in blore, hope to drive, not sail!!)

Roads conditions? Wouldnt be nice to drive on the moon!!!
Old 29th August 2008, 12:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Rajesh - while passing thru Allepy - i will meet you this time.

God willing!

> Any updates for me on the Rains (ITS FLOODING in blore, hope to drive,
> not sail!!)

It was a deficient rainfall here. Last rain it did rain a little. But right now it is like April or May with sun in its full glory.

> Roads conditions? Wouldnt be nice to drive on the moon!!!

I have not ventured into the roads that you would be taking recently. But my people did go to Trivandrum about 10 days back.

There is a bad patch about 10 to 15 kms from Kollam. The road surface is slightly broken in the roads right out of Alleppey towards Kollam. In these parts it is not very bad.
Old 29th August 2008, 18:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

HI Santosh,

You may have already seen this. If you have not, take a look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tml#post958238
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:47   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
God willing!

It was a deficient rainfall here. Last rain it did rain a little. But right now it is like April or May with sun in its full glory.

There is a bad patch about 10 to 15 kms from Kollam. The road surface is slightly broken in the roads right out of Alleppey towards Kollam. In these parts it is not very bad.
> Yeah, I will reach Allpey same time like last around 8-9AM, i will call you and meet up... still xxxx 1774 right?

>> hmmm..wow kerala in sun..

>>> do you know where is Club Mahindra Ashtamudi Kollam? Any of your friends been there... the clock tower is itself confusing... now I need to find my way around that city!!!
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hi Santosh,

> I will reach Allpey same time like last around 8-9AM, i will call you and meet
> up... still xxxx 1774 right?

The phone number is right. You will be in Alleppey on the 5th morning or 6th morning.

>> hmmm..wow kerala in sun..

You should be having sunny days. When the Sun God shines, he does it properly here.

>>> do you know where is Club Mahindra Ashtamudi Kollam?

I do have an idea as to where it is.

> Any of your friends been there...

Did you know - most of my friends are either unseen net friends or are mostly in Karnataka and other states?

> the clock tower is itself confusing. now I need to find my way around that > city

Unless you have a need to do that, you need not bother about the clock tower or the city. The resort is to the north of that place and so you don't have to go upto Kollam.

Will let you know the exact turnoff after getting it from a friend in Kollam.
Old 2nd September 2008, 21:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

1) Leaving 4th night, reaching 5th morning
2) i know, got burnt in kovalam last month
3) yep - 'God Google Map' showed me the 'north' factor, i am more than happy to avoid the 'clock' town.

any inputs helpful as to reach the resort....

-----------EDIT--------------

Ok, called CM Ashtamudi and got to know the directions - any more detailing will be appreaciated

Driving down from Allepy to Kollam - just before Neendakara Jn (bridge) there is a Vettuthara Jn, take a left - then reach DhalavaPuram - cross it to - ThekumBhagam - then reach Nadayakavu - this is the village of CM Ashtamudi.

Last edited by svsantosh : 2nd September 2008 at 21:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks