Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 22:33   #31
BHPian

As i say, it's the metallic bonding that binds the bhpians together

Cheers!
M2S

PS: Rehaan - That picture did look awesome.
Old 12th July 2008, 18:23   #32
Team-BHP Support

lakshu

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
August is not really the best time to visit. Some may argue othewise but here is my reasoning
a) You being on your honeymoon would not find a soul around. Considering that August is still considered to be a "monsoon" time here in India, flight delays, frequent connections and lack of comfortable transports, is something I would not recommend for a honeymoon. For a holiday, definately but not for a honeymoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Lakshdweep in the middle of monsoon season is a bad idea. Please find out more about that before making the bookings.
Yes, you guys're probably right about the monsoon havoc. I was there in February, which was a good time to go, but the rains will make life diffcult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed
b) The flight from Cochin to Aggati is a 1 hour deafener flight and should you not love your wife or your life, do take her on that. I almost got thrown out of the donnier by my better half as the noise was simply too much and at the end of the flight, our ears were hurting. Not sure if you would want to start your honeymoon like that.
Hey! It's not that bad - my wife and I quite enjoyed it!
Old 12th July 2008, 23:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Hey! It's not that bad - my wife and I quite enjoyed it!
indeed. You're probably right, leaving aside the deafening noise, the very very very expensive flight, hardly any space inside, the solitary cabin crew handing over the service tray to pick up a toffee, it's not that bad

Jokes apart, the only part that i really really loved,
1 - the cabin. You could see the inside with the pilots and the controls and stuff.
2 - just before you're about to land, the pilot circles around and the view of the island from the top, it's just breathtaking. There's this tiny airstrip and you think where the hell is this bugger goin to land and when you do land you look around, it's like heaven.
Here's a picture that I took on the way back. For this very reason, I would go back for a holiday. Couldn't really move around freely last time around as Sonia Ghandhi was also having a holiday there with Rahul, so were quite a few restrictions. And then, there's scuba as well.
Mauritius or Seychelles In Month of August ?-picture-385.jpg
Mauritius or Seychelles In Month of August ?-picture-387.jpg

Yours truly
M2S
Old 13th July 2008, 00:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Very reminiscent of langkawi.

Something tells me flying from delhi to langkawi at around 23-24k is just as expensive for a return trip to agatti how much would it be?

and langkawi is similar beaches with duty free shopping
Old 13th July 2008, 04:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

because you are on your honeymoon, here is a muft ka advice. you have years for sightseeing and see tourist destinations.

take these 10 days only for honeymoon. save the sightseeing for later. which also means you do not need to look for operators. if you want to go to seychelles, just book a place and go.
Old 13th July 2008, 08:29   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
...Thank You so much man ...I mean searching for the photographs then posting them here ... Thank You
My pleasure prashant. Its too bad i do not have any pics of Mauritius with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
...You mentioned about driving around in Mauritius... Can we rent a Car/Bike there ? Do we need an International License for it ?
Can you Please share you experience about Mauritius in bit detail.
As i mentioned, my trip there was a long time back and i dont really remember much!
I dont know about car rentals - but im sure you could find some info on the net.

More details... mmm... will peice together a few random things i remember >

We stayed at a hotel about 30 mins from the airport. There were a lot of golf courses around?
I think there were more opportunities for watersports in Mauritius (sailing, banana boat, water skiing, windsurfing, jet skiing, para sailing) as compared to the Maldives (just jet-skiing and spectacular snorkelling / diving) - atleat at the places i stayed.

We did go on a glass-bottom boat ride and saw some cool fishes. There was para sailing too - except i was expected to land on a floating platform in the ocean (instead of being reeled in onto the boat the easy way) - naturally i missed and ended up in the ocean.
I also took some water skiing classes, i did okay but swallowed a lot of water so didnt continue

The food was quite tasty. Creole cooking.

On the days that we left the resort, one time we went to some tourist attraction that was something like "area with the 5 colored sands" ? ... and some botanical garden.
The other day we went to the capital city - Port Louis for lunch.

Im sorry but thats really all i can pull together from my memory!

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks