Team-BHP - Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/44823-hyderabad-bangalore-route-queries-13.html)

Thanks a lot for the update on the entire stretch, prince. It is nice to know that you also liked the part of NH7 close to Hyd. I agree that it is similar to the good NH4 portions

Did this route(BLR-HYD-BLR) last weekend. Covered close to 1200 kms in 36 kms with a nights rest in between. I must say the roads from Hyderabad are a absolute delight to drive on. Same goes for roads from Nandi Hills onwards. Only problem is the Anantapur division of the NH7. It is still under construction and in pathetic condition compared to other sections. The Anantapur division needs to buck up and finish the work quickly. I covered the one way distance in approx 9-10 hours with a break of arnd 45 mins in between.

Hi!

Has anyone travelled to Bangalore from Hyd or the reverse way in the last 5 days ?

The road is supposedly blocked in/ around anantapur, Gooty and beyond towards Hyd.

On the brighter side, Chikaballapur Bypass is open, so that saves some hassle of having to drive thru the town!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 1642809)
Hi!

Has anyone travelled to Bangalore from Hyd or the reverse way in the last 5 days ?

The road is supposedly blocked in/ around anantapur, Gooty and beyond towards Hyd.

On the brighter side, Chikaballapur Bypass is open, so that saves some hassle of having to drive thru the town!

I am waiting for this update too as I have to make a trip to Calicut via Bangalore and Mysore on 23rd. I have been trying to get updates on all kinds of news/info sources available, but am not able to get a feel on the actual situation on the ground.

Looks like there is a 48 hrs bandh going on, and somehow the situation doesnt seem to be improving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigzero (Post 1642935)
I am waiting for this update too as I have to make a trip to Calicut via Bangalore and Mysore on 23rd. I have been trying to get updates on all kinds of news/info sources available, but am not able to get a feel on the actual situation on the ground.

Looks like there is a 48 hrs bandh going on, and somehow the situation doesnt seem to be improving.

If your trip is an absolute must, then take Raichur->Hospet->Tumkur->Bangalore->onwards..

or find out if there's a way to get to Mysore from Hospet.

This is assuming that there's no rasta roko going on in Mahbubnagar dist. You have to take a right at Jadcherla to go towards Raichur.

FYI. I've not travelled this route in the last month, so cannot vouch if there are road blocks or no.

rgds
Srini

Good to hear Chikaballapur Bypass is open, will be saving 10-15mins.

I read in today's newspaper that NH7 was blocked at multiple places - near Kurnool as well as Gooty from 9am to 5pm. There's also a district bandh planned today (22nd) so this road might get blocked again. Am planning to drive down on 24th from Hyderabad - plan is leave by 2pm and reach Bangalore before midnight. Am thinking it'll be 5pm by the time I cross the "Telengana" districts per se, so should not face any roadblocks. Though the traffic might increase exponentially after the blockade is removed.

Anyone did this route in the last few days and can throw some light please?

PS: Am planning to test waters with my newly acquired 2005 Elantra CRDi - anyone wishing to tag on, pl PM me!

This might be of some interest to people travelling along NH7 in the coming days.

Times of India Publications

Quote:

Originally Posted by smsrini (Post 1643586)
If your trip is an absolute must, then take Raichur->Hospet->Tumkur->Bangalore->onwards..

Can someone tell me this route's distance, road conditions and approx time it would take pls?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by KESriram (Post 1645821)
Can someone tell me this route's distance, road conditions and approx time it would take pls?

Thanks

from:bangalore, india to:NH 13 to:Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - Google Maps

As I understand, off NH7, all the way upto Hospet may be bad roads, but after Hospet, its decent, and Chitradurga-Blr is excellent, part of GQ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KESriram (Post 1645664)
Am planning to drive down on 24th from Hyderabad - plan is leave by 2pm and reach Bangalore before midnight.

You can consider NH 7 only leaving Hyderabad by 9 pm in the night and reach Bangalore early in the morning provided you enjoy driving in the night and your car is in good condition. I usually drive to and fro Chennai during night only as the trouble-makers will be usually indoors during the late night/early morning making the road a safe place to travel.

My cousin left Hyderabad to Banglore around 5.15am today morning so far so good no road blocks he was crossing Penukonda around 2pm.

I spoke to my cousin who did the HYDERABAD-BANGLORE today he said he was stuck in a traffic jam near Goothy for about 40mins due road blockade.He left Hyd 5.15am reached Banglore 5.00pm. He is on the long drive for the first time he was happy with the road conditions but yet to update between Kurnool and Penukonda.

Thanks gajadonga - this is good news and encouraging!

I travelled from HYD to BLORE on the 18th December. Started at 5pm from HYD and reached BLORE at 1am. Didn't have any roadblocks as I was travelling in the night.

Try to avoid day drives to avoid road blocks. The 4 lane road from HYD to Kurnool is done including the Tungrabhadra bridge. Its now only 2.15min drive. From Kurnool to Ananthpur and till 10kms before Bagepally the roads have to be done. You can still do 100 on these roads.

From Bagepally to BLORE the 4 lane is all open. Beware of road humps from Bagepally to BLORE