Team-BHP - Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/44823-hyderabad-bangalore-route-queries-63.html)

Returned back from Srirangam via Bangalore no hassles in the night drive.
The traffic was quite high.
Early morning and late night drives seems to be a good option.
Crossed Devanahalli 9.30pm arrived Hyderabad 3am.

Thanks for the info guys!

I decided to take NH7 and made it in around 7 hours! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajadonga (Post 3265738)
Returned back from Srirangam via Bangalore no hassles in the night drive.
The traffic was quite high.
Early morning and late night drives seems to be a good option.
Crossed Devanahalli 9.30pm arrived Hyderabad 3am.

Where was the traffic dense? Between Srirangam and BLR, or after BLR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3268293)

Where was the traffic dense? Between Srirangam and BLR, or after BLR?

Traffic was as usual between Salem- Hosur. Took about 20mins to cross Krishnagiri toll.Usually after*10pm*the traffic between Chikaballapur and Kurnool will be a littleless *but on the day I traveled the traffic was quite high.From Kurnool to Hyderabad it is the usual traffic any time during the night.Problem quite a few accelerations and sudden brakings with some lane switching maneuvers due to the lorries

Did Hyd-Bangalore yesterday. Started at 3:20 pm from ORR exit, reached Devanahalli at 11:30 pm with several breaks in between. Did not face any problems anywhere.

drove down from coorg yesterday, crossed devanahalli Airport at 4.30 pm and reached hyd airport at 11.15pm , kept good speed till shad nagar and there on had to slow a bit due to heavy rains .

A really tragic incident occurred this morning on Bangalore-Hyderabad highway. 45 people were feared killed when the Volvo bus in which they were travelling caught fire after the bus hit the road divider 110 kms from Hyderabad.:Shockked:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/24915158.cms

Mods : Pl move the post to the relevant thread, just noticed this incident was also reported under accident in pics thread too.

I am planning to drive to Hyderabad tomorrow morning.If anyone wants to tag along, he is more than welcome.

Waseem.

I am planning BLR - HYD with a 3 yr kid starting 5am on 7th Nov. What are suggested places for some breaks along the way, say for breakfast and snacks?

Do I expect some telengana agitation en route?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist (Post 3282599)
I am planning BLR - HYD with a 3 yr kid starting 5am on 7th Nov. What are suggested places for some breaks along the way, say for breakfast and snacks?

There is Kamat Upachar Restaurant at Chikballapur you can have breakfast here, you can consider stopping at Kurnool for another break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist (Post 3282599)
Do I expect some telengana agitation en route?

There is no agitation now any where en-route. Have a safe Journey:thumbs up

Thank you for the suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer8 (Post 3283128)
..There is no agitation now any where en-route. Have a safe Journey:thumbs up

Thers is a plan to block highways on 6th and/or 7th Nov 2013. Remember seeing a scroll in tv today. Keep a watch on the news. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 3283303)
Thers is a plan to block highways on 6th and/or 7th Nov 2013. Remember seeing a scroll in tv today. Keep a watch on the news. Thanks.

Haven't seen/heard any such news now, can you confirm which news channel was airing this? There is an all party meet scheduled in the next couple of days with the GoM to discuss the T issue. I therefore don't foresee any such blockage as of now since representations are being put forth before them for talks.

This is as per the agitation planl/schedule prepared by APNGO team. Don't remember exactly where I saw it. Will confirm if I see again. Thanks.

Is there an update on this agitation? Today is 6, so if their plans are per schedule some road-roko should've happened today, right. Is there any specific newspaper or TV channel that has updates.