Team-BHP - Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/44823-hyderabad-bangalore-route-queries-65.html)

1. Also there is Basara which is almost 250 km away from Hyderabad which has Devi Saraswati temple. I heard this is the place where the great epic Mahabarath is written.

2. One more place of interest would be Keesara which is near by Hyderabad but is on a hill. It was been told that this hill top has almost 1 crore Shiva lingas. You can venture out to this place but you need to be careful of Monkeys.

3. While you are visiting the Ramoji film city you can plan for Sanghi temple too.

Thanks,
Ravikumar N

Within Hyderabad, I will certainly recommend Ramoji Film City, especially if you have kids with you. But I takes almost entire day for Ramoji Film city visit.

Another interesting place in Hyderabad is Salar Jung Museum. It has a very good collection of paintings, ceramics, metallic artefacts, carpets, clocks, guns & other ammunations.

Also Golconda fort is a must go place during afternoon as that you can see the light & sound show there after the sunset.

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjubp (Post 3307925)
Planning for Bangalore to Hyderabad trip for a week. Please do let me know what the must places to be visited on the way to HYD and in HYD.

You can also visit Lepakshi on the way, turn off is few Km after the Karnataka border on entering Andhra side. Look up some of the travelogues of this place, worth a visit on onward or return journey.

Folks any new updates on this route? I'm leving to Bangalore on Friday Morning. I understand the protests and rasta roko attempts have come up again in Anantapur?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus (Post 3316157)
Folks any new updates on this route? I'm leving to Bangalore on Friday Morning. I understand the protests and rasta roko attempts have come up again in Anantapur?

Covered the stretch on 4th Dec 2013. Mostly good roads throughout. No road blocks. Was not impressed by the food joints though. 3:00 PM exited from HYD ORR (exit 16 or so), and reached Bangalore airport by 9:00 PM. Vehicle was Honda Jazz.

Hi Friends.. this is my first post in TeamBHP..

I am going on a road trip from Cochin-Hyderabad, halting at Bangalore on 20th night and starting the next day morning to Hyderabad, In the return direction I plan to do Hyderabad -Cochin in a single day (starting on 24th December) with a brief halt at Lepakshi.

How is the route from Hyderabad-Lepakshi-Cochin and is it possible to by-pass Bangalore in the return direction? One more important query- are there any speed cameras en route as the four lane roads in my state are filled with cameras. :Frustrati

Thanks,
Isaac

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL07 (Post 3317607)

In the return direction I plan to do Hyderabad -Cochin in a single day (starting on 24th December) with a brief halt at Lepakshi.

How is the route from Hyderabad-Lepakshi-Cochin and is it possible to by-pass Bangalore in the return direction? One more important query- are there any speed cameras en route as the four lane roads in my state are filled with cameras. :Frustrati

Thanks,
Isaac

Hyd-Cochin via Lepakshi is going to be a real long haul.If you are ready to drive close to 24hrs in one stretch with time taken for breaks,then ok,else its going to be tough imho.Hyd-Lepakshi:6-7hrs /Hosur-Kochi:9hrs / Lepakshi-Hosur:3-3.5hrs

http://goo.gl/maps/pjYuh

Its better that you come back to NH7 from Lepakshi and then drive via Devanahalli-Hosakote-Malur-Hosur to join NH7 at Hosur directly.Budget for 2hrs to reach Hosur from Devanahalli.

Quote:

Hi Isaac,
As Ranjit mentioned it is going to be a long drive.
Regarding Lepakshi, while coming from HYD you need to take right. You can see lots of trucks parked over here, I guess there is an RTO check-post at this place. Also, there is an APTDC restaurant at this junction, we had lunch during our trip from here and it was descent.

Once you cross Devanahalli (in case you are not taking NH 207) you can come across speed cameras, do remember speed limit in Bangalore city is 60KMPH for LMV's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3317827)
Hyd-Cochin via Lepakshi is going to be a real long haul.If you are ready to drive close to 24hrs in one stretch with time taken for breaks,then ok,else its going to be tough imho.Hyd-Lepakshi:6-7hrs /Hosur-Kochi:9hrs / Lepakshi-Hosur:3-3.5hrs

http://goo.gl/maps/pjYuh

Its better that you come back to NH7 from Lepakshi and then drive via Devanahalli-Hosakote-Malur-Hosur to join NH7 at Hosur directly.Budget for 2hrs to reach Hosur from Devanahalli.

Thank you very much ranjit... would you suggest the Devanahalli-Hoskote-Kadugodi-Whitefield-Sarjapur-Attibelle route? My preference being good roads, and a faster commute so that I can reach home at the earliest.. :)

Quote:

I am going on a road trip from Cochin-Hyderabad, halting at Bangalore on 20th night and starting the next day morning to Hyderabad, In the return direction I plan to do Hyderabad -Cochin in a single day (starting on 24th December) with a brief halt at Lepakshi.

Even if you skip, Leapkshi, I would say driving one shot is a real long one. Maybe visit Lepakashi, hole out in Bangalore outskirts or Hosur for the night and start early next day.

Best would be Hyd-Lepakshi-Devanahalli-NH207 (Hoskote-Sarjapur-Baglur)-Hosur. And halt in Hosur. There are decent places.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpksuhas (Post 3317839)
Hi Isaac,
As Ranjit mentioned it is going to be a long drive.
Regarding Lepakshi, while coming from HYD you need to take right. You can see lots of trucks parked over here, I guess there is an RTO check-post at this place. Also, there is an APTDC restaurant at this junction, we had lunch during our trip from here and it was descent.

Once you cross Devanahalli (in case you are not taking NH 207) you can come across speed cameras, do remember speed limit in Bangalore city is 60KMPH for LMV's.

thank you suhas :) that makes me proud of my home state where the limit is 70kmph .. are there good restaurants and petrol bunks on the Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3317968)
Best would be Hyd-Lepakshi-Devanahalli-NH207 (Hoskote-Sarjapur-Baglur)-Hosur. And halt in Hosur. There are decent places.

Thank you ampere :) i am definitely thinking about taking a break at Hosur. How are the road conditions on NH 207 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL07 (Post 3317969)
are there good restaurants and petrol bunks on the Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway ?

Plenty of petrol pumps,no place to eat enroute.Best is to pack food from Hyd.Nothing of any worthy mention enroute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL07 (Post 3317963)
Thank you very much ranjit... would you suggest the Devanahalli-Hoskote-Kadugodi-Whitefield-Sarjapur-Attibelle route? My preference being good roads, and a faster commute so that I can reach home at the earliest.. :)

I wouldnt suggest the Sarjapur route as roads are bad and heavy traffic,especially around Forum Mall,Varthur Lake,Sarjapur etc are real bad.

I would suggest you go via Hosakote-Malur-Bagalur-Hosur.I heard the road has been done up between Malur and Hosur and is in good condition now.If you do want to go via Attibele,then I would suggest you take NH207 from Hosakote via Chikka Tirupati-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7.The road between Sai Baba Ashram @ Whitefield(Kadugodi) and Dommasandra is a waste of time imo.

Quote:

Hi Friends.. this is my first post in TeamBHP..

Thanks,
Isaac

I recently took Sarjapur - Bagalur - Berekai route to reach Shoolagiri on my way to Tanjavur. On word of caution - avoid Sarjapur town as there are no roads. Instead you can connect to Attibele using this route http://goo.gl/maps/c8Y8A Devanahalli - Hoskote - Sarjapur (take the exit when you enter Sarjapur) - Attibele - Hosur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KL07 (Post 3317969)
Thank you ampere :) i am definitely thinking about taking a break at Hosur. How are the road conditions on NH 207 ?

During day time, NH207 end to end is perfect. Very good roads all the way.

Devanahalli-Hoskote-Chikka Tirupathu-Sarjapur-Baglur-Hosur.

If its night, I won't advise. Its good road, but still better not to take risk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alokgunhal (Post 3318018)
I recently took Sarjapur - Bagalur - Berekai route to reach Shoolagiri on my way to Tanjavur. On word of caution - avoid Sarjapur town as there are no roads. Instead you can connect to Attibele using this route http://goo.gl/maps/c8Y8A Devanahalli - Hoskote - Sarjapur (take the exit when you enter Sarjapur) - Attibele - Hosur.

Alok, I think it may not make sense to go to Attibele. And that the Varthur road NH4 to Varthur is in shambles. end to end NH207 all the way to Hosur via Baglur is perfect. I thought you were suggesting the same. But the route link shows the Varthur road. Hence I though I would point it out.

Route Link

Hi all,

I'm planning a BLR-HYD trip on 20th Dec. Will let you know my experience once I reach HYD. I drove last year and didn't hear all the things I've been reading in the last few pages of this thread (road breakers, traffic, diversions....)

Leaving Bangalore by 5am on 20th. Hoping to reach by 2pm. Will update