Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2015, 12:59   #91
BHPian

Re: A Guide : The Great Indian DHABAs

2 great dhabas when going out from Mumbai

On the Mum-Ahd road - around 100km after the ghodbunder t point. Parsi Da Dhaba - The best egg preparations and keema you can find on that road

On the Thane-Nashik highway - Around 35 kms from the ghodbunder bridge (crossing at thane) is a punjabi treat called Oye Punjabi. Lip smacking parthas and amritsari kulchas with traditional brass glass chass
Old 19th June 2015, 19:04   #92
BHPian

Re: A Guide : The Great Indian DHABAs

Need suggestions for dhaba on Chandigarh - Ludhiana road, breakfast primarily
Old 29th December 2015, 08:46   #93
BHPian

Roadli - Finding restaurants and other business enroute

Many times on google map, it is very difficult to identify available restaurants en-route. Here is a solution, check out the website: www.road.li

It lists any type of business between the start and end point. For example, if you are looking for restaurants en-route, in the last search field put restaurant or food.
Old 28th November 2017, 17:55   #94
Senior - BHPian

Eateries NH7-NH47 (BLR-SALEM-THRISSUR)

Reactivating this thread with this post with the aim of consolidating all highway eateries across the country onto this one single thread.

A comprehensive listing of most of the important highway eateries on the NH7-NH47 (Bangalore - Salem - Thrissur) stretch as on May 2016.

https://goo.gl/DVGifV

It is a google sheet and hence anyone can modify the content by adding newer content.
Old 29th November 2017, 11:22   #95
BHPian

Re: Food joints / Restaurants / Dhabas on Indian Highways

I was travelling recently from Mumbai to Chiplun and took a break at Hotel Kapil Palace. This hotel is located bang on the highway. It is a very decent hotel (pure veg), very clean, hygienic, polite staff and of course delicious food. Highly recommended.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 23:37   #96
Senior - BHPian

Eateries on NH7(HYD-BLR-HYD)

Updated List of eateries on NH7 HYD-BLR-HYD section.Please feel free to keep the list updated.

https://goo.gl/zKhoZH
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 23:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

Re: Food joints / Restaurants / Dhabas on Indian Highways

Cafe Coffee Day has opened up at Gooty attached to the HP Pump after the Gooty Toll Gate in the BLR-HYD direction.

https://goo.gl/maps/ysCXj42w4UT2
ranjitp1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 21:41   #98
BHPian

Amazing Authentic Himachali Pahari Food Coupled with Breathtaking Views

Hi guys,

Apart from being an avid traveller, another thing that I really look forward to is good food. I am an out an out foodie and look forward to savoring delicacies of all kinds/ cuisines. But being a Himachali and having been born and brought up in Himachal, nothing comes close to Himachali Pahari food for me. The problem is, whilst I do get to savor Pahari food at home when mom is around, there aren't many places outside home which offer this cuisine. Not even in Himachal, where I spend considerable time during my various visits/ travelogues. You would find loads of Punjabi Dhabas in Himachal, but try finding a place that offers authentic local food.

Well, my quest for finding such a place came to an end a couple of years back. We were on a vacation in Naggar near Manali. Thats when we heard of this place called Jana. Its around 12 kms from Naggar, and is primarily famous for a waterfall.

However, the real hidden gem in this place is a "Mani Ram Dhaba". This dhaba offers Himachali food, and to be more precise, the local cuisine of Kullu Manali area. The cuisine even in Himachal varies significantly from Shimla to Mandi to Kangra to Chamba and so on. The place is run and managed by local village women, and the food prepared by these women is outstanding.

What sets apart the food here from elsewhere, is that all food ingredients(Brown rice, pulses, vegetables, spices) are sourced locally. And the food is prepared over wood fire using traditional pots & age old methods. What you get is 100% farm fresh meal comprising of Siddu, Rajmah, Makki ki roti/Sarson ka saag, local brown rice, Himachali kadhi(jhol), bichoo buti chutney, pear pickle. And yes food indeed is lip-smacking delicious.

And if you are lucky & arrive here when the waterfall is in full flow (around monsoons), then enjoy your meal with your feet soaked in water.

Last but not the least, the story of Jana is essentially the result of labour & enterprise of local man : Mani Ram. It was through his hard work that a small village in the wilderness which was visited by a few odd foreigners, became famous over the years through word of mouth publicity.
More about Mani Ram here : http://theoktravel.com/mani-ram-the-m...

Whats more, the drive up to Jana from Naggar is beautiful, and offers spectacular views of the snow covered Peer Panjal ranges. So its basically a double whammy, a beautiful drive culminating in amazing food.

I am attaching a video prepared by my brother during our visit to the place in Mar this year. It would give you a glimpse of the place, the food on offer as well as the drive to the place.

How to reach there : From Naggar village (located midway between Kullu & Manali), take the road leading to world famous Roerick Art gallery. Around 1 km away, a sharp uphill bend towards the left goes towards Jagatsukh castle/Roerick gallery. Here instead take the right turn heading towards Jana.

Last edited by nvldvr : 23rd March 2018 at 21:47. Reason: Deleting objectionable content
nvldvr is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks