Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Dharmastala Road Condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Folks, planning a bangalore-dharmastala trip. Any updated info on the road condition?
I have travelled by Shiradi couple of weeks back and its in a good condition. I have not gone inside for a while now(last october) but Roads till Dharmastala were good always(just that its narrow winding plus the cabs)
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:26   #17
BHPian

i did this route in March first week and i was pretty impressed with the road condition. Just make sure you're not driving at night in the ghat section.
Old 9th May 2012, 12:03   #18
BHPian

I did Kukke and Dharmasthala via Shiradi during March last week and the roads were good throughout.

We even drove to couple of temples one near Permanu, Belthangady and Shishila (off Kokkada) and the interior roads leading to these places were also superb, albeit it was single lane.
Old 9th May 2012, 20:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Folks, planning a bangalore-dharmastala trip. Any updated info on the road condition?
Just back, Simply the roads are in their best shape in last 4-5 years. Except between Channarayaptana and Hassan.
manjubp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 09:30   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Rohit Singh for sharing the following details:

Quote:
I was looking for a detailed note on driving to Dharmasthala from Bangalore but was not able to get the details . Thought of penning down what I found missing in my research when I was planning.

I started with my wife and 4 yr daughter from Bangalore at 12 pm on Friday in my Honda City (2013 model),petrol. Fuelled with shell super and N2 in tyres. It took me nearly 1:15 hrs to leave Bangalore, thanks to the traffic. On reaching Neelmangla flyover the drive was a breeze. Toll paid ₹20. Once the flyover is over, take immediate left and you will hit the Hassan toll road. It's a 4 lane road and driving on it is a breeze . Came across another 4 toll booths and paid some ₹167 as toll. Before reaching Hassan , just 7 km before take a left towards Belur and then to Mudigeere - kottigre- Ujire and Dharmasthala. Belur onwards the road is just two way but it's in good shape. I was easily maintaining a speed of 60. Charmadi Ghat road section is narrow but the road is in good condition and curves are not that blind. It took me some 6 hrs and 30 mins to reach Dharmasthala, a total distance of 335 kms. Average was about 16.5 kmpl while driving in the range of 60 - 80 kmph.

Stayed in Rajatdhari guest house there, AC rooms @₹800 per night. For dinner, came to Ujire about 8 km from Dharmasthala. Disha restaurant has AC sitting and good food.

Next day had Darshan in Manjunatha Swamy temple, had Prasadam and then returned to rest in the room.

A very good attraction is the Car Museum in Dharmasthala where you can see some good old cars dating from 1900 onwards.

Around 230 pm, left for Kukke Subramanyam temple. It's 52 km away, roads are very good going through dense forests...is really a scenic view.

While returning the next day to Bangalore, fuelled up at Indian oil at Dharmasthala itself.

Started at 8 AM in the morning back through the same course and tolls. Reached Bangalore at around 2 pm with 2 minor breaks. Speed maintained 60 - 80 kmph and mileage this time was 17.8 kmpl which is the best so far I have received with my City. On Ghat section of 20 km, it was about 30-40 kmph speed as this time the climb was there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks