Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2008, 11:42   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Dharmastala Road Condition

Hi,

I am plannig to drive from bangalore to dharmastala tonight. Can anyone point me to the road map for this drive. I guess there are 2 routes to reach dharmastala, one on Shiradi Ghat and the other on charmidi ghat. I assume monsoon would have already have an effect on the quality of the roads. Which road needs to be preferred. Which road would be smooth as 1 & half year old baby will be on board.

A route map would be really helpful. I know the route upto hassan, but from hassan there are 2 routes one via shiradi and the other via charmidi ghat, Road Map from hassan would be highly appreciated especially the twists and turns as I am not very familar on this route.

Google Map is not revealing the exact road map near to dharmastala.

Thanks in advance,
Prakash
Old 6th September 2008, 21:46   #2
BHPian

Go Via Shakaleshpur (Shiradi Ghat). Roads are ok but for few patches. Do not travel these places on the night due to lack of light and too much of rain / water flowing thru' the road.
I went thro' the road 3 weeks before and it's manageable during day time.

Hasan -> Sakaleshpur (via National Highway - 48 and Shiradi Ghat) -> Guntya gate (Checkpost) -> Dharmasthala
Old 17th September 2008, 17:50   #3
BHPian

I recently did Bangalore-Kukke, and roads till sakleshpur is good. The next 30+ Km till the Gundya (where we turn left to kukke) is bad. I guess it must be same till the place we turn off from NH-48 to Dharmasthala. Please update once you do this trip.
Old 17th September 2008, 20:15   #4
BHPian

any good hotel in Dharmastala?

Hi,
I heard Stream of Joy home stay is good. Any one has any contact #/ feedback. Is there any other good hotels availabe to stay?
Thanks in advance.
Old 4th March 2009, 13:56   #5

I did a Bangalore to Dhamastala recently on my Getz 1.1 GVS. The roads are pretty good untill Sakleshpur. The stretch after sakleshpur to gundya was really bad (some 35 km).Distance 301 Kms ( KR Puram to Dharmastala ). started at around 5.30 AM to avoid the city traffic, reached Dharmastala by 12.15 PM.

Route Onward : Bangalore > Nelamangala > Kunigal > Hassan > Sakleshpur >Gundya >Dharmastala. 301 Kms

Return : Dharmastala > Ujjire> Belur > Hassan > Nelamangala > Bangalore
345 Kms.

Shall Update Pic Shortly

Cheers!!!!
Old 4th March 2009, 17:31   #6

Hi Folks!!!

Some Pics from the sakleshpur -gundya stretch
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Dharmastala Road Condition-sakleshpur.jpg  

Bangalore to Dharmastala Road Condition-sakleshpur-2.jpg  

Old 5th March 2009, 12:51   #7

Hi

Hi

I would like to have recent update on Bangalore to Mangalore route. I am traveling on Saturday (7th Mar) to Managalore. So i would like to know which route is better. I have traveled through Shiradi in the month of Jan 2009 and condition was not good at that time. Also there was repairing work was going on. So i would like to have update on that. Same time would like to know about Bangalore - Mysore - Kushalnagar - Mangalore stretch

Looking forward for your views, information and help

Thanks
Old 29th April 2009, 23:04   #8

Hi

Which route did you took to Mangalore? thorugh Sakalespur - Gundya (Shiradi Ghat) route or via Coorg? If through Shiradi, how is the road now. Because, I am planning to drove down to Dharmastala day after tomorrow and wanted to know the road condition.

Thnaks,
Sunil
Old 4th May 2009, 15:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Similar thread exists,
Please check for the info on the BANGALORE - MANGALORE/UDUPI Road condition thread.
The road condition is good in Shiradi now.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:55   #10

Current Road Condition to Dharmasthala from Bangalore

Hello Bhp'ians,

Has any one done a recent trip by road from Bangalore to Dharmasthala? If yes please, please suggest the best route and the motorable condition of the same.

I have previously done this via Hassan-Sakleshpur-ShiradiGhat-D.Sthala, but heard that the shiradi ghat road is in bad shape :( despite repair works done.

i am planning to visit during mid july'09 and it would be raining in this part of the world during that time. So also a word or two about the slippery ghat section would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Vipes
Old 13th September 2009, 14:24   #11

BLR-Dharmasthala via mudigere

Hi, I am planning for Dharmasthala during last week of this month and was contemplating on taking this route :

BLR-Hassan-Belur-Mudigere-charmadi-Dharmasthala.

Is this feasible? I saw your reply under Bangalore to Dharmastala Road Condition posted on 4 may 09. When i check on Google map it shows the direction from belur to mudigere as via chikmagalur.

Total kms. 315

Kindly help.

Cheers!
Manju
Old 14th September 2009, 13:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yep take the above mentioned route. The road condition is good till Dharmasthala. From mid of Charmadi ghats road is rough.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:45   #13
BHPian

Hello,
I am planning for a trip to Subramanya/Dharmastala on the 25, 26 and 27 of december. Please let me know the best way to travel and the road conditions.
Old 9th December 2009, 13:51   #14
BHPian

Refer to

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-udupi-93.html
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Dharmastala Road Condition

Folks, planning a bangalore-dharmastala trip. Any updated info on the road condition?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks