Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2009, 12:21   #16
BHPian

Vadodara to Mumbai

i am planning to go mumbai from my home vadodara in my alto. i wanted to know what are the latest road conditions between vadodara-surat. i am planning to leave early from home so that i can avoid traffic. and can someone tell me the route from vadodara to mumbai ?
Old 19th February 2009, 14:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
i am planning to go mumbai from my home vadodara in my alto. i wanted to know what are the latest road conditions between vadodara-surat. i am planning to leave early from home so that i can avoid traffic. and can someone tell me the route from vadodara to mumbai ?
The route is pretty straight, NH8, look for boards towards, Ankleswar-Surat-Manor and Goadbandar. No way you'd miss it, its the only 4 track road around there, lots of road work going on till Surat and from there all 4 track.

--Ramky
-------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 19th February 2009 at 14:43.
Old 19th February 2009, 14:47   #18
BHPian

T

Thanks Ramkyji. so i think it will take lot of time for me to complete Vadodara-Surat route. after crossing surat i dont think there would be traffic and all.
Old 19th February 2009, 18:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
Thanks Ramkyji. so i think it will take lot of time for me to complete Vadodara-Surat route. after crossing surat i dont think there would be traffic and all.
David,

Not to worry; if you start early, say 5 am, you would take about 3-4 hours to reach Surat, if there is a traffic jam add 1-2 hours more. From Surat its a wide 4 track, so traffic is not a problem.

====
Old 20th February 2009, 12:15   #20
BHPian

Thank you so much for your guidance. M ready to move in couple of dayz.
Old 25th February 2009, 19:21   #21
BHPian

Lots of construction work going on the highway. Took me 3 hrs from Surat to Baroda on 20th. Return from Baroda on 21st took 5 hrs (inclusive of 40 mins halt at Bharuch Swaminarayan temple). The time wasted on the Baroda-Surat route was easily covered on Baroda Ahmedabad expressway, which took just 45 mins for the 92 Km stretch. Easy going on 140 Kph on the expressway.
Old 27th February 2009, 18:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horizon View Post
Lots of construction work going on the highway. Took me 3 hrs from Surat to Baroda on 20th. Return from Baroda on 21st took 5 hrs (inclusive of 40 mins halt at Bharuch Swaminarayan temple). The time wasted on the Baroda-Surat route was easily covered on Baroda Ahmedabad expressway, which took just 45 mins for the 92 Km stretch. Easy going on 140 Kph on the expressway.
Dark_horizon: You must've been flying on the expressway Nice to hear about the 3 hours, its one of the best times. Increasing reports of people doing it around 3-4 hours.

Todays TOI had an article on NHAI & on this section; said the Baroda-Surat 6 lane section would be fully open by July 09, wonder if all the bridges near Surat are complete.

The Surat -Manor, 6 laning is on, to be completed by 2011. Does this mean that one nightmare is over and another is going to start on this section?

--Ramky
========

Last edited by ramkya1 : 27th February 2009 at 18:42.
Old 28th February 2009, 00:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Dark_horizon: You must've been flying on the expressway Nice to hear about the 3 hours, its one of the best times. Increasing reports of people doing it around 3-4 hours.

Todays TOI had an article on NHAI & on this section; said the Baroda-Surat 6 lane section would be fully open by July 09, wonder if all the bridges near Surat are complete.

The Surat -Manor, 6 laning is on, to be completed by 2011. Does this mean that one nightmare is over and another is going to start on this section?

--Ramky
========

I doubt the flyovers near Surat will be completed by July. Regarding the 3 hrs from Surat to Baroda, it was actually a Sunday, and hence lesser traffic, thats what my relatives told me.
Old 28th February 2009, 09:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post

--Ramky
========
I have not seen any evidence of the 6-laning work in Surat-Manor. Wish it does not happen!

I think one of the 3 flyovers in Surat bypass may be completed by Jul 09, but of the other two, I am doubtful.

What is the state of completion of the 7 flyovers in Baroda bypass?
Worse are the 2 flyovers in Ankleshwar town.
Old 28th February 2009, 20:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I have not seen any evidence of the 6-laning work in Surat-Manor. Wish it does not happen!

I think one of the 3 flyovers in Surat bypass may be completed by Jul 09, but of the other two, I am doubtful.

What is the state of completion of the 7 flyovers in Baroda bypass?
Worse are the 2 flyovers in Ankleshwar town.
I also wonder if all the flyovers in Surat can be completed by July.

Here's a list of NHAI plans as per TOI 27th, page3, Col3.

4 laning on NH-6, 59 and 8a and 8d.
4 laning of hazira -Surat - MH border on nh6 - 210 kms
Wokks to start in the next 4-6 months on 210 kms stretch A'Bad- jabua
Khandla-Mundra 73 kms work to start
Jetpur-somnath - 127 kms feasibility study on to widen.
6 laning - Surat-Dahisar section will be finished by July 2011.
6 laning of Ahmedabad-baroda, Udaipur-Ahmedabad-, Gandhidham-Samakhialil are in various aproval stages, work will start soon.
Widening of express highway-A'bad-Baroda, 95 kms
Approx. Costs about 16,219 crores for Gujarat.
Most of these projects to be completed by 2015.

News does not look good as far as travel time in the immediate future is concerned, from past experience we know that this will increase drive time. In the long run, this sure is a great thing to happen. Only hope they would have sense to regulate the widening work without disturbing the flow of traffic on existing tracks.

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 28th February 2009 at 20:23.
Old 1st March 2009, 00:57   #26
BHPian

I attended Modi's speech in Surat on 21st, and he spoke about Congress not allocating funds fast for this project. So, Surat - Mumbai 6 lane track is indeed under consideration.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:24   #27
BHPian

i wish that it remains under consideration only. The only reason being the speed at which these projects are getting completed. The Surat work getting open by July 2009 is good news but the second project of Surat-Manor is something bad to hear. You are out of one hassle and find yourself tucked in another ??
Old 10th March 2009, 22:07   #28
BHPian

mumbai -Surat - Vadodara road condition

Hi all,

I just completer Mumbai - Vadodara - Mumbai trip on 5-6 March 09. I could see that at some places between Manor and Surat survey work was in progress for 6 Laning i could see lot of guys with their theodolites on the road. But there were no construction and journey till Surat was smooth. But therafter it was very painful. Though few stretches of completed 6 lanes have been open between Surat and vadodara, by progress of work it doesnt look like that fly overs are going to be ready before monsoon. It means that there is very remote possiblity of flyovers getting opened by July 2009. Though road stretches may be completed.

The biggest bottlenecks on the road between Surat - vadodara were these under construction flyovers with big traffic Jams. But hopefully journey will be very smooth once these are completed.
Old 26th March 2009, 15:18   #29

Just completed Baroda Surat run on 22nd March while returning from Nathdwara. Started from Baroda Bypass after ending of expressway at 1:00 am reached Surat bypass end at 4:00 am. Work on the Baroda bypass fly overs appears to have been completed though only two were operational the rest appear to be very near completion. Stretches of the Surat Baroda road where work has been completed were a pleasure to drive and there were no traffic jams at that time. However when going to Nathdwara a day earlier there were traffic jams at Ankleshwar and took nearly 4 1/2 hrs to reach expressway from Surat
Old 21st April 2009, 15:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a post last week that the Baroda BP overbridges are complete, that would save abouot 30 mts for sure.

Anyone drove on this section recently? What's the status of the 6 laning work and what about the bridges in Surat?

---

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks