Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 23:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Baroda - Surat Road Conditions - Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
HVK

Thanks for a pretty specific update - what would be the right time of the day to cross with minimal traffic - considering that this is a part of my drive which starts from Delhi - Shirdi and then Goa

DRIVEPASSION
As HVK said noon time is best to cross, traffic density would be lowest without office goers, school crows etc.,

I love the last lane (left last) on a 6 lane highway, with lumbering trucks and uncles driving at 50 KMPH on the right last lane there's little else you can do to get get to place fast, you need to be extra careful when you speed on the last left. Zalaps would probably like to strangle me for this line

--Ramky
======
Old 15th December 2011, 17:10   #62
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Need some BPCL fuel pumps on the Vadodara - Surat route and travel time if if expected time of start from Vadodara is 5 AM on a working day
Old 15th December 2011, 18:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Need some BPCL fuel pumps on the Vadodara - Surat route and travel time if if expected time of start from Vadodara is 5 AM on a working day
BPCL RETAIL OUTLETS- Bharuch
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 18:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Baroda-Surat should not take you more than 2 hours. Truck traffic is high and they are all over the 6-laned road.
Old 16th December 2011, 09:11   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Baroda-Surat should not take you more than 2 hours. Truck traffic is high and they are all over the 6-laned road.
Stay over at Baroda and to start from Baroda at 5 AM for shirdi - the Baroda - Surat road should take approx. 2 hours - what say?
Old 16th December 2011, 12:43   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Stay over at Baroda and to start from Baroda at 5 AM for shirdi - the Baroda - Surat road should take approx. 2 hours - what say?
Except for the Narmada bridge. Would suggest you to go through the Golden gate bridge (via Bharuch city - Ankleshwar city) if you know the roads, else stick to the main highway, but stay on the left most lane when you approach the Narmada bridge. Thankfully the car/2-3 wheeler traffic would be quite less in the morning, leaving that lane relatively clutter free.

Overall with a 80-110 kmph speed, and not more than 15 mins to cross the Narmada bridge, you should be able to do it just over 2 hours.
Old 16th December 2011, 12:46   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Except for the Narmada bridge. Would suggest you to go through the Golden gate bridge (via Bharuch city - Ankleshwar city) if you know the roads, else stick to the main highway, but stay on the left most lane when you approach the Narmada bridge. Thankfully the car/2-3 wheeler traffic would be quite less in the morning, leaving that lane relatively clutter free.

Overall with a 80-110 kmph speed, and not more than 15 mins to cross the Narmada bridge, you should be able to do it just over 2 hours.
Will it be any better if I start at 4 AM and also could you detail the route via Golden Bridge if Possible

Old 16th December 2011, 12:57   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will it be any better if I start at 4 AM and also could you detail the route via Golden Bridge if Possible

Honestly, I really doubt, as in the wee hours, you should only find trucks (on the Bharuch - Ankleshwar direction) as most of the other traffic would start late. If it's not a big deal, then leave earlier, else 5 a.m. should be good enough.

Attaching the google maps with the map directions.
Baroda - Surat Road Conditions - Updates-bharuch-ankleshwar.jpg
Quote:
Starting from SH 76
1 Head west on SH 76 toward way out gnfc
2 Slight left toward Old NH 8/SH 76
3 Turn right onto Old NH 8/SH 76
Continue to follow SH 76
Pass by Petrol Pump (on the right in 6.3 mi)
4 Turn right
5 Take the 1st left toward NH 8
6 Slight right onto NH 8
Destination will be on the left
Arriving at NH 8
Total: 17.1 km - about 23 mins
The good thing is the Golden Gate bridge should be relatively empty and the market on the Ankleshwar side (which you'll be passing through) would be empty too. Also by 6 a.m. (assuming you'll start by 5) there should be sufficient people on the roads in case you take a wrong turn or need directions/help.
Old 16th December 2011, 12:59   #69
BHPian

Quote:

NO it wont help either . My personal experience , its just lucky if you find the Narmada bridge congestion free , have tried early morning / late evenings / day time , NO LUCK !!

I would suggest take the Narmada bridge , stick on the left and keep driving through . The Golden bridge however is a better bet , but now a days even that is packed with too many people using it / driving directions for a first timer would be quite an effort and you might get lost .
Old 17th December 2011, 09:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
NO it wont help either . My personal experience , its just lucky if you find the Narmada bridge congestion free , have tried early morning / late evenings / day time , NO LUCK !!

I would suggest take the Narmada bridge , stick on the left and keep driving through . The Golden bridge however is a better bet , but now a days even that is packed with too many people using it / driving directions for a first timer would be quite an effort and you might get lost .
There is no slack time on the NH8 Bharuch-Ankleshwar bypass, night times traffic is equally horrendous.

Do not be fooled by the lack of any traffic - the traffic jam scene is far away from Ankleshwar city. Jams known to by 5-7 kms long. The "dedicated" left lane created by cops for cars and buses is also always choked up with trucks. By default, I would take the Golden Bridge which is narrow but at least does not see any jams.
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:39   #71

Hi,

I'm planning a road trip to Ahmedabad and others in the 1st week of October. The route I have planned so far is as follows:

Oct 2 : Borivali - Sardar Sarovar Dam - Pavagadh - Halol : Start at 4.30 am. Stay at Hotel Sarvottam.
Oct 3 : Halol - Champaner - Vadodara : Start as early as poss. Vadodar Sightseeing and stay ??
Oct 4 : Vadodara - Anand - Ahmedabad : Anand SIght seeing. Stay at Lemon Tree (My son's favourite and his b'day). Sightseeing
Oct 5 : Ahmedabad - ????
Oct 6 : ???? - Borivali

I'm travelling with my wife and 2 kids : 6 and 2. Need all inputs possible, including road conditions, best routes, stay options, must see places.

Thanks to all in advance.

SDS
Old 24th September 2014, 16:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesilva View Post
Hi,

I'm planning a road trip to Ahmedabad and others in the 1st week of October. The route I have planned so far is as follows:

Oct 2 : Borivali - Sardar Sarovar Dam - Pavagadh - Halol : Start at 4.30 am. Stay at Hotel Sarvottam.
Oct 3 : Halol - Champaner - Vadodara : Start as early as poss. Vadodar Sightseeing and stay ??
Oct 4 : Vadodara - Anand - Ahmedabad : Anand SIght seeing. Stay at Lemon Tree (My son's favourite and his b'day). Sightseeing

I'm travelling with my wife and 2 kids : 6 and 2. Need all inputs possible, including road conditions, best routes, stay options, must see places.

SDS
Dear SDS

I am from Anand though due to "paapi pet" work in Mumbai.

The roads -NH 8 is decent though post rains some areas between Surat-Bharuch have developed cracks.

Bharuch may encounter some traffic.

Pavagad has a rope way system. Pls. check in advance if it is operational. Else, the climb is steep and with the sun behind your back, it will be taxing with 02 kids.

Anand per se is a small town. Nothing much to see. Yet some recommendations:

1) Amul Factory
2) Lambel Temple(10 kms on VV Nagar Road)
3) Dakor(Original Dwarka connection)-30 kms
4) VV Nagar(Twin Education City of Anand)
5) Swami Narayan Mandir

I am not aware of a Lemon Tree at Anand. One of the better hotels is Lacasa Inn att Ganesh Chokdi. Rates per night between Rs. 2.5K-4K.

Else, you could check Hotel Surabhi International on Amul Dairy Road.

Anand-A'bad via Express highway = 70 kms. Can be travelled in 40 mins max.

Dont miss out Swami Narayan Temple (Akshardham)- Gandhinagar. Worth a visit.

Located 70 kms from Ahmedabad. Try the sound and light show at 7 pm.

Last edited by arnabchak : 24th September 2014 at 16:28.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 11:12   #73

Thanks Arnabchak for the prompt reply. I meant Lemon Tree at Ahmedabad! Have worked out a slightly different route. Your comments needed.

1st October Wed : Borivali – Vapi
Hotel Apple Inn
2nd October Thu : Vapi - Kabirvad – Sardar Sarovar Dam – Bodeli – Halol – Pavagadh
Hotel at Halol?
3rd October Fri : Halol - Champaner – Ajwa – Dakor – Anand – Ahmedabad
Lemon Tree
4th October Sat : Ahmedabad – Lemon Tree
5th October Sun : Ahmedabad– Daman
Hotel at Daman?
6th October Mon : Daman - Mumbai
Old 25th September 2014, 16:43   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesilva View Post
Hi,

SDS
When coming from Borivali, you need to turn right towards Rajpipla at Ankleshwar (take the service road at Ankleshwar else you will go up the flyover). The road till Rajpipla was not in good conditions around the 1st week of August due to the rains. Dont know if it has been repaired since then. From Rajpipla till Sardar Sarovar Dam the road is 2-lane but in excellent condition.

From Sardar Sarovar Dam turn rigt and take the Jhambughoda road to go to Champaner and Pavagadh. Its a beautiful 2-lane road in excellent condition and you get a good feel of rural gujarat. Traffic is sparse. But there are no decent hotels/restaurants and just 1 petrol pump near Jhambugoda. So stock up on snacks and water esp since you have kids along.

Why Sardar Sarovar dam? Is it the beautiful pics of an overflowing Sardar Sarovar that is seen in newspapers every monsoon? I dont think the dam will be overflowing at this time. There is a waterfall in the Shoolpaneshwar Sanctuary which you may like to checkout.
Old 25th September 2014, 20:29   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Why Sardar Sarovar dam? Is it the beautiful pics of an overflowing Sardar Sarovar that is seen in newspapers every monsoon? I dont think the dam will be overflowing at this time. There is a waterfall in the Shoolpaneshwar Sanctuary which you may like to checkout.
Is it a wrong time to visit the dam? I heard it overflows till October. Any what about the waterfall at Shoolpaneshwar?

I was also thinking of revising the route again as the Kali temple at pavagadh may be over crowded due to Dasera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks