Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 23:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks so much for your suggestions guys. I managed to complete the journey from Jayanagar to Parking lot of the railway station in exactly 55 mins!! I had waaay too much time to kill on reaching there.

Anyway, better to be early than to be late. Even while returning, there wasnt much traffic. Maybe I got lucky
Old 13th September 2008, 08:36   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
What ? Till 25th Aug it was very well there when I went to drop my dad.

Now if anyone coming from Hebbal stretch of ORR and wants to go to OMR, he have to go towards Mahadevapura (Bimal showroom) to take the U turn.

Are you sure the turn under the bridge is barricaded?

Abhi
akory, the normal underpass exists as always, which is one-way, right? Coming from Hebbal or from Beninganahalli, you can go around and under the bridge.

But in your route, coming from Marathahalli / Whitefield towards KRPuram bridge, where will you go under the bridge? There used to be a U-turn allowed just before the bridge to reach the parking lot but that is now closed.
Old 15th September 2008, 13:24   #18
BHPian

aren't you both talking about the same U turn ? AFAIK, when coming from hebbal side, there is only 1 U turn which you can take (legally) and that is under the bridge(infront of KRP Rly stn).
When coming from whitefield side, there are 2 possible U turns,one infront of KR Puram rly stn and another under the flyover to hebbal.
Of these, which one is blocked ?
Old 7th July 2010, 15:34   #19
BHPian

Guys, I'll be coming to Bangalore on the 13th and I want to go to Jayanagar 9th block. Any bus routes from the Railway station(Main junction)? Help!

P.S.: I don't want to travel by auto.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj2268 View Post
Guys, I'll be coming to Bangalore on the 13th and I want to go to Jayanagar 9th block. Any bus routes from the Railway station(Main junction)? Help!

P.S.: I don't want to travel by auto.
From the railway station, cross over to the city bus station (take the subway) which is just on the other side of the road. This is the main bus station in Bangalore. The only bus which goes to Jayanagar 9th block is Route no 18. I don't know if Volvos are available on this route.

If you want to take a Volvo, take route no 2 till Jayanagar 4th block and take an auto from there. It should be minimum charge in the auto.

If you still want to continue in bus. Take bus nos 60A from Jayanagar 4th block to 9th block.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:59   #21
BHPian

Thank you so much.

Most Viewed