Team-BHP - Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/46244-bangalore-patna-route-queries-2.html)

Gogo. All the best for the adventure in advance. I hope you have ample time at your disposal. For the second route talk to AKRoy who lives in Bangalore. He came to Kolkata from Bangalore year before last I think and went back too. I would advise you against going via north-Bengal and north Bihar due to the flood situation. Choose NH2 instead upto Barhi and then go via Gaya. Silky smooth road there.
Incidentally I am going to Benares from Kolkata next month.
If you travel alone in these routes I would strongly suggest carrying adequate papers with you proving your identity and have all the papers ready. You might be harassed by the cops.

Many thanks Sudipto, I will talk to AKRoy.. i will enquire before taking any decision. Thanks again

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramods (Post 988677)
I have taken this route 3 time, last time in Dec 2007, ..............................you do same you will reach Patna by 6-7PM, distance from Nawada to Patna is somewhere 120KMS.

-Pramod

Hai GOGO & SRITURL,

Like Pramod has posted, Nagpur - Seoni-Jabalpur is in very good condition, Pramods has posted this earlier, I think on his day trip to Bedagadh.

I would in Jabalpur / Katni road between 29, 30, 31st oct., when are you guys planning to drive through this area, if our schedules mesh, we can meet up?

I've done a primary recon. on this area through friends in MP, the stretch from Jabalpur, Katni to Rewa is clean and good with smooth surface, beyond that no idea.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
-----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkya1 (Post 989336)
Nagpur - Seoni-Jabalpur is in very good condition,

I've done a primary recon. on this area through friends in MP, the stretch from Jabalpur, Katni to Rewa is clean and good with smooth surface, beyond that no idea.

+1 on both the points by Ramki: Based on first hand experience about 4 months back.

We were able to do speeds of 80-100 without taking risks. There are places where the road work was going on, but that's just a small hassle. Another thing to note about the JBP-Rewa stretch is that at some places inside towns the road is a little narrow and crowded. Please make sure that you take the Katni bypass, that should save you some hassle.

Hi Ramki/Su-47,
Thanks for information, i would be going in first week of nov. Will keep update about my confirm date later. I think we can meet during return journey. Could you please update your exp after journey about roads condition if time permit.

I am planning to take NH-7 ;because North Bihar is full of flood[Don't know status about nov now] so can't take NH-5[via kharagpur/bolpur]. If roads are good until Rewa, then its fine

cheers

Can anyone give advice on this route
for NH 60 - Khargapur- Debipur- - left for SH9- dubrajpur- right SH5 - suri - Dumka- SH10 - Banka- amarpur-sultanganj- NH-80 - munger- - barahiya - Nh30 - patna

I would like to know the condition of NH60/SH-9/5/10 , How is the road in SUri/Dumka [Jharkhand] .

Thanks
:D:D

And i would like to know the condition B/w Rewa to Patna via Mughalsarai [NH-2/30] . I am about to decide b/w these two.

AKRoy: Could you please write few lines here about my plan.

Which one is good NH5 or NH7 ??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gogo_gogo (Post 990800)
Can anyone give advice on this route
for NH 60 - Khargapur- Debipur- - left for SH9- dubrajpur- right SH5 - suri - Dumka- SH10 - Banka- amarpur-sultanganj- NH-80 - munger- - barahiya - Nh30 - patna

Instead of taking Kgp - Bankura route it is advisable to stick to Kolkata (NH6/NH2) GQ. Dubrajpur road is in shambles from Ranigunj. Pls take the following route
Panagarh(Darjeeling More) - Ilambazar - Suri - Masanjor - Dumka route. I have drove till Masanjor and the road is excellent. Pls travel deoghar route in day time. I can try to talk to my FIL (who is from Suri) to get some more information about road towards Dumka. But it should be fine as cars / buses keep on going to the route.

Above all, I am hearing stories of NH60 in Orissa because of flood. People are taking shelter on GQ. Your first hurdle is to cross NH5 / NH60 in Orissa.

Quote:

I would like to know the condition of NH60/SH-9/5/10 , How is the road in SUri/Dumka

Already answered above.

Quote:

AKRoy: Could you please write few lines here about my plan.
Which one is good NH5 or NH7 ??

NH5 is fine except Orissa stretch. I dont have the map now. Let me check for NH7 options when I reach home tonight from office.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 992204)
Instead of taking Kgp - Bankura route it is advisable to stick to Kolkata (NH6/NH2) GQ. Dubrajpur road is in shambles from Ranigunj. Pls take the following route
Panagarh(Darjeeling More) - Ilambazar - Suri - Masanjor - Dumka route. I have drove till Masanjor and the road is excellent. Pls travel deoghar route in day time. I can try to talk to my FIL (who is from Suri) to get some more information about road towards Dumka. But it should be fine as cars / buses keep on going to the route.

Above all, I am hearing stories of NH60 in Orissa because of flood. People are taking shelter on GQ. Your first hurdle is to cross NH5 / NH60 in Orissa.

Already answered above.

NH5 is fine except Orissa stretch. I dont have the map now. Let me check for NH7 options when I reach home tonight from office.

Abhi

Many Thanks, Abhi, After your suggestion i am plannign to take below route:
- Baleshwar -NH6- Kharagpur - NH60 - Deuli- Medinipur- Durllabhganj- Bishnupur- Kanksa- ilambazar- suri- Dumka ....

I am attaching map for this too, Bankura/Raniganj is not coming on the way.

I will wait for your feedback about NH-7 too..

gogo, Kaksa in map is nothing but Darjeeling More. Ask for Darjeeling More when you reach NH2. From Durgapur take right for another 20km on NH2 and take left from Darjeeling More.

Darjeeling more - Dubrajpur - Suri is the route I am talking off. Actually I thought of Dubrajpur - Pandaveshwar - Ranigunj route which is in shambles.

Just talked to my FIL, he told that Suri - Masanjor - Dumka - Deoghar route is fine now. Many good buses and cars are taking the route.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 992975)
gogo, Kaksa in map is nothing but Darjeeling More. Ask for Darjeeling More when you reach NH2. From Durgapur take right for another 20km on NH2 and take left from Darjeeling More.

Just talked to my FIL, he told that Suri - Masanjor - Dumka - Deoghar route is fine now. Many good buses and cars are taking the route.

Abhi

Thanks, Dude... For you valuable time clap:

I will be doing the Massanjore-Dumka-Deoghar-Kolkata round trip in January 23-26. Massanjore is simply out of this world, with a DVC guest house. I have very fond memories of this route in the late 70s - but by bus of course. Goes through tribal heartland.

Not sure if gogo did his trip, but I did my trip starting on 19th Nov and back on 26th Nov, I took the route Nagpur-Jabalpur-Katni-Maihar-Rewa-Mirjapur-Varanasi-Mohaniya-Aurangabad-Dobhi-Gaya-Nawada, while in return I came from Varanasi-Allahabad-Rewa skipping Mirjapur, the overall route is good except for some very bad patch in Rewa - Mirjapur, the Allahabad-Rewa is good compared to Rewa-Mirjapur but not worth of 140kms extra.
I started from Nagpur in night and travelled whole night and reached Varanasi in morning, had some break and then continued on NH2 towards Dobhi and then Gaya, from Gaya I took Hisua route for Nawada, before you reach Hisua, a major bridge has collapsed and you have to cross the bridge by going through sand, that was the worst part, expect that every thing was fine.

Summary: Nagpur - Jabalpur : Road is Good, but there are too many diversions, one need to be very careful in night
Jabalpur-Katni-90% Good, 10% bad patches
Katni- Maihar-95%Good 5% bad patches
Maihar-Rewa - 90% Good and 10% Bad patches
Rewa -Mirjapur - 80% Good and 20% very bad road[ its almost 20 kms that are too bad, or say should I say craters]
Mirjapur- Varanasi - almost good, with very few bad patches
Varanasi - Dobhi -> NH2 ALL GOOD
Dobhi -Gaya -NH82 GOOD
GAYA - NAWADA- 95% Good and 5% bad patches

I went to Rajgir from Nawada and even to Devgarh the total distance I covered in these time frame was approx 3000KMS, mostly the road was good but few patches in Bihar almost 17 kms was worst, for Devgarh, I travelled in Bihar, then Jarkhand and then again in Bihar[this was the worst patch] and then again back in Jarkhand.[200Kms from Nawada and it took 5 hours].

started back on 26th morning from Nawada and reached Nagpur by 12 Midnight so same day!

Hope this information help somebody planning that side from Nagpur, Jabalpur
-Pramod

Pramod, that was a very useful account. Encouraging to know that roads in that region are in good shape. How do you rate the facilities (petrol pumps, tyre shops, dhaabas, hotels, large towns)?

How is the road widening going on on NH7 till Laknadon?

Petrol pumps are available, but they are not too well equipped, but you can definitely get fuel rest depends, regarding dhaabas, they are very few for family I stopped at A1 dhaaba at Aurangabad, else there are lots of line hotel if you are single or only male members. Regarding road widening, "Nagpur - Jabalpur : Road is Good, but there are too many diversions, one need to be very careful in night", they are yet to make both side operational, so you have to be very careful in night not to miss the diversion and then come to dead end.

Lots of City in between, I believe you wanted to know more from Varanasi side, you hit Sasaram, then Dehri, here you cross 3.2 KM long bridge on river son and Aurangabad, all of these are cities are good and people can get proper accommodations.

-Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramods (Post 1075549)
Hope this information help somebody planning that side from Nagpur, Jabalpur
-Pramod

Definitely very good, useful and unique information. Thanks much for sharing. Any pictures en route, can you put up a thread detaling such a wonderful and unique driving route and experience.