Team-BHP - Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore to Patna : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/46244-bangalore-patna-route-queries-6.html)

Thanks Anuj, I will be taking the same route, Nagpur-Jabalpur-Katni-Maihair-Rewa-Varanasi-Dobhi-Gaya-Nawada in few hours from now, as I understand the road are in bad condition and have to see how my Yeti takes it, expecting a night drive through this road, but depending on the condition will halt somewhere in between, will update once done with this.

-Pramod

Started off by 4.30PM on 25th June reached Nawada by 1.30PM on 26th June, total of 1052KM. The road condition are not that bad, the MP boarder from Nagpur side is bad for 5KM while they have repaired a lot and mostly the ghat has been repaired, same goes through out, Maihar and Rewa there is some 10km bad but not that bad that car would not take, the most troublesome section was in UP, as you cross the UP border and you are greeted with the worst path, hanumana till Mirjapur is quit bad.

Overall still a good option to cover as the road is fully operational during late night and you don't feel like driving alone.

-Pramod

Hi Pramod you've mentioned that the road is tolerable. However, is it good enough for a sedan. I took this road in 2011 June and my car did well, though it brushed thrice in MP.Also on following the various posts later I gave up the idea of returning via the same route. So it will help if you can give some more details especially since monsoon has been bad in the region. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingWheels (Post 2860855)
Hi Pramod you've mentioned that the road is tolerable. However, is it good enough for a sedan.

I did this route last month (not till Patna but MGS) and the road is good enough for a sedan to go through. No problemo.:thumbs up

Bangalore- Hyderabad - Nagpur- Jabalpur (21/12/2012)

Hi Guys ... Finally bit the bullet on the morning of the 21st dec last year as we were not left with any choice of travel after missing our 7am flight we started on the NH7/NH44 from the Devanhalli @ 830pm and Reached Hyderabad @ 130pm (500kms) amazing road was averaging 100 kmph didnt enter the city used the 8 lane ORR and exited on the outskirts .

Took a break for lunch , started @ 230pm reached Nagpur(490kms) @ 830pm road till Andhra border was amazing as you enter Mahrastra its like from 140kmph to 20kmph bad roads and no lights/signs so basically your clueless .. you seriously need a GPS here .. Advice fellow travellers to get into Nagpur before its gets dark ..!!

Checked into a hotel for the night , started @ 530 am and took the nagpur-khawasa-Pench-Jabalpur ( 270 kms) reached jbp @ 1130am, the road has been done up on the ghats (patchwork) the Khawasa border is Pathetic cannot take a chance with the potholes .. off road is better ..!

Return journey for all those who are not aware ... once you get too a city called JAM after nagpur stop and enquire about NH7 we did a mistake by taking the SH1 and were welcomed by pathetic roads which passed through the smallest of towns ...! took us 100kms and 4"XTRA hrs" to reach hyderabad

Hyderabad to Bangalore was as usual a lovely drive 4 lane NH7 ..

Happy Motoring . ..!

Team,
Any news on the current road conditions beyond Nagpur and up to Varanasi? How have the recent floods in MP impacted NH7. As heard last, roads were non-existent throughout MP and Mirzapur to Varanasi.

Cheers,
Rolling Wheels

Hello People,

As asked above, request an update for the route to Patna via, Hyderabad- Nagpur- Jabalpur- Varanasi.

May just have to take the road during 2nd week of October, if we fail to get tickets by train. Flight tickets as it is very costly already.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 3233406)
Hello People,

As asked above, request an update for the route to Patna via, Hyderabad- Nagpur- Jabalpur- Varanasi.

May just have to take the road during 2nd week of October, if we fail to get tickets by train. Flight tickets as it is very costly already.

Thanks.

My friend just came into Hyd from Jabalpur and he was saying the roads between pandharkawada and Adilabad are all broken up,hardly any road anywhere and also near Hinghanghat.Jabalpur-Nagpur took him 7.5hrs and Nagpur-Hyd took him 8.5hrs.Sorry no update on road conditions beyond Jabalpur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3233666)
My friend just came into Hyd from Jabalpur and he was saying the roads between pandharkawada and Adilabad are all broken up,hardly any road anywhere and also near Hinghanghat.Jabalpur-Nagpur took him 7.5hrs and Nagpur-Hyd took him 8.5hrs.Sorry no update on road conditions beyond Jabalpur.

So Nagpur - Jabalpur stretch seems ok.

How in the Andhra agitation situation? I am planning to drive down to the Himalayas via NH7 from Bangalore. First day I plan to do Bangalore - Pench, which I have done once in a day.But can't afford any unexpected delays.

Also, Day 2, I plan to do Pench - Lucknow. Till Jabalpur shold be ok, then need to figure out whether Lucknow can be done in a day (if NH7 b/w Jabalpur - Allahabad is alright) or whether I should aim for Allahabad (which should be easy).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjitp1 (Post 3233666)
Nagpur-Hyd took him 8.5hrs

This sounds bad! Last year I did this stretch in about 7 hours. Looks like the heavy rains in this area have taken further toll on the bad stretches. These 2 stretches have been sticking out like a sore thumb for the last few years now - wonder when it will get done :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 988555)
I do Nagpur -> Jabalpur trip regularly, fly to Nagpur and drive down to Jabalpur. Not much to worry about on this route.

Jabalpur -> Satna/Rewa -> allahabad route has fairly bad patches and can be unsafe in vicinity of MU/UP border in night. But have not traveled there myself and is based on what I hear from others in Jabalpur.

Nagpur->Jabalpur stretch of about 280km is bad at present and takes about 8 hours to cover. This is confirmed by a friend who's from Jabalpur.

I am planning for a trip to Allahabad (from Bangalore) and was inquisitive on condition of Jabalpur to Allahabad stretch. Can somebody update please.
Alternative routes like Bangalore> Pune> Malegaobn> Indore> Bhopal> Allahabad can be longer (extra 7-800 km) but is it a faster route compared to Bangalore> Hyderabad> Nagpur> Jabalpur> Rewa> Allahabad? Appreciate a note from the gurus.

I am planning to travel on 9th Oct and have to book hotels for night halt too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBerry (Post 3250530)
Nagpur->Jabalpur stretch of about 280km is bad at present and takes about 8 hours to cover. This is confirmed by a friend who's from Jabalpur.

That is correct, this road was not maintained well. It does take around 8 hours to cover this segment.

I and my 3 other friends plan to do a trip from Mangalore to Varanasi starting on the 21st of November in a Ford Figo Diesel.. Route to be taken is:

leave at 03:00 AM, Mangalore > Ankola > Bhagalkot > Solapur > Nagpur by 11:00 PM (Stop for the Night)
leave at 06:00 AM, Nagpur > Raipur > Gumla > Ranchi by 11:00 PM(Stop For the Night)
Ranchi > Varanasi

This route was specifically decided upon considering the pathetic roads on NH 7 Jabalpur > Katni > Rewa> Varanasi.

I want to know:
  1. Whether It is Doable?
  2. Condition of roads b/w Solapur > Nagpur?
  3. Condition of roads on the route Nagpur > Raipur > Gumla > Ranchi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgo (Post 3285221)
I and my 3 other friends plan to do a trip from Mangalore to Varanasi starting on the 21st of November in a Ford Figo Diesel.. Route to be taken is:

leave at 03:00 AM, Mangalore > Ankola > Bhagalkot > Solapur > Nagpur by 11:00 PM (Stop for the Night)
leave at 06:00 AM, Nagpur > Raipur > Gumla > Ranchi by 11:00 PM(Stop For the Night)
Ranchi > Varanasi

This route was specifically decided upon considering the pathetic roads on NH 7 Jabalpur > Katni > Rewa> Varanasi.

I want to know:
  1. Whether It is Doable?
  2. Condition of roads b/w Solapur > Nagpur?
  3. Condition of roads on the route Nagpur > Raipur > Gumla > Ranchi

I think your Day 1 is too aggressive.
There are too many bad roads in various sectors, including Solapur-Nanded-Nagpur.
I would not go via Gumla-Ranchi, traditionally considered unsafe and also having bad roads.
Instead, I would take Nagpur-Chindwara-Seoni-Mandla-Shahpura-Umariya-Barhi-Maihar-Rewa-Allahabad-Varanasi route, which has mostly good roads except for a few bad sections beyond Rewa till the MP border.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgo (Post 3285221)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 3285287)
I think your Day 1 is too aggressive.
There are too many bad roads in various sectors, including Solapur-Nanded-Nagpur.

Why take road via Solapur to Nagpur ? Why not Hyderabad?
You get 4-lane for long stretches. And if there are multiple drivers can be covered in a day potentially.

Mangalore-Udupi-Agumbe-Shimoga-Harihar-Hospet-Raichur-Mehbubnagar-Hyd-Nagpur.