Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2019, 15:01   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Guwahati to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Thanks! So, after Muzaffarpur, will it be touching Darbhanga, Purnea and Kishanganj? Is that the route? The Google maps show this route to Siliguri.
Yes, stick to the route via Purnia - Kishanganj. The shorter route doesn't have very good roads for ~ 50 kms and the entire stretch has single lane roads [wide at places].
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 14:54   #32
BHPian

Re: Guwahati to Delhi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Yes, stick to the route via Purnia - Kishanganj. The shorter route doesn't have very good roads for ~ 50 kms and the entire stretch has single lane roads [wide at places].
Thanks. I am finding two routes between Muzaffarpur and Purnea. Which one is the E-W corridor?

(1) From Muzaffarpur, the first one is NH 27 via Majhauli - Jhanjharpur - Phulparas - Forbesganj - Araria - Purnea - Dalkhola - Kushanganj route. In this case, I suppose one does not have to enter Purnea town (?)

(2) The second is the route NH 31 via Madhepura.

Which is the suggested and better one?

Vip.
Old 8th April 2019, 08:55   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Which one is the E-W corridor?

(1) From Muzaffarpur, the first one is NH 27 via Majhauli - Jhanjharpur - Phulparas - Forbesganj - Araria - Purnea - Dalkhola - Kushanganj route. In this case, I suppose one does not have to enter Purnea town (?)

(2) The second is the route NH 31 via Madhepura.
Stick to the first route as Google Maps was sober at that point. This is through E-W corridor.
Old 2nd August 2020, 01:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am planning a trip to Guwahati by mid-August from Noida. Is the following route the shortest one?

Noida - Yamuna Express > Agra > Taj Express Way > Lucknow > Faizabad > Muzaffarpur > Darbhanga > Aaria > Purnea > Bahadurganj > Siliguri > Guwahati

I plan to complete in 2 days with a night halt at Darbhanga. Also, is the route affected by the recent flooding in Bihar and Assam?
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:29   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Noida - Yamuna Express > Agra > Taj Express Way > Lucknow > Faizabad > Muzaffarpur > Darbhanga > Aaria > Purnea > Bahadurganj > Siliguri > Guwahati

I plan to complete in 2 days with a night halt at Darbhanga. Also, is the route affected by the recent flooding in Bihar and Assam?
I think the route is shortest, but, I can't say with certainty. You can shave off ~35 kms if you go directly to Siliguri from Araria, but a bridge has collapsed, so that route is non-functional.

Expect some sort of jams at https://www.google.com/maps/dir/26.5...3e0?shorturl=1

Mostly because there is some issue at a particular bridge's approach. But I believe it should be sorted by the time you start.

All the best.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Sheel. Any idea if the mentioned route is affected by flood?

Quote:
I think the route is shortest, but, I can't say with certainty. You can shave off ~35 kms if you go directly to Siliguri from Araria, but a bridge has collapsed, so that route is non-functional.

All the best.
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:55   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Sheel. Any idea if the mentioned route is affected by flood?
Sorry, I forgot to mention, as of today, no.

Heard, [unverified] that Nepal too is not releasing as much water as it used to in this side.

While it continues to rain almost everyday here and low areas are filled, some rural roads are damaged, all highways [save for Araria to Siliguri via Naxalbari] are functional.

But, roads have deteriorated a lot, I believe, you would be in your recently acquired Fortuner...? So, for a bit of bad ride, you won't face any issue.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info! Yes, with the fortuner.

Quote:
But, roads have deteriorated a lot, I believe, you would be in your recently acquired Fortuner...? So, for a bit of bad ride, you won't face any issue.
Old 4th October 2021, 20:29   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning a trip to Guwahati by mid-August from Noida. Is the following route the shortest one?

We'll be traveling to Agra from Guwahati by following the same route by this weekend. How were the roads when you travelled?

Have also planned to stay near darbhanga for the night. Does anyone have any recommendations for clean hotels near/ on the highway?
Old 28th March 2022, 17:15   #40
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Planning a trip to guwahati from gurgaon this week.
need help on best possible routes or updates.
would be great if a kind soul can help me with the best route. I am travelling solo & the car is Ecosport.

I am not looking for the shortest route but a route with best possible road conditions or 4 lane highways preferably.

This is what I have in mind

1) Gurgaon - Gorakhpur
2) Gorakhpur - Siliguri
3) Siliguri - Guwahati

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by blurust : 28th March 2022 at 17:19. Reason: added more info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks