Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2013, 10:14   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Aternate Route between Gundulpet and Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
Yes, the road to Bannur starts from the ring road in Mysore. He would have to cross Nanjangud however !
If one is heading to Waynad/Ooty via Kanakpura road, why head to Mysore from NH209? Again you will have to bear the city traffic. The easier option is to continue all the way to Chamarajanagar on 209, and take the road to Gundlupet. Raoad conditions are fairly good.

If you are heading to Mysore, I agree this would be a better option with lesser traffic.

PS : May be I did not get your point of view. Can you please explain?
Old 4th June 2013, 10:37   #32
BHPian

Didn't the poster want an alternate route from Mysore to Bangalore ? Hence, I suggested Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Bannur-Kanakpura instead of Chamrajnagar.

The route from/to Bannur is near the ring road in Mysore, and hence, no need to cross the city traffic in either direction.

Shyam
Old 4th June 2013, 10:43   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
Didn't the poster want an alternate route from Mysore to Bangalore ? Hence, I suggested Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Bannur-Kanakpura instead of Chamrajnagar.
Now I understand what I you meant. I went my the thread title. And assumed he was referring to bad traffic on Mysore road which was a part of his drive rather than it being the whole drive.
Old 4th June 2013, 22:59   #34
BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Kollegala-Gundulpet-Thodupuzha

Thanks Ampere and Shyam.
Shyam , Mysore - Bangalore with Bannur-Malavalli-Kanakpura , was known to me , and have taken that route a few times. However, when u are coming back from a holiday (Kerala/Ooty/Masinagudi et al) , it would be better to give Mysore also a miss( a time consumer anyway).

Thanks a lot guys, I will definitely turn off to Chamarajnagar, at Gundulpet , in future. Makes a lot of sense , especially on a Sunday

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks