Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 20:10   #301
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Guruvayur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyer_2000 View Post
Dear all,
I took the route of Electronic city --> Salem --> Coimbatore --> Palakkad --> Alathur --> Kavasseri --> Pazhayannur --> Chelakkara --> Guruvayoor.
did you take Ottupura->Erumappetty->Pannithadam route? Or Wadakkanchery town/gate route?
Will you be able to describe the junctions and turns after Alathur upto Guruvayur?
Old 16th August 2016, 20:17   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Please do not take that road until and unless its absolute necessary.
The road widening is still on and the rains have made the roads even more terrible.
Thanks and guessed it so. God knows when the road widening and construction work will complete on this stretch and be able to drive safe.

-Ravi
Old 16th August 2016, 20:20   #303
VMC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Your timing seems to be good. How is the road conditions between Walayar till Thrissur ? Is the road widening work still going on?

-Ravi
I took the alathur-- pazhayannur-- chellakara-- wadankancherry -- guruvayur route. This route is pretty neat with no potholes. However road widening was going on near the Coimbatore bypass but this was not much.

Check Google maps for this route and download the maps for travelling and use offline mode

Note : take the wadankancherry ( with w) route. There is also a vadankancherry (with V) nearby. Do not get confused.
Hope this helps

Last edited by VMC : 16th August 2016 at 20:24.
VMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 11:40   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMC View Post
I took the alathur-- pazhayannur-- chellakara-- wadankancherry -- guruvayur route. This route is pretty neat with no potholes. However road widening was going on near the Coimbatore bypass but this was not much.

Check Google maps for this route and download the maps for travelling and use offline mode

Note : take the wadankancherry ( with w) route. There is also a vadankancherry (with V) nearby. Do not get confused.
Hope this helps
Thanks. Yea, am aware of both the routes. Was checking how is the current conditions in NH47.

-Ravi
Old 29th August 2016, 12:18   #305
BHPian

Hello friends!

Every year i take my family on a long trip away from bangalore during deepaavaLi/diwali. We celebrate the festival by spending some great family time rather than bursting crackers. This october we are headed for Alleppey!!!

I will be driving my Ford Fusion

I have booked accommodation at shanthiteeram heritage lake resort at Alleppey. I saw on google maps that I could take the bangalore-Krishnagiri-Salem-Alleppey route or the Bangalore-Nanjanagud-guruvayoor-Alleppey route. I prefer a serene and calm drive even if it is longer.

Requesting all BHP friends to help me with some information on...

1. How is the Bangalore-Nanjanagud-guruvayoor-Alleppey road condition now?

2. What are the places that I can visit on the way, during my stay in Alleppey and on the way back?

3. What are the food / refreshment stops that I can make on the way?

4. What will be the weather like in Alleppey in October end- November Ist week?

5. Your suggestions on whether I should plan guruvayoor on the way back or on the way to Alleppey?

6. Any advices/ Suggestions while in guruvayoor and Alleppey?

I will look forward eagerly for your responses. Please help.
Old 29th August 2016, 18:56   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Krish View Post

Requesting all BHP friends to help me with some information on...

1. How is the Bangalore-Nanjanagud-guruvayoor-Alleppey road condition now?

2. What are the places that I can visit on the way, during my stay in Alleppey and on the way back?

3. What are the food / refreshment stops that I can make on the way?

4. What will be the weather like in Alleppey in October end- November Ist week?

5. Your suggestions on whether I should plan guruvayoor on the way back or on the way to Alleppey?

6. Any advices/ Suggestions while in guruvayoor and Alleppey?

I will look forward eagerly for your responses. Please help.

Would be better to post in the 'All Roads to Kerala' thread, that has better viewership and is more suited for this question. Cannot answer all your questions, but few comments.

Not sure how and why google routed through Guruvayoor, even with the Nanjangud Route, you dont need to touch Guruvayoor. Would recommend sticking to the Salem route. Even this route passes through Thrissur, which is 20km from Guruvayoor. So if you want to go to Guruvayoor you can do so with this route also.

Whether to stop at Guruvayoor while going or coming depends on the exact dates of the journey and your itinerary. Ideally if one of these is a weekday, that would be better.

Food options on the way are plenty, again, the 'All routes to Kerala' thread has more details. Typically Kerala is warm and humid in October. Evenings should be pleasant though.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 29th August 2016 at 18:58.
Old 29th August 2016, 19:51   #307
BHPian

Thank you Rajeevraj for the reply. I will post it in the all roads to kerala right away.

Google actually did not exactly show the route passes through guruvayoor...i saw that it is close to the route to alleppey and added it as a stop.

Anyways...thanks again for the response.

Chees!!!
Old 27th August 2018, 09:24   #308
Senior - BHPian

Hi - Any idea what route works for Guruvayur now ? Does the standard Salem, Avanashi, Walayar, Palghat, Pattambi, Shornur, Guruvayur work ? Leaving in a few hours from Bangalore and checking in for opinion, given the recent rain battered roads at Kerala.
Old 27th August 2018, 19:38   #309
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Any idea what route works for Guruvayur now ? Does the standard Salem, Avanashi, Walayar, Palghat, Pattambi, Shornur
I guess this is bit late for you but I think you can instead try Alathur-Pazhayannur-Chelakkara-Wadakkancherry-Choondal-Guruvayoor.

*Avoid Kunnamkulam and instead go via Wadakkancherry-Velur-Choondal

I'm not sure about road conditions on this route due to impact of recent rains/floods.
Old 27th August 2018, 21:07   #310
Senior - BHPian

External smiley replaced

Thank you NPV. I do this route recommended by you tomorrow. As luck would have it I ended up taking Kunnamkulam. It wasn't that bad and my Crysta could manage those stretches of bad roads. Overall I didn't get troubled much. Was ok drive.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2018 at 07:50.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 21:23   #311
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I do this route recommended by you tomorrow. As luck would have it I ended up taking Kunnamkulam.
What was your final route onwards from Bangalore today ? Did you go via Palakkad-Shornur ?
Old 18th April 2019, 20:18   #312
BHPian

What is the best route to Guruvayur from Bangalore now?

Is the standard Salem > CBE> Palakkad > Guruvayur route the best?
Old 18th April 2019, 22:16   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
What is the best route to Guruvayur from Bangalore now?

Is the standard Salem > CBE> Palakkad > Guruvayur route the best?
Yes, this is the default and best option. Only decision point would be as to which route to take from Palakkad. Via Thrissur or via Ottapalam Pattambi. Last time I drive, I took the Thrissur route.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 14:45   #314
BHPian

I just did this trip on April 6th. So here is the complete break down
- Best option is to take the Bangalore-Coimbatore-Pallakad strech
- Bangalore to Attibelle is traffic pone as usual
- Attibele to Krishnagiri is wider but still traffic prone
- Post Krishnagiri traffic thins out, the strech was also recently resurfaced so its pleasant to drive all the way till Salem
- The jams in and around Salem have come down significantly with the opening of 2 new flyovers that bypass those signalled junctions from the past
- Salem to Coimbatore is again an awesome strech.
- The L&T bypass in Salem continues to be the same old, be very careful in that stretch and maintain sane speeds, especially in the night
- Coimbatore (post L&T bypass to Pallkad is completely done and a smooth drive (BUT) you need to be careful as folks in 2 wheelers are a maniac lot in this stretch.

From Pallakad you have 2 options

Option 1 : Pallakad - Alathur - Thrissur - Guruvayur
The roads are again good all the way till Vadakanchery(V not W) but there is still work happening between Vadakancherry and Thrissur including the Kuthiran ghats, so traffic is slow though the roads are not an nightmare that it used to be

Option 2 : Pallakad - Alathur - Wadakancherry - Guruvayur
Take the right at Alathur junction and use the Pazhayannur-Wadakancherry ("W")-Kunnamkulam-Guruvayur route. This road is good but its a single lane.

Except for L&T bypass, fasttag works like a charm throughout.
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 15:15   #315
BHPian

Planning to drive down to Guruvayoor (from Bangalore) on 16th Jan. Any recent updates on the road conditions and the routes preferred?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks