Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 17:03   #31
BHPian

Hi friends,

I second Sudev who is recommending going via Bikaner. There is also a great night halt place there called "Hadasar Haveli". Excellent folk artists perform live every evening on the terrace restaurant

Cheers
Old 29th September 2009, 17:17   #32
BHPian

Hey Anainar, check out some important numbers on this thread of mine. The numbers are given in a photo. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...top-world.html

What kind of trip do you want to do? A typical site seeing one? or exploring Rajasthan?
Old 1st October 2009, 13:14   #33
BHPian

Dushmish,

Thanks for the numbers. Will keep them handy. It is both, I want to go off the beaten track but wifey wants the usual route. You know who wins. So, am trying to do a mix and match.

It has been confirmed that I cannot leave before 12:00 PM on 10th as my son's school has celebrations. So, if I leave by 12:30 from Warje( Bombay highway is just 500 m from my home ), can I reach Ahmedabad before 10:00 PM? That is 9:30 hours driving and bypassing Bombay by 2:00-2:30 PM which does not look like a good time to drive in Bombay.

Nainar
Old 1st October 2009, 13:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nainar, very difficult to do Ahmedabad is such short time.
Assuming that you can reach Thane in 3 hours from Warje, it will still take you 8-9 hours to cross Ahmedabad in the afternoon/ evening hours.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Nainar, very difficult to do Ahmedabad is such short time.
Assuming that you can reach Thane in 3 hours from Warje, it will still take you 8-9 hours to cross Ahmedabad in the afternoon/ evening hours.
Thanks HVK.

Does not augur well for my plan!! .. From my home I have seen a board that said Bombay 153 kms. I presumed I can do this in 2-2.5 hours and from there 8 hours to Ahmedabad. I have to rework some of my travel schedules to take a break at Vadodra instead of Ahmedabad.

Nainar
Old 5th October 2009, 19:24   #36
BHPian

Hi,

I think it will take you 8 odd hours just to reach Surat from Pune. Vadodara- Ahmedabad is really quick since there's an expressway which takes only around an hour for about 100 odd Km, so if you make it to Vadodara, you can pretty much make it to Ahmedabad. Surat - Vadodara I've heard takes about 2 hours now post the 6 laning (took me about 5 hours when it was WIP last December). Ahmedabad - Udaipur is about 4 hours. So Surat - Udaipur should take you about 8 hours on Day 2 (you'll need to leave really early morning to be in by Lunch).
Old 11th October 2009, 17:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

1st Road Tunnel coming up in Rajasthan

Rajasthan''s first road tunnel in Jaipur - Yahoo! India News
Old 11th October 2009, 19:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

This has been under consideration for about 5 years now. The place & the length of the tunnel has been changing after every 6 months. In between the project was even shelved.

So till it does'nt start I wont believe this will happen.
Old 22nd October 2009, 10:56   #39
BHPian

Did the trip and am back in Pune. Will be traveling to Bangalore this Saturday.

To sum up, the trip has been fantastic. Roads were excellent, altogether did 3856 kms in 12 days, stayed at eight different places, saw the landscape change from plains to hills to desert. Had to cut Agra from the schedule because Tajmahal being closed on Monday, but instead added Chitorgarh and drove back to Pune via GQ.

Will be writing a travelogue once I gather some time this week end. Thanks for the help by Nitin, Ranjit.

Catch you all soon.

Nainar
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back to the big real worldgood to know you had a good time
Old 6th December 2012, 15:34   #41
BHPian

Bangalore to Jaipur (Not Jajpur) route ?

I am planning to do a drive with my wife to Jaipur as opposed to flying (4 hours). I have been looking around, and nobody seems to have done this route ? I will also save about 9-10k over flight.

Google maps gives me 3 route options -
1. Bangalore - Kolhapur - Mumbai - Surat - Ahmedabad - Jaipur - NH4 - 2163 kms. I have done this route upto Mumbai, but not further, and the roads are good from Bangalore until Kolhapur, and then Pune - Mumbai. Took me 13 hours then BLR to Mumbai. Whitefield to Andheri that is.

2. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Guna - Jaipur - NH7 - 1982 kms. I have done this route only upto Hyderabad last weekend, in 6.5 hours whitefield to end of PVN expressway. Awesome roads. Don't know how the roads are from there onwards though.

3. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Jaipur - NH7 - 2095 kms.

Is traveling by road in MP dangerous ? you know Chambal ghati and all
Would save me almost 200 kms doing the AP - MP - RJ route, as opposed to KA - MH - GJ - RJ. Any thoughts ?

Am I crazy doing this trip by road ?
Old 6th December 2012, 16:18   #42
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Jaipur (Not Jajpur) route ?

I am scheduled to do the Hyd to Jaipur trip and hence will give my suggestion as you are considering via Hyd also.

I checked with Gaurav who did Hyd to Jaipur in Oct and finally decided to take the below route:

Hyd-Tuljapur-Aurangabad-Dhule-Beed-Ratlam-Chittor-Jaipur. The entire stretch has decent roads and Dhule onwards it is a 4 lane road.

So if you come via Hyd, take the ORR before Hyderabad and hit Pathancheru directly.

However, I will leave it to experts to suggest if you should go via Mumbai or via Hyd.
Old 6th December 2012, 16:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
I
1. Bangalore - Kolhapur - Mumbai - Surat - Ahmedabad - Jaipur - NH4 - 2163 kms. I have done this route upto Mumbai, but not further, and the roads are good from Bangalore until Kolhapur, and then Pune - Mumbai. Took me 13 hours then BLR to Mumbai. Whitefield to Andheri that is.

Take the Route 1, You will get excellent roads till Udaipur. Can cover B'lore - Pune/Mumbai on Day 1 and till Udaipur on Day2. Recently someone has started a Rajasthan thread tool, should help
Old 6th December 2012, 16:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
I am planning to do a drive with my wife to Jaipur as opposed to flying (4 hours). I have been looking around, and nobody seems to have done this route ? I will also save about 9-10k over flight.

2. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Guna - Jaipur - NH7 - 1982 kms. I have done this route only upto Hyderabad last weekend, in 6.5 hours whitefield to end of PVN expressway. Awesome roads. Don't know how the roads are from there onwards though.

3. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Sagar - Jhansi - Jaipur - NH7 - 2095 kms.

Is traveling by road in MP dangerous ? you know Chambal ghati and all
Would save me almost 200 kms doing the AP - MP - RJ route, as opposed to KA - MH - GJ - RJ. Any thoughts ?

Am I crazy doing this trip by road ?
Plenty of people who have done this route and this has been discussed in various threads.

The N-S Corridor is not complete and the some sections beyond Nagpur are terrible.There are no safety issues anywhere.

From Bangalore the GQ is the easiest way to do it to Jaipur.

BLR-Pune-Mumbai-Surat-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Chittor-Bhilwara-Jaipur.

Day 1:BLR-Mumbai: 14hrs

Day 2:Mumbai-Udaipur: 12hrs.If you cant make it to Udaipur then you can stay at Himmatnagar-Hotel Landmark,RTDC Kajiri Udaipur,Padmini Palace Udaipur.Take the SP Ring road from the Baroda Expressway and you would be on the NH8 towards Udaipur in no time.No need to go into AMD city

Day 3:Udaipur-Jaipur : 6hrs.Make sure you take the GQ NH76 towards Chittor and not continue on the NH8 which has ghat sections and 2 laned sections and heavy lorry traffic.

Plenty of stay options at Mumbai and Udaipur.On your return,you can do Jaipur-Ahmedabad (Best Western Takshasila is a good place to stay) on day 1.Day 2 you can do Ahmedabad-Pune(Plenty of hotels on the bypass-ginger,sadanand,holiday inn,vits,sayaji) and day 3:you can do Pune-Bangalore.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=1&t=m&z=11

You will get all the latest updates on this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ctions-19.html
Old 6th December 2012, 17:52   #45
BHPian

Great, thanks everyone for your excellent inputs ! I think I will do the Mumbai route then. I don't like Kolhapur to Pune though - Narrow and broken roads. Done BLR - Mumbai thrice, and the last trip was in May this year.

I will also wait for "prabingade" who said he is doing Hyd to Jaipur, for inputs on that route. I still have about 20 days for the trip, so will wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks